A better day

아름다워(Beautiful)

아름다워-Part (1)

Chapter (6)- A better day

 

I wander through the familiar building, finding nothing. Odd. But when I heard a sound I moved absurdly to that direction. I looked into the dance room but I couldn’t see anything. I went into the room and saw the most familiar face which has been haunting most of my dreams these days. Minho hyung.

“Hyung!”  He was talking back to me but I couldn’t hear it. It was really dreamlike as I could only see his face but couldn’t hear or feel anything.

The next thing I know Minho was dragging me by my hands towards the doors. Since when do we have doors like these? But I couldn’t care nonetheless. We were outside and running like the world’s ending but in fact it’s only starting. I was dragged onto the grass field which I didn’t even know existed there. We were just talking but we were having fun. Minho hyung was telling jokes and I was laughing really hard. But after a few moments, he held my hands and I yelped by surprise. He was apologizing to me for not telling me why he weren’t at this weekend’s practice. He’s even repaying me by buying two ice-cream cones for me.

“It’s okay, hyung.” I said shyly but he insisted, so, I agreed. Suddenly, he lifted my hand and kissed it slowly. I was so shocked that I fell backwards. I saw Minho, going to catch me but then,-

 

I woke up.

It was only a dream?

Of course it’s only a dream, Taemin, get your mind out of the clouds. I got up angrily as the dream weren’t real. How I wish it was. What are talking about, Taemin? Today better be good.

__________________________________________________________

 

I woke up to my brother’s constantly nagging noise. Ever since I slept over the whole weekend at that time, my brother won’t stop teasing me or won’t stop waking me up every morning. As I said my ‘Five minutes more.’ s, something in his words caught my ears.

“Come on, you lazy . Get up. You have practice today.”

Practice. Practice. Weekend. Practice?! Taemin.

I jolted as I remembered what I was supposed to do. I was tired because my friends and I played soccer last night but practice is on, so, what can I say? Besides, I get to see Taemin there. He’s so cute and so pretty. If I could adopt him, I would. I’ve always wanted a little brother. And he’s the perfect role for it. As I was daydreaming about Taemin, I heard my brother telling me to get a shower because I stunk. Well, I just hope this day would be better.

________________________________________________________

 

I stepped down from the bus I rode from Incheon and hurried over to catch another bus to get to our company’s practice building. I suddenly remembered my hyungs probably knew my incident on the high way bus last week. Great, they’re gonna tease me nonstop.

I walked into the training room and met with Donghae hyung, obviously with a teasing smile. But before even I could think,

“Hey, guys, Minho’s here. You know the kid that fell asleep on the bus for the whole ride, back and forth.”

Well, here comes the humiliation. I love my hyungs but sometimes they can be really annoying. Some trainee hyungs from came and teases me, too. I saw everyone but Taemin. My eyes search for him as I circled around the room.

“Searching for your princess, prince charming?” Then, there was Siwon hyung, the mature one but still always teasing me about Taemin.

“Hyung~” I whined helplessly. Is there anyone to take me seriously? But most importantly, where’s Taemin?

Speaking of the devil, I saw Taemin, entering the practice room with someone behind him? Some hyungs are still teasing me about some things and laughing aimlessly but Taemin was just staring this mess like he doesn’t even care a bit. I saw him mouthing something to the boy behind him and they left together. What? He didn’t even acknowledge me. What happened? He’s usually a ball of sunshine. And who’s that mysterious person behind him? Just as I was about to ask,-

“Ooh, princess’s pissed.” It was Siwon hyung again.

”Shut up!” I heard some laughing behind me as I turned away from the hyungs but I couldn’t care less. I have to find out about Taemin and his behavior and that boy following him like a lost puppy.

*************

I arrived at my training room and found out that my rap teacher’s already there. We practiced a few hours and rested for a while. I used this chance to find out about Taemin.

“Teacher, I’ll be back in a while, please excuse me.”

“Yeah, yeah” He said uninterested as some other trainee was asking him about the rapping.

 

I sneaked out of my practice room and headed to the dance training room where I hoped Taemin is located. When I entered the room, I saw some of trainee boys, practicing. Some resting and some watching the dance steps. I saw Taemin by the corner with that guy again. They were breathlessly drinking water from their own bottles. I was just going to ask Taemin everything but his health is more important. I watched him, chunking down all the water in one go.

“Whoa~ take it easy, Taemin. It’s not healthy for you.” I warned him as well as trying to start a conversation. But Taemin just glared at me. What did I do?

“So, he’s the one.” His friend said quietly only for him to hear but I caught it unluckily. What was he talking about? I also heard Taemin hissing a “shut up” with a loud whisper.

“Good luck.” His friend who looked a lot like Taemin said aimlessly. I’m not sure he was talking to me or Taemin. I guess I needed some luck, too, since Taemin seems to be angry with me for some reason.

“What do you want?” Taemin asked me as soon as the guy from earlier was gone.

“Hey, is he your friend? You didn’t even introduce him to me.” I said, trying to make a conversation and failing miserably.

“Oh, that’s all you care about. If that’s the case then, his name is Jongin. ” Seriously, what’s wrong with him? Me? I don’t know anymore. I was sure I was at least a little smarter than other kids my age but I’m not sure anymore because I have no idea how to deal with a pissed off Taemin.

“Taemin, it’s not-”

“What? If you want to know more, go ask him.” I grabbed his shoulder as he was turning his back on me.

“Seriously, Taemin, tell me what’s wrong?”

He was silent for a while. I guess he’s calmed down a bit.

“Come with me.” I said as I dragged him slowly by his wrist. I’m glad he didn’t fight me back.

I lead us to the roof top to communicate calmly.

“Can you tell me now?” I asked him quietly, not wanting to frighten him.

“It’s… it’s just…”

“You can tell me anything, Tae.” I reassured him.

And he told me everything from the start of all this actually; me, not contacting him during last week. I regretted it now.

“-and just now, you looked like you didn’t even recognized me with all the hyungs there.” He finished confusedly. He is so clueless, isn’t he? I thought I was the one to say that. I chuckled to myself inwardly as he was still complaining cutely. Why is he so adorable?

I smiles and ruffled his hair bringing his head to my chest for a split second.

“So cute!” I exclaimed but as always he replied me with an ‘I’m not cute.’ which made him more adorable.

“Taemin, were you jealous?” I asked him and as I’ve expected, he pushed me away and hit me embarrassedly with his little fits which doesn’t hurt one bit.

“To be truth, I was jealous, too.”

“Really?” He asked me shyly.

“Yeah, who’s that guy, anyway?”

And like always he told me how he met this Jongin guys and that he was so bored last week. And about how his dog got sick during the weekdays but it’s all fine now. I guess we’re okay now.

“You’re not angry with me anymore, right? I’m sorry, Tae, I didn’t know you were upset.”

“It’s okay, hyung but next time I won’t forgive you.” He warned me a pout.

“Yeah.” I replied with a smile. “How about I treat you with a hotdog when we go home?”

“Really? Sure hyung. You’re the best!” Well, this day did turned out to be better.

 

__________________________________________________________

 

I thought I annoyed Minho hyung but I guess not. He’s even treating me with hotdog. How cool! It didn’t turn out like in my dreams but it was even better. After the practice, we went to the hotdog shop near the company building. Jonghyun hyung followed us after we’ve finished our snacks and our jokes, too. I realized that it was getting a little dark. That was the reason Jonghyun hyung came to send me home.

 

I waved goodbye to both of my hyungs. Minho hyung was waving at me while Jonghyun hyung was trying to take a snapshot of the Taxi’s license plate. I could hear Minho telling him that he’d already remembered it by mind. Silly hyungs. Always worrying me when I’m not a baby anymore. Whatever, today was fun. Also, considering the fact that Minho hyung and I are in good terms again. Today really was good, I guess.

 

______________________________________________________________

 

Namri’s corner: Well, how are you guys? I’m back from dead. Ha-ha. Anyway, I’m in a heartbreak zone, so, this chapter’s not so creative. Also, I’m working hard to get myself to get a new ipad and jjong’s album. More like getting money from my parents mostly. ;) Wish me luck!

Feel free to comment your thoughts! <3