Dream and Goal

아름다워(Beautiful)

아름다워...

Part (1)

Chapter -3

 

 

I woke up to the sound of noisy children from the streets and my brother, calling my name. Usually, I was a heavy sleeper but I got up right away that day. It was Saturday so that I didn’t really have school, meaning-my friends and I could play in the soccer field all day. But no, I’ve got to do something more important for my life. Well, soccer was part of my life but still, I just knew I’ve got to do this, also remembering what my dad said to me.

__________________________________________________________________

 

“Dad, please. I’ll be the best.”

“You’re already the best. I just don’t want you to be like me.”

“Come on, every dad wants their child to be like them.”

“Not me, then. Please, just, I mean, look at my life, it’s too tiring.”

“But you’re happy.”

“No, it’s only because of you guys, just, I know you’ll be happy if you just listen to me.”

“No, you’ll be happy, not me. I-”

“No, you will not be a coach. This is it.”

***

“Please, dad, I’ll be good, I’ll make you proud.”

“You’ve already made us proud. I’ll be more proud if you just give up that dream of yours. I’m telling for your own good.”

“That’s not for my own good when I don’t want it.”

“Please, son, it’s too stressful, believe me.”

“I’ll be a player then. Please dad.”

“No, you can play soccer anytime. Just-you don’t understand. It’s really stressing. You’re not even that strong.”

“I can do exercises, get strong and-”

“I meant mentally.”

“I’ll try, dad.”

“No, I’ve already told you. Anything but that-you can’t be a coach or a player. This is my final word. I know you love soccer but you’ll understand one day, Minho.”

__________________________________________________________________

 

I couldn’t believe it. Dad, he did what he was interested in but not me?? I didn’t even know what to do. I just wanted to play soccer, why couldn’t I do what I want? Also, that was my dream.

Dream, yeah, I guess I couldn’t get my dream like others do.

 

“What do you mean, hyung?”

“I mean you should try it, Minho.”

“What if I couldn’t? What if I lose…?” The last words left my mouth as a whisper. I didn’t like it, not even a bit. Losing is just not my nature. I don’t really want to deal with it, losing.

“There’s no losing, Minho. You just have to try it again later if you fail.”

“Yah, it’s the same.” I knew what my brother was trying to do. He was convincing me to believe that I could do something more than soccer and without losing.

“I said ‘if’.”

“Whatever.”

“Really, Minho, you should try my idea. I mean instead of wandering around, doing nothing.”

I just gave hyung a nod since I really had nothing to say. Hyung was right. Maybe I should try doing something-other than soccer.

___________________________________________________

 

Today was the day. The day to do what my brother reasoning me to do.

Today was the day to give up my dream, not completely but whatever. That sounds funny. I mean giving up my dream, I felt sad, but at the same time, I felt right. I actually thought I could do something out of this.

Ah, dream, a cherished hope or ideal; a fantasy to be true. But I knew my fantasy couldn’t be true the moment I stepped out of it.

“Minho-ah! Come out now! You’ll miss the bus. Hurry up, will you? Your brother’s been calling for you for a long time, you know?”

I came out of my room as my mom was calling me; well prepared.

“You don’t want to be late today, Min-” “Wow… My son, you’re really putting an effort, aren’t you?”

“Neh, mom.” I thought so, that mom would be surprised seeing that I was special prepared for today-dressed up neatly and really tidy-up.

“You ready?” Dad asked as we were out of our car, heading towards the building.

“Yes, I guess.”

“You can do it, Minho.” My hyung convinced me.

There I was, standing in the crowd; ready to give u my dream and face whatever that’d happen from my new goal…

__________________________________________________________

 

……”

 

The sound of our national song ended with the hint of my slightly cracking voice. I was in the soccer field, singing our own national song before the game. The soft wind rubbing our faces slowly and that was the only sound beside our rhythm of South Korea’s national song. Everything was silent and people would be watching with curious eyes to view the players, also excited for the game. Some people slightly, wishing for their team, some even singing along the song. Everything was perfect at the moment.

But no… I suddenly wasn’t there anymore.

I could hear the sounds of clapping. And when I opened my eyes, I saw the similar smiles of the judges in front of me. I was in an audition room instead of the fresh green soccer field. There weren’t any people from the audience. There were people only outside of the audition room. Ah, the audition room, the SM auditions; I finally remembered why I was here in the first place.

I blink a few times before my memory finally kicked in. I then changed my awkward position quickly and bowed a few times to the judges, saying “Thank you” for a hundred times.

“We will contact you, Minho.” One of the judges said. “Now, you can go rest at home while waiting for our call.”

“Thank you. Thank you.” Again, I thanked them; didn’t really know what for but well.

And yes, this was my brother’s idea to do so. I hope everything went well.

_____________________________________________________

 

I couldn’t believe they contacted me just in a week! I really had no idea what they see on me. My unusually cracking voice? My face wasn’t that handsome, I think. (Ya’ think?! =D)

About another week later, I was already training in the ‘main section’ they said, meaning, I was one of the permanent trainee. I got to train with some hyungs and noonas. I was the maknae of them all. And wow, super junior hyungs, they took good care of me. And DBSK hyungs, too. And most of all, I made new friends, more like hyungs.

There was Ki bum, my new friend-hyung. He was only months older than me, so, we easily became friends. Also, because we went to the same section of training. We were in rap training and dance training. Ki bum hyung was more in dancing. But he said we’d be for visual; I didn’t understand that though. He was friends with Jonghyun hyung from the singing section. I didn’t know how they became friends but they were really close. And I weren’t that close with any of them.

I was sure that I was the maknae. It was really fun. All the hyungs took care of me; noonas, too. I trained mostly at weekends because I had school. And time was quick when you’re happy, so, my life was in a blur. I sometime didn’t know what I was doing or what I meant to do. But nobody had any ideas about their life, was there? And I was like that. I knew my goal, but I still needed time for it. Present time was the best and so was my state. And I think I’m doing the right thing. And sometimes, I wish I could just stay like this for a while… or not?

Well, just let fate decide, I guess.

___________________________________________________________

 

Author’s corner: Hi?? I’m truly sorry for this short chapter and lack of update. Well, it’s mostly because my second semester of university is starting, so, school and stuff, I guess.

And I know 2min’d have been met by now but I thought Minho need a chapter.

Thanks to all readers, subscribers and commenter.

Namri