Seoul And The Announcement

Forget Me Not.

"Wake up, sleepy head!" Rian placed her hands on my back and she shook me lightly. I could hear her, but I didn't want to answer. I didn't want to answer, I didn't want to face another day. "Come on!" she said again. "Nooooooooooo, not yet!" I whined and covered my head with the sheets. "My alarm clock rang almost half an hour ago. Bet I guess you didn't even listen to it, like you always do. We've only got fifteen minutes till we meet the others for breakfast. So, you have to wake up and stand up, nowwwww." she said, emphasising on the now word. "Aaah, just leave me here and go. I'll join you in a century, perhaps." I growled and hugged my pillow even tighter than before. "Now you are exaggerating, it won't be that bad!" I heard her opening the fridge. "Is there any strawberry juice in there?" I asked her in despair and shook off the sheets. Bye bye lovely bed, I thought. "No, but we'll buy some while we'll be touring the city. Do you want anything else?" she raised an eyebrow and looked at me as I was searching for something to wear in my suitcase. "No m'am, I'm good." I laughed lightly and took a pair of jeans and a black blouse.

"I'll be sitting at the balcony. Notify me when you're good to go, and make it fast." Rian said as she opened the glassy door and walked to the balcony. I nodded, but I don't think that she noticed me. I got in the bathroom and I took a quick shower. Then, I stood in front of the sink in order to wash my face as well. I took a fleeting look of my face's reflection on the mirror, and I smiled. I could almost see my blue eyes smiling back at me. Why are you smiling? It's not even like today's gonna be a big day or something!, said a voice in my head. I don't know,  I replied mentally. Maybe because as days pass we are getting closer to what we want, which is the tournament, I continued. "Are you ready?" I heard Rian's voice coming from distance. "Almost!" I replied quickly. I got out of the bathroom and changed from my pyjamas to my clothes. After that, I tidied up my bed. I brushed my hair quickly, and I wore my jacket. "Ready to go!" I said as I opened the glassy door so that Rian could hear me. "Finally." she poked my arm. "Oh, I am sorry. I know you've been dying to see Garrett!" I poked her back and grinned lightly. "But how did you know?" she faked a surprised look and frowned. "I know everything... I got the sixth sense!" I smirked. "I am sorry but you failed, you little psychic! I've actually been dying to punch Garrett!" she laughed. "My mistake, I used the wrong verb." I looked down, like I was humiliated and Rian laughed. "Come on, let's go. We don't want to be late again." she said and I agreed.

This time, we used the elevator and reached the ground floor in half the time than last night. We found the room where breakfast was served, easily. The tables here were smaller, so we decided to sit on our own on a table, just like Garrett and Amanda had already done. The rest of the team's members were not here yet, but I didn't care. We were here, and that means that we wouldn't get yelled at. Victory!  

The breakfast consisted of almost everything we were used to eat back in England. Some bread, a couple of jars with marmalades, toasts with cheese and ham, a cup of milk and a glass of juice, one for each one of us. I ate the food fast, cause I was really hungry. "Someone's been really hungry..." Rian noticed as she looked at my plate and then at me. "Yeah. Anxiety makes me hungry, you know that!" I laughed lightly. "Why are you so anxious?" she asked while drinking a sip of her orange juice. "I don't know.." I really didn't know. "It's probably because today we'll actually walk in Seoul. What could possibly be better than this?" I smiled widely and blinked my eyes. Even the thought of it was making me extremely happy, but I couldn't know if that's what was making me anxious as well.

As I looked around, I noticed that everyone was finally down here, having breakfast. Mark, and Angela were sitting together, and Jason was left with Jinhyung. They were all still eating, except for Jared. The table he his sitting at, was close to the big windows at the hotel's front aspect. He was abstracted, while looking outside the windows. I wondered if I looked as lost as he did right now, when I was looking outside windows.

I liked Jared. He had always been a good friend to me, and I really appreciated that. But when we had learned about his sister, he kind of isolated himself from all of us. I don't why, but I guess he did it because he felt bad that we knew, and he didn't want us to feel sorry for him and his family. I had tried to approach him again, to stand by him at what he was going through his secret was known. But he had kindly told me that he was not ready yet. I had respected his desire, and I had told him that he can take as much time as he wants and that I am gonna be there for him whenever he changes his mind, and decides that he needs a friend by his side. But I guess this day hasn't come yet. 

A waiter came to our table and smiled at us. "Can I take these?" he asked and pointed at our empty plates and glasses. "Of course." Rian replied. He picked them, placing them on his tray, and then he left. "Let's get going." she told me. "Jinhyung stood up, so I guess it's time to go." I nodded and we both stood up from our chairs, and we headed to Jinhyung's table. 

When we reached Jinhyung's table, Jason turned and looked at us with a confusing look. I couldn't understand what he was trying to say but I looked away anyway. I've always thought that Jason was nothing more than just Garrett's follower. He didn't have a personality of his own, he was just what Garrett wanted him to be. There were times when I had cought myself wondering if he was happy with who he was or not. But I was always ending up that he was happy, cause otherwise he would have tried to stop being Garrett's right hand. 

''After we visit some famous sights, we'll have some spare time to waste on whatever we want to!'' Angela grinned as she came closer to me and Rian, while we were all exiting the hotel. ''That sounds nice!'' I smiled at her. ''Where are you planning to take us to Angie?'' I asked as we entered one of the white cars that had brought us here in the first place. Jinhyung didn't speak with any of the drivers about the places that we'd visit, so I guessed that the schedule that we were gonna follow today was already arranged.  ''I don't really know, I am not a specialist when it comes to this city. But I am sure we'll find some good places to visit!'' she winked at me, and I grinned lightly. Angela's good mood could be contagious at some points, and I think that I had just got infected. ''Do you mind if I listen to some music?'' I asked Rian and Angela. ''No, not all.'' Rian assured me and Angie smiled at me. I smiled at both of them, and I got my phone and my hands-free out of my jean's pocket. I plugged it in, and I started listening to one of my favorite songs. Snuff, by Slipknot.  

                                          So if you love me, let me go

                                         And run away before I know.

              My heart is  just too dark to care, I can't destroy what isn't there.

How beautiful was this song? Both its lyrics and its music, were touching me heart. Every time I was listening to it, I was falling in love with it, all over again. But, sometimes it was reminding me of some painful memories as well. About two years ago I thought I had fallen in love, and then I had had my heart broken. I was so naive back then, so young. Young not in the age's meter, but in life's. I was so easily misguided, I was trusting people too easily. I suppose that that's what made Justin look ideal to me. He was two years older than me, and he really looked like he was the best person I could have ever met. But he definitely wasn't that person. He wasn't even close. But my naive heart could not see it. He had broken my heart, and I think that that's when I had started being so different around people. I had decided that I would never fall for a guy again, not even if he looked perfect. I couldn't handle all those mental breakdowns, never again. Truth to be told, I was never in love with Justin. What I was feeling for him was just enthusiasm, but I couldn't see it back then. But my current, more mature mind could see it now. And believe it or not, I never had another relationship after that. I think I could have had another relationship if I wanted to, but I had chosen not to. Even if I was kind of too old to be so cautious around everyone, I had chosen not to fall again. I was too emotional for this. I'd rather be alone for ever that crying all day, I was telling myself.

Rian poked me and she nodded, and I realised that we were here. We had reached our first destination. It was the Gyeongbok Palace. The guide said that this former seat of power is probably Korea's most famous royal palace. It was built in the late 1300s, and has been destroyed and reconstructed numerous times. After the Palace, we went to the Bukchon Village. Flanked by two palaces, Gyeongbok Palace to the west and Changdeok Palace to the east, this village has the largest cluster of privately owned traditional Korean wooden homes or hanok in Seoul. Later on, we visited Itaewon. Itaewon is choc-a-block with bars, clubs, restaurants and shops selling everything from reproduction Korean furniture and tailored suits to jewelry and Korean pottery. All of the places we visited were amazing, and I was happy that we had a guide with us, cause he was informing us about everything we needed to know.

The tour to all of those places was amazing, and I was really happy that we were given the opportunity to visit them. I knew I had seen nothing yet, but Seoul was already fulfilling my expectations. 

When today's tour ended, we got back to the cars. Jinhyung said that we would all be given some spare hours to do whatever we wanted to in the city. I thought that it'd be nice to walk around a park and grab something to eat. 

In a few minutes, we reached a park and the cars stopped. We got out and I smiled as soon as the sunlight touched my face. I was never really fond of  the daylight, but oh well. Seoul's sunlight was something different, just like everything else around here. ''So, it's 13:30 am now. We'll meet back here in two hours. Okay everybody?'' Jinhyung asked and looked at all of us. We nodded, and then we started splitting up. We pretty much formed the classic teams, but this time Angela joined me and Rian, and Mark along with Jared were on their own.

''Where are we heading to?'' Angela asked Rian, almost giggling. Rian sighed lightly, and I couldn't help but laugh with her reaction. Probably a little louder than I should have. ''What is it?'' Angela asked me, confused as she was. ''Ah, nothing.'' I smiled at her. ''Where to, boss?'' I poked Rian's arm. ''I don't know, why would I know?'' she replied to both me and Angie. ''Just because you have some connection with this city.. We don't know anything.'' I said and looked around. While talking, we had walked through the park, and now we were about to exit it. ''True, but still.. I don't know.'' Rian looked at me. I was about to say that we could keep walking until we'd find something, when Angela talked first. ''What about this coffee shop? Do you see the little tabel on the top?'' she asked us and she pointed to a little black label with silver letters. Western cuisine and beverages was written on it. I admit that I felt relieved when I read the label, cause honestly, I was not ready to engage to the east food yet. ''Yay, let's sit here!'' I exclaimed as I accelerated my walking pace. 

We sat on a table close to the external aspect of the shop. The view from there was beautiful cause we could see the park that we had walked through, and a bunch of other shops that were located nearby. In a few minutes, a waiter walked to us so that we could order. His English was perfect and for a split second I thought we were back in England. Rian ordered a burger, Angie ordered a chocolate pie and I ordered a strawberry flavored milkshake. ''I still haven't figured out what's so interesting about this straberry flavor that you always love to drink, eat, blah blah...'' Angela asked me while she was looking for something in her bag. ''I don't know why, but I just love it.'' I replied, slightly smirking. She took her cell phone out of her bag, and then she looked at me. ''It's just too sweet, I don't like it.'' I laughed lightly and shrugged, and then she stood up. ''I am gonna call Mark cause I want to know where he and Jared are. Be right back, okay?'' I nodded, and so did Rian. 

She walked outside, as she started talking to Mark on the phone. ''You think we can win the tournament?'' Rian asked me. ''Why are you wondering about this now? We haven't eve started practising here.." I replied. ''I am always wondering about this. It'd be so amazing if we could win, we would feel the honour and we would get the biggest reward for all of this crazy practice we've had in London.'' she said, and I could detect  the passion in her voice. ''I know, but I think there will be so many great teams there.. I really don't know what's gonna happen.'' I exclaimed. I wanted us to win, of course I did. But my dreams were never coming true, so I had lost all of the optimism a person could have. And that's why I had never told myself that we could actually win. So that it'd hurt less if we failed. ''I can't wait for all this practice we are gonna have here. I think that practising with the native teachers will really improve us, especially if we.....''

-''GUYS!!'' Angela's voice echoed and I saw her running towards us. She seemed really excited. As soon as she entered the shop and reached the table we were sitting at, she stood there looking at us with the most excited and happy smile I had ever seen on her face. Wow, that was serious.

''Guys, you won't believe what just happened!'' she exclaimed as she was taking breaths quickly, looking at both Rian and me. ''What is it Angie?'' Rian asked, kind of worried. ''This is gonna be big, so get ready....'' Angela said. Rian and I exchanged a confussed look, and I nodded to Angie, so that she would finally tell us what had happened. ''Tifa and Noemi...'' oh, she used our middle names -it was more serious that I thought. ''...the three of us will have the great honour to watch... A 2PM fanmeeting!!'' she screamed at the last part, and I felt the urge to hit my head on the table in front of me. ''NO WAY, YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!'' Rian's voice was too loud, she had stood up from her chair and she was almost shaking from the enthusiasm. ''Oh, but I am! The fanmeeting's on Wednesday, here in Seoul! And I think I heard Jinhyung telling Jason that on Wednesday's evening, right after the practice we'll be having for the biggest part of the day, he's going to visit the stadium that the tournament is going to take place at, so that we know how the whole field looks like! So we'll all be free!'' she was mostly looking at Rian while she was speaking, but for some seconds she was looking at me too. Both of them looked so happy, but I couldn't really empathise. I couldn't, because I knew that they would drag me to the fanmeeting with them. No matter what I did, I was going to attend this concert.

''How did you find out about the fanmeeting?'' Rian asked Angie, her enthusiasm had not faded a bit. ''I heard two girls talking about it while I was talking with Mark on the phone. I told him to wait cause I had to do something, and then I asked them if what I had heard was right. They were American, and they told me that they had come here for this specific fanmeeting. They informed me about the date, and everything else needed. And then I ran back to you guys cause I had to tell you as quick as possible!'' her smile was so wide that it was freaking me out. ''We are so gonna go! I will even skip practice, I don't care! We must go!'' Rian said and loudly and looked at Angie. ''I thought you were looking forward to the practice you just said you might skip..?'' I asked Rian, kind of confused. Oh hello Mrs. Rosie, the partybreaker, I thought to myself. ''Of course I do, but this is 2PM we are talking about!'' she smiled widely, and then she grabbed my shoulder. ''You know you are gonna come with us, right?'' she asked me and I felt like pinching her hand on my shoulder. ''Nope, I am not going to come. Plus, you guys don't even have tickets. Tsk, such a great pity that you won't be able to attend the fanmeeting.'' I said indifferently, hoping that it'd might work. ''Ha - ha. Well, you can forget about that option, Rosalinda. You are so coming with us.'' Rian smirked evilly and I frowned both at her statement and my nickname. "Besides-", Angela stepped in, "Don't you know what Aaron does for a living?" she asked and she looked at me with an evil smile drawn all over her face. "Uhm, I don't even know who Aaron is?" I exclaimed. "First of all, Aaron is Mark's cousin, the one who lives here. And..." she made a deliberate pause. "...What he does is organising fanmeetings for various labels and bands." Oh crap, I muttered to myself. This really doesn't sound good. "And that's how he's gonna get us tickets." she grinned lightly. "Great, isn't it Rosie?" Rian smirked and she patted my shoulder. "Yeah! I am so relieved we are gonna get the chance to see them.  For a second, I thought that we couldn't get the chance to, and I panicked!" I said ironically.  

''I am sorry for the delay girls, there was a small problem in the kitchen so all of the orders were delayed a bit. I really am sorry.'' the waiter had just come to our table, stopping Angela who had just opened to say something. He was holding a tray with what we had ordered. ''It's okay, don't worry about it.'' Rian told him, and then he smiled at her. When my milkshake was placed on the table, I instantly grabbed it, and I drank almost the half of it at once. I really needed to feel the taste of the strawberry in my mouth at that point. I didn't want to go to 2PM's fanmeeting. There would be so many people there.... God, even the thought of it was making me shiver.

~~~~

This is another long and boring chapter, buuuuuuuuut. Get ready, cause the action is about to begin ;3 Haha.