Taking Off And Starting The Dream

Forget Me Not.

"Rosie Noemi Dankworth". My name was written both on my passport and my ticket with big, black letters. It was kind of scary... Me and Rian, leaving country. It's always been my dream to travel abroad, but I never really thought that it'd happen. I've always been a dreamer, but as far as I can remember, I used  to give up on my dreams and let them go. But this time, there was something different. This time, one of my biggest dreams was taking place. It was happening, right now.

I looked around me, and all I could see was people. Hundreds and hundreds of people were walking around the airport. Some of them were carrying their luggage, some of them were talking to each other. But most of them looked stressed, like they were running out of time and they had to be fast at everything. None of them looked as peaceful as me and Rian did. No, peace was not our exact  feeling. But, bliss was. 

We were both sitting at the waiting lounge of the airport, and we were doing nothing but looking at people. I liked it so much when I didn't have to talk to someone, but at the same time I knew exactly what they were feeling. That's how I felt with Rian. So I guess calling her my bestest friend, would do.

Bliss

Who could have known that all we had to do in order to make our dream come true was joining the local Tae Kwon Do team?

We've always shared an interest in Asian culture, and three years ago we decided that starting a Korean martial art would be a good way to go. And that's what we did. 

Our Tae Kwon Do classes started almost three years ago, when we both were 17 years old. Our strong will and our passion for this particular art helped us become two of the best athletes at the class. I really loved this art, and I wanted to be perfect. I wanted to find out everything about it. And what could possibly be better than traveling to the country that gave birth to this art?

Every year, the top 4 female and male athletes of the whole organisation travel to Korea for the international tournament, which takes place at the art's birthplace. It takes place every March, and athletes stay in Seoul for three weeks, so that they will also practice with some natives teachers before the final battles of the tournament. 

And this year, me, Rian, 2 other girls and 4 boys were chosen. I still could not believe this was actually happening. We were 2 of the 4 best female athletes. But that's not what was making my heart beat faster at every thought. We are going to Korea. And that's one of the best things that's ever happened to me.

''Do you really think that Mark will manage to find his cousin in Seoul?'' Rian asked me. 
''I have no clue. I just hope he does. Cause otherwise we'll be forced to spend every day with them. And we won't even know how to escape.'' I answered and looked at the rest of our team. They were divided in two teams. The one consisted of Jason, Garrett, and Amanda. The other one consisted of Mark, Jared and Angela. We weren't always divided. This started happening since about a year ago, when Mark and Garrett fought over Angela. It was not her fault, since she had been honest with Garrett since the beginning. She had a big crush on Mark and Garrett knew it. But he had chosen to ignore Angela's feelings and flirt with her anyway. In the meantime, Mark and Angela got together and as soon as Mark realised the game that Garrett was playing, things got pretty messed up. I think that they kind of didn't like each other from the beginning, but that incident brought everything to the surface.

And that's why we're divided now. Of course me and Rian had nothing to do with that fight. We were on Mark's side, but right now we were sitting alone because we felt like it. 

"The flight to Seoul is leaving soon, so passengers please get ready.'' The voice echoing from the speakers made me smile. This is it. We are leaving, we are going to Seoul! Rian stood up from the chair that she was siting on, and she looked at me. I nodded and I stood up too, following her. and carrying my luggage. We walked towards the rest of our team's members, who were walking to the plane as well.

''I am so gonna go to as many concerts as possible. I wanna see all of the idols I love! I wanna see them standing in front of me, looking at me!'' , Angela said in excitement . ''Of course we'll attend every concert Angie.'' Rian grinned. ''As long as we find the time needed.'' Angela pouted as they both looked back at our trainer, Jinhyung, who was walking behind all of us. He was just three years older than most of us, so at casual meetings we were calling him just with his first name. He was too strict, but that wasn't always a problem. His behaviour had helped all of us evolve. But at this specific situation, I was pretty sure he'd be an obstacle to Rian and Angela who were dying to see their beloved K-pop idols. I sighed, picturing me and the two of them wandering around in order to see them somewhere.  But, -if I was lucky enough- we'd only go to fan meetings and concerts. 

I couldn't really understand what was so addictive about Korean pop, and its singers. I had heard Rian and Angie chatting about those idols for hours, but I still couldn't get it. Of course I was charmed by the fact that Korean people were different from us, the people of the West. I admired their values and their lifestyle a lot, and I've always wanted to learn their ways in everything. But I was not into their music, probably because I couldn't combine pop with my music taste which happens to be something completely different from pop. My favorite music genre was rock music. But I also liked classic music, probably because of the love I had for ballet. So yeah, I didn't see how I could fall for K-pop.

They girls have been listening to K-pop for a couple of years now. It all started because of Rian, and her Korean origin. She was the one who pulled Angie into it. But now the two of them 'suffer' from what they call "K-pop addiction". A pretty serious addiction if you are asking me. Rian had tried to affect me too, a lot of times. But every time, she simply failed. 

But there was something different about Korean people. I've always been attracted to different things, so this whole admiration might have been because of this. But this music genre had failed to pull me in.

We walked till our flight's gate, and we were carried to the plane by a little bus. Every passing second made my heart beat faster. In any minute we would leave England, and we'd head to Korea.  Ah, this still seemed too good to be true. But I kept reminding myself that it was true, and that was making me smile. 

As soon as the bus reached it's destination, we got out and got on the plane. We all sat next to each other, surprisingly. Me and Rian looked at each other and smiled widely. "Bon voyage darling." I whispered, using all of my british accent combined with some french one. She laughed and looked at me, provoking me to laugh to. This laughter made my heart warmer, as the plane took off.

Our journey  had just began. Our dream had just began.

 

-------------------------- 

I just reread this and I am so wondering, how did I convince myself to make Rosie someone who doesn't love k-pop? ;_____________; Just, so cruel. But but but! I was forced to, because this is an important detail for my plot xD 

Otherwise why would she not like it? D;

Lololol, I am talking to myself here and I am being so paranoid. Hoho.