Chapter 3

And Then They Lived Happily Ever After

 

 

Chapter 3

 

 

"Senpai..."

 

Kyungsoo's mouth was hanging opened, and his wide eyes were staring longingly at the epitome of perfection without blinking. He looked so dumb.... and creepy.

Please close your mouth, you are embarrassing yourself, more importantly, me, hissed Lulu ruining Kyungsoo's fanboying moment.

 

Kyungsoo was taken aback as if someone had just splashed him with a bucket of cold water. He corrected his greeting hastily.

"Ah, no. I mean, yes. I mean, I'm your junior, senpai..., I mean, sunbae-" his next words came out inaudible, they were more like incoherent rambling.

On second thought, please opened your mouth back and don't say a word. His sassy cat snarled at him.

 

Lulu hopped down Kyungsoo's lap and sat by his own, on the seat next to the boy. Kyungsoo was a huge embarrassment for Lulu, and the cat certainly did not want to be linked to the said huge embarrassment.

 

The object of his affection, the very one Kim Jongin sunbae, chuckled. He walked calmly to have a sit next to Kyungsoo - he did not sit on Lulu, of course; the cat was at Kyungsoo’s other side.

 "I thought so. I have seen you a lot, especially around the basketball field."

His honey, succulent voice spread into the air, going all the way to get inside Kyungsoo's ear, carresing his eardrums oh so softly, as if it was humming Kyungsoo a romantic lullaby.

 

"Mm... Hello? Dongsaeng..?" The honey succulent voice hypnotized Kyungsoo, the boy didn't realize that the hypnotizing voice's owner was talking to him.

 

A tender reminder coming from Lulu did the damage control.

YA!!! IDIOT!! SNAP OUT OF IT!

"Ah, yes, Kim Jongin sunbae!" Kyungsoo gasped.

 

Jongin smiled. “You know my name already. It will be awkward if I refer you as a dongsaeng all the time, right? What's your name?" Jongin turned his position a bit toward Kyungsoo. He went on, still with a radiant smile on his face, "You can call me hyung."

Kyungsoo mentally slapped himself to stay conscious. He stuttered, "My name's Do Kyungsoo, h-hyung." Blood rushed to his face. Kyungsoo felt that he was going to faint in less than a minute. This was too much for him to handle; normally there were at least 50 meters length distance between them.

At this blessed moment they were only an inch apart. Kyungsoo could smell his intoxicating scent: mint, with a tint of citrus and perfection.

 

Awwww, now he's flushing like a school girl, Lulu commented.

 

"I will call you Kyungsoo then. Anyway, what were you doing at the basketball field?" Jongin sunbae flashed his impeccable smile.

Kyungsoo was in panic. He didn't know how to answer that. He couldn't say 'stalking you', no?

Kyungsoo forced his rarely-been-used brain to think.

Think smart...!

Think smart!

Think!

Ohmygod anything will do! His mind screamed at him. And yes, Kyungsoo ended up saying 'anything'.

 

"To gain vitamin D. Y-yes, vitamin D is good for you. So, yeah. Vitamin D. And jaundice. We need the sunlight not to get jaundice. So Vitamin D... and jaundice!“

How old are you? 5 months??? Kyungsoo mentally cried.

 

Good one, kiddo, Lulu chimed sarcastically.

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo in confusion. "Sounds so... err... healthy."

Before Kyungsoo could respond with another stupid thing (thank God!), Jongin's pet whined, demanding for his attention.

Jongin patted his pet's head. "Let me introduce you, this is Kris," he introduced his white Jindo to Kyungsoo.

 

Kris barked. Tch. Finally. You should flatter me first you know, it's an ethical thing. Kris sighed, seemingly a bit pissed.

"Sorry Kris, you're so dashing and handsome!" Kyungsoo praised apologetically. He leaned forward to pat the dog.

"And your fur is so soft and shiny," Kyungsoo carried on with his apologetic compliment, caressing Kris that was sighing at the touch.

That's better.

 

Another schmuck, I see, Lulu commented lazily.

Kyungsoo shot a please-don't-ruin-my-barely-exist-love-life glare to Lulu. He grasped the fatty cat and put him back to his lap.

"This is my beloved cat, Lulu," Kyungsoo said (too) sweetly, kissing the top of Lulu's head lovingly. Euhhhhh grossss, cried the cat, struggling to get out of the grasp. Kyungsoo held his cat tighter, folding Lulu in his arms, "Ah, ugh, cute, ugh, Lulu," cooed Kyungsoo, while hugging Lulu with much difficulty.

 

"Hi there, Princess. What a perfect name for a pretty lady," cooed Jongin. He leaned toward Lulu to rub the place behind his ears. Kyungsoo froze. The one he was head over heels with was being closer to him, and even closer as he leaned forward to coo his crotch, ahem, he meant pet. Kyungsoo dilated his nostril widely to exhale Jongin's intoxicating scent greedily. Once again the boy drowned in his not-so-innocent thought, grinning creepily.

Suddenly something flashed on Kyungsoo's mind.

Jongin hyung. Called Lulu a princess, even worse, a lady! Oh shuck. No. No no no no no. Have. To. Hold. Lulu. Tight! Kyungsoo hurriedly brought his hands to secure the dangerous creature on his lap, but to no avail, Lulu had already got out of his grip, jumping over him to go to Jongin hyung.

No. No no no no Lulu please don't! At least not the face!!! Kyungsoo screamed inside. He closed his eyes tight, not wanting to witness God's perfect creation being brutally attacked. But nothing happened. No one was screaming or groaning pitifully. No sound resembling pain, not even a gasp or a yelp. Kyungsoo not-so-bravely opened his eyes. And there he was. Lulu. Sitting happily on Jongin hyung's crotch, purring shamelessly. The darn cat stood up, crawling on the delicious abs toward the crook of neck and securing his place there. Lulu purred and like a cat in heat.

 

Yum-yum Lulu purred happily. You called me princess and pretty, what a fine young man. .

OH HELL NO, Kyungsoo mentally screamed. He grabbed unwilling Lulu fast and secured him tightly.

Lulu hissed. Let go of me! the cat struggled, wanting to go back to what he called 'a fine young man'.

 

Jongin was just sitting there, amusedly watching the master and his pet playing hug-of-war. An unwelcomed comment distracted Lulu's battling mode.

Lulu. What a sissy name, mocked Kris.

Lulu stopped struggling. He squinted his eyes, looking at the dog with a murderous glint. It's Russian, mind you! Misha, Sascha, Lulu, are common MALE names there, you local pest.

Kris released a stuttered bark. Like you were born there. You were bred here, right? he laughed.

Right bark at you! Or let me rephrased it in Russian, gav gav! Lulu hissed at the Korean Jindo.

 

Of course, Jongin couldn't understand a bit about their bickering. All he could hear were snarls, hisses, barks, and growls.

Luckily, Kris felt the need to maintain his dignity by not fighting creatures smaller than him physically. He calmly lay down on his belly while having his words. Lulu, on the other hand, was out of control. Kyungsoo had to hold the cat tight, for Lulu not to attack the Jindo dog with his untrimmed claws.

 

Fortunately the soon-to-be bloodshed, at least on Lulu's part, could be avoided. The catfight situation –pun intended- was saved by the salon staffs. Two salon staffs put an end to their bickering effectively by calling them to be groomed next. Beauty always comes first. Always.

Kris and Lulu obediently let themselves to be pampered, but not before Lulu hissing a command toward Kyungsoo.

Tell them not to give me the purple ribbon, it's a fashion crime! 

 

The cat's voice faded away as he was brought farther.

 

Kyungsoo asked for the purple one to the staff.

 

 

***

 

 

Their surroundings went back to silent -rather awkwardly- after the saloon staffs took the two bickering pets to have their beauty treatments. Kyungsoo shifted nervously in his seat, hands intertwined with each other repeatedly, as he fidgeted with them. He bit his upper lip, eyes stealing glances at the person next to him shyly. He mentally giggled every time he took a glance. Jongin hyung's firm body. Giggled. Jongin hyung's toned arms. Giggled. Jongin hyung's heavenly chest. Owaaaaaaaaaah. Giggled.

Jongin cleared his throat to break the awkwardness. "Ehm. Looks like Kris will be here for a quite long time. I haven't had my meal before I went here, do you want to have a grab as we-"

"YES." Kyungsoo responded immediately before Jongin even finished his sentence.

Jongin chuckled. "Okay then, let’s go. I parked my car outside, but I guess we could just have a walk to a restaurant nearby," he said

as he stood from his seat.

Kyungsoo couldn't believe his luck. A DATE WITH SENPAI! 

The boy was as stiff as board. His mouth was slightly opened, hands held both of his cheeks tightly.

"Kyungsoo, are you going?"

He called me 'Kyungsoo'! He he he Kyungsoo grinned.

 

"Yes, hyung!" Kyungsoo said after he regained his sanity.

 

 

***

 

 

They walked in a different pace; Jongin walked a little bit faster, a few steps ahead, and Kyungsoo followed after him behind. Jongin turned his head looking for the boy, asking him if he was walking too fast, but Kyungsoo brushed it off right away.

"It's okay hyung, I'm good," he smiled reassuringly. Yes. I'm good, he muttered inaudibly, his eyes fixed on the oh so tight, firm and nicely round twin globes, hugged perfectly by the skinny jeans. And his legs, those y legs. Kyungsoo could just walk forever with this view in front of him.

 

Every nice thing must come to an end, Kyungsoo thought sadly when they arrived at the small restaurant.

 

The restaurant was not really crowded, only a few customers having their orders there. They got their order quite fast; Jongin ordered a cheese burger and soda, whereas Kyungsoo ordered chocolate milkshake. He couldn't eat anything, not when he was busy adoring the person in front of him.

Kyungsoo loved everything about Jongin; from the way he chewed his cheese burger with one huge manly bite at a time (five munches then swallow), to the way he his fingers off of the grease, thank you, dear guardian angel in Heaven, Kyungsoo cried.

 

The way those lips pouted to the straw oh so sinfully not-so-literally killed him.

Kyungsoo, you need to be strong, don't faint! Don't blink! Do not breathe! He mentally encouraged himself. Kyungsoo couldn't remember their little chit chat a bit. He remembered Jongin hyung said something, and he answered with nods or shakes, but everything was blur; all on his mind was the image of the very one in front of him, who had been haunting his dreams these past six months.

 

 

 

 

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

 

 

A/N

 

 

Let me introduce you, this is Kris, and yes, Kris is Korean here kkk