Chapter 1

And Then They Lived Happily Ever After

 

 

Chapter 1

 

 

Early in the morning, a beautiful day it was. Birds were chirping happily to welcome the new day, basking in the warmth of sunshine. A boy was sleeping tight and soundly tucked nicely inside his blanket, ignoring the ray of sunlight that was peeking through the gap in his window. The warm light found its way to the boy's face, giving the boy a pleasant, cozy feeling, until- jab jab jab.

Kyungsoo scrunched up his face, a displeasing grunt erupted from his throat.

 

JAB JAB JAB the thing tapped all over his face even stronger, ruining his nice dream, causing the boy to whine in his distracted sleep. JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB "Okay! okay!!! I've woken up... See! see!!! I'm opening my eyes...! phuuhhh phuuhhhh!!" Kyungsoo apparently had swallowed some fur accidently. His Siberian cat, Lulu, was sitting on his chest, jabbing his face with no mercy.

 

Ah. You finally woke up. Tch... Lazy boy~ Euuuhhhhh! is that drool on your face..! Gross...! Lulu yapped as usual, not that Kyungsoo was listening to him. Yes, Lulu was a he, but don't ever mention that Lulu was supposed to be a female's name to the cat, if you don't want to encounter Lulu's wrath. In short, Kyungsoo's mom mistakenly gave Lulu the name after she took a short -too short- peek to check on his when she got Lulu from the pet shop (she happily missed the pet shop owner's explanation). Lulu was two months old at that time.

Kyungsoo, mind's floating in his dreamy state, wiped the drool off his cheek with the back of his hand. Eyes half opened, hair as wild as the jungle. He looked with zero interest at the white fur ball lying on his chest like he owned the place. Lulu was his paw when he suddenly remembered; Euuuuhhhhhh I have touched your droool! Indirect kiss..!! Grooossss groooosss! Lulu snarled in panic. The cat stood up immediately and ran, stepping uncaringly on Kyungsoo who grunted in pain. Lulu quickly hopped down the bed and left the room, frantically searching for something to clean his mouth with.

 

Kyungsoo yawned widely. He rubbed his stomach with half eyes closed, grumbling about his unfortunate morning as he went to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

Why should this happen to me every single day, I shouldn't have stayed up late watching dramas.

The boy covered his face with his hands and wailed in misery.

 

And yet, Kyungsoo never learned his lesson.

 

 

***

 

 

Kyungsoo had gotten the ability to talk with animals for as long as he could remember. Not all kind of animals though, only to animals which had enough intelligence to communicate; cats, dogs, dolphins -yes, Kyungsoo had talked with dolphins too- monkeys, well, you catch the drift. That left him with no problem whatsoever to eat any products coming from animal.

Only his family knew about the ability, and Kyungsoo would like to keep it that way. He definitely did not wish to be sent to mental hospital, thank you very much, or even worse; to the research labs. The  boy shivered at the thought.

 

After taking a bath Kyungsoo wore his school uniform. He fixed himself up a bit and then went downstairs to have breakfast. His mother had already waited for him in the kitchen as usual; she was preparing a plate for him as he walked to his seat.

Not far from where he was sitting, Lulu was enjoying his breakfast. Well, 'enjoying' was a strong word; the cat was complaining  all the way through breakfast. Lulu sniffed his food in distaste, hissing. Mom's being a cheap skate again, wasn't she? She got me the wrong food. Ughhhh I want my Royal Kitties! This tastes like feet.

 

"Mom, Lulu said that you got him the wrong food," Kyungsoo told his mom calmly while munching his bread.

"Ah- a-ahaha still tastes great right, Lulu? Your favorite one is kinda expensive, with the ressesion nowadays we... we have to be wise with money don't you think?" Kyungsoo's mother stole a nervous glance at Lulu.

Lulu narrowed his eyes and answered back immediately, which was conveyed by Kyungsoo right after.

 

"He didn't buy it mom. He mentioned about your new expensive shoes you bought on the same day you bought his food. He also said that he likes them very much, maybe he will play with them some other time," Kyungsoo translated his cat's answer nonchalantly.

"Ah...! No Lulu, don't...! I-I promise to take you to your favorite saloon today, how about that?" Kyungsoo's mother tried to persuade Lulu in panic. Lulu seemed quite happy with the deal. He purred and his paw before he continued to munch of what he called 'peasant's food'.

Ah, that's better. My beautiful white silky fur will be groomed, Jessica will be so jealous once she found out. My paws need to be cleaned, It's been ages since I got my manicure. I wonder what color of the ribbon they will give me today, I hope it's not purple, ugh... I will look so pale in that color.

The rambles would go for hours, hence Kyungsoo stopped listening to his cat and stuffed more food into his mouth instead.

 

In Kyungsoo's home Lulu was the boss, or the master to be exact. Kyungsoo, as the only one who could understand his words, was established as Lulu's private interpreter, much to his dismay. Kyungsoo remembered the day when he got the balls to ignore Lulu, as clear as yesterday. He found his newest SHINee album -Key cover- in a pitiful condition, with Lulu was chewing the gigantic poster he got along with the album.

"No...! No no no no no no! Not my precious poster, It's Key in his glory half state for God's sake...!" Kyungsoo  wailed as he witnessed his precious half Key poster being torn by the spawn of evil (there was nothing he could do to save Key at that time).

Actually, Lulu loved Key too. He meowed, quote; 'Key got my eyes, not as pretty though'. But, lesson had to be taught. It was for the greater good, he said. And Kyungsoo did get his lesson in the hard way that day.

 

After finishing his breakfast, Kyungsoo quickly bid his mother and Lulu goodbye. "Bye mom! See you, Lu!" He shouted as he ran outside.

Kid. When will he learn to be elegant and graceful like me? Lulu purred, his paw. Of course Kyungsoo's mother did not understand a word, all she heard was meowing.

 

 

***

 

 

As Kyungsoo walked his way to the bus stop, he met Boji, a stray cat who took control of his block. The boy looked around carefully. There was no one, to his relief.

"Hi Boji, how are you today?" 

Business is not doing well today. I got only a bit of grilled fish from the ahjumma across the street. Too much salt, I must say. And there was this big cat trying to snatch my position here, nothing that I couldn't control, but still..., Boji sighed. He sat in front of Kyungsoo, rubbing his head with his left paw.

"That's too bad," Kyungsoo sympathetically said. "Listen, do you want some fried fish? You love seafood, right?" Kyungsoo bent lower to pat the cat.

Boji purred and leaned closer to the touch.

You're a good kid. Okay, I will stop by to your home later, now off you go. I don't want you to miss your bus. Tell Lulu I say hi, Boji meowed while standing up, preparing to check on his territory.

"I will. See you Boji, don't forget to get your fried fish okay? I'll be waiting for you." Kyungsoo grinned at the street cat and adjusted his backpack.

Boji kept his silence. He hopped up to the nearest wall and calmly walked until he disappeared from Kyungsoo's sight.

 

 

 

 

.................................................................................................................................

 

 

 

A/N

 

 

This is Key in his half glory