Chapter 4

Before The Dawn

A few days passed ever since that day. Reinie had gotten used to Yongguk’s companion every night while she sang at the beach. They hadn’t spoke a single word about the kiss the other night afraid that it would spoil whatever they had now. It was the same tonight, Yongguk just sat by her side and enjoy her beautiful voice as Reinie sang.

Yongguk never failed to clap after each and every song she sang. Her voice was beautiful in his opinion and he knew he could never be able to find another one that would match up to Reinie’s voice. Call him biased, he knew he was but it was the truth, her voice really sounded the best in his ears just like how she shone brightly in the night in his eyes.

‘Its not fair’ Reinie said as she placed her guitar away.

‘What is?’ Yongguk’s brow furrowed in confusion at her sudden comment.

‘You’ve seen me play with my guitar for so many times yet I have never once seen you in your surfboard. Thats unfair’ Reinie pointed out.

*So thats what you are talking about* Yongguk chuckled in amusement. ‘Then you should have come and watch me when I surf under the sun every afternoon’ Yongguk concluded.

*Under the sun... thats the reason why I cant* Reinie mentally sighed while keeping a pokerface. She wouldnt want him to see her when she was under the sun. She couldn’t risk being under the skin as well, knowing how she would had bloodshot eyes and burnt skin. Reinie managed a smile ‘Cant you surf now while Im here?’ she asked casually but secretly hoping he would even though she knew it was impossible when the sea gets colder at night.

Yongguk didn’t spoke for awhile, seemly caught off by her request. ‘Its alright, Im just joki-’ Reinie was about to wave it away when Yongguk replied ‘Okay. Give me a minute’ with that said, Yongguk got up and ran off.

‘Mwoh?! Wait!’ Reinie stood up to stop him but Yongguk was already a distance away.

Yongguk rushed back to the holiday inn to grab his surfboard before coming back out to the beach again. He hadn’t thought much when Reinie requested him to do that. If thats what she wants, thats what she would get. Yongguk stopped in front of Reinie and pant for air.

Reinie reached out and patted his back even though she didn’t know why she did that. ‘Its already late at night, I was just kidding. You shouldn’t have rushed back to take it. Better?’

Yongguk nodded his head and straightened up. ‘You wanted to see it so I didn’t think that much’ He awkwardly laughed while rubbing the back of his neck.

‘Aigoo..’ Reinie shook her head.

‘Oh well since I already took it out, shall we take a look at my surfing skills?’ Yongguk shrugged as he walked towards the sea.

Reinie quickly followed behind ‘Are you serious?’ she was bewildered.

Yongguk shrugged again ‘Why not? I already have it out. Its time for you to witness and finally agree to my awesome skills’ he joked.

‘But its so cold now. You’ll catch a cold’ Reinie said worriedly as they approached the sea.

Yongguk stopped in his track and Reinie stopped a few steps away from him as well. Yongguk turned his head around to give her a heart-stopping smile ‘Dont worry, I’ll be fine’ he said with a wink before he turned his head back and continued walking.

‘Ready?’ Yongguk asked Reinie as he stopped by the line where it separates the sand and the sea. Reinie opened but Yongguk stopped her, knowing that she would persuade him not to surf. He took off his shirt, leaving his pants on and looked back at Reinie ‘Just clap when Im back’ he gave her a smile before he took a few steps back then rushed towards the sea with his surfboard.

Reinie stood and watched in awe as Yongguk moved and swayed along with the waves. She watched as he confidently jumped up and turned his surfboard in the midst of the waves. He was great in her eyes. As suave as she thought he would be, no better and one thing for sure, she knew he would have shone brighter under the sun.

A gasp escaped from her lip as she watched him fell into the sea upon the next wave. Reinie took a step forward in worry. ‘Yongguk!’ she shouted out in panic.

Yongguk swam up, clearing the seawater in his face before shouting back to her ‘Im fine!’ he gave her a smile and a thumbs up to prove it. He climbed up onto his board and swam back to the shore.

Cold air instantly hit his wet self, sending shivers down his spine but he hid it so as not to worry Reinie. Reinie picked up his shirt and walked towards him. She watched as Yongguk ruffled his hair to shake away the excess water. She had to admit, he looked hot with his well-built upper body.

‘How was it?’ Yongguk smirked when he managed to spot the blush on her face even when its dark at night.

Reinie cleared and replied without looking at him ‘I don’t know, I had never seen anyone surf before so I wouldn’t know whether its good or bad.’ She held out his shirt to him.

‘Mwoh?! You’re kidding me aren’t you?’ Yongguk raised his brow.

Reinie shook her head ‘No, Im not’

‘Still I looked amazing isn’t it?’ Yongguk asked.

Reinie shook her head again, not wanting to admit it ‘No, you’re not. Dont flatter yourself’ she bite her lip, not looking at his face.

‘Eyy~ just admit it, you do think Im amazing thats why you’re not even looking at me’ he poked her side.

‘Am not, you think too much’ Reinie dismissed it.

‘Eyy~ You’re even blushing now, just admit it’ he teased, poking her sides again.

Reinie slapped his hand away ‘Dont do that, it tickles!’ she giggled.

‘Then admit it!’ he poked again.

‘Stop it’ Reinie giggled and squirmed again because of the itchness.

Yongguk grinned as he continued to poke her ‘Then admit it!’

‘No!’ Reinie stubbornly refused.

‘Then be prepared’ with that said, Yongguk poked Reinie’s sides with his two hands while Reinie slapped his hand away and ran. She wasn’t going to stay still and allowed him to tickle her.

‘Come back here!’ he shouted as he ran after her. A huge smile was plastered on his face as he watched her ran away from him while letting out a few chuckles.