Chapter 6

Before The Dawn

‘Whats wrong? Why are you so frantic?’ Yongguk held her wrist to stop her from pacing.

Reinie stopped and looked at him *Should I tell him?* she fought between the thoughts of telling him the truth. She took a deep breath before she spoke ‘its xeroderma pigmentosum.’

‘What?’ Yongguk confusingly looked at her.

‘Xeroderma pigmentosum, I have xeroderma pigmentosum. Its a rare skin disease that couldn’t be exposed to sunlight’ Reinie explained with clenched fist. She felt like running away. She didn’t know how he would judge her.

For a moment there was awkward silence in the room until Yongguk turned away with his back facing her ‘Stay here for awhile.’

Reinie couldn’t see his face, she couldn’t depict how he took her illness. ‘I..I’ll go out for awhile..’ Yongguk spoke then headed towards the door.

*What is this pain in my chest?* Her heart felt heavy as she watched Yongguk reached for the door. It was as if he was getting away from her. ‘Stop’ Reinie blurted out. She watched as Yongguk stopped and stiffened in his position. Another wave of pain hit her chest but she ignored it. ‘I’ll go’ she picked up her things and walked past him, ready to head for the door.

‘Take care’ With that say, she opened up the door and left the house, leaving Yongguk behind.

Once Reinie stepped outside, she winced in pain where the sunlight landed on her. The sun wasnt really hot today. In fact it was warm, the nice weather to be out for fun yet that little warm managed to maximise the pain in Reinie’s body. It was only a little bit of sunray on her skin and she already felt like she had been burnt.

Reinie ignored the burning pain and tried to quicken her pace out of the place. She was preparing to run when a hand reached out to her and pulled her back under the shades. ‘What do you think you’re doing?!’ Yongguk’s deep husky voice could be heard as he pulled her back into the shade.

Reinie blinked her eyes in surprised despite the pained she felt. She hadn’t thought he would come after her.

Yongguk’s heart wrenched in pain when he looked at her. She had several sunburn even when she was just out in the sun for a few minutes. Bloodshot could be seen in her eyes and her eyes looked cloudy.

‘Why? Do I look scary now?’ Reinie half-smirked trying to hide her true feelings.

Yongguk didn’t bother to reply and instead pulled her with him as he walked back towards the elevator.

‘Let go! What are you doing?’ Reinie tried to pull her hand out of his but failed miserably.

‘I will, after the sun set.’ Yongguk spoke without looking her way. Reinie couldn’t detact anything from his voice and held her tongue. Yongguk walked into the elevator with Reinie following behind in silence. None of them said anything while the elevator travelled up. Reinie glanced down and stared where Yongguk had grasped onto her wrist. He hadn’t used much forced but it doesn’t mean she would be able to take her hand out. It didn’t take long before Reinie was standing in front of his room again. Yongguk opened the door and entered his room. ‘Sit down’ He briefly spoke before he disappeared from the small living room. His voice showed off nothing again as he disappeared.

Reinie remained standing. Strangely, it felt awkward being in his room now even when she was there awhile ago. ‘Sit’ Yongguk gently pushed her shoulders down to make her sit on the couch. Yongguk then took the seat beside her while taking out the medicine from the first aid kit. ‘Hand’ he said as he held out one of his palm. Reinie just blinked her eyes at him. Yongguk took her wrist and let her arm rest on his leg.  He took out cotton bud and placed some medicine on it before he applied it to the burns on Reinie’s hand.

Reinie pulled her hand away ‘You don’t have to do that’ but Yongguk pulled it back ‘but I want to’ he looked into her eyes.

That caught Reinie off guard. Uncomfortable silence seemed to have captured them again that day. Reinie cleared and looked away. ‘If you’re thinking of what I have done for you when you’re sick, its okay. You don’t treat my wounds.’ She pulled her hand away again but he caught it just seconds after. ‘Do you really think Im doing this because of what you have done for me when Im sick just now?’ Reinie stiffened, she could felt his eyes on her as he waited for her answer.

Reinie braved her courage and turn back to him with a laugh ‘What else?’

Yongguk leaned in while Reinie’s eyes widened, her heart raced seeing how close he was as he continued to lean his face closer to hers. *What is he trying to do?* Reinie panicked but pretended like it was nothing outside.

Yongguk stopped just a few centimetres away and whispered while looking into her eyes ‘Do you really not know my feelings even when we kissed?’

*Kissed?* Reinie instantly remembered the night when they kissed. Even when it was weeks ago, she could still clearly remembered that night. They had never mentioned it ever since that night, Reinie thought it was a mistake and he had forgotten about it. She was about to laugh it off and looked away from his intense stare when Yongguk cupped her face to force her to look at him ‘Do you really not know?’ he repeated again. His eyes clearly held hers as he whispered.

‘Then should I remind you again?’ with that say, Yongguk crashed his lip onto hers, not giving Reinie any single chance to think it through. Reinie’s heart beat wildly against her chest as he kissed her. She wanted to push him away but found no energy to. She was melting because of the kiss.

It wasnt long before Yongguk pulled away and placed his forehead against her as they pant for air. ‘I never see you as anything less than a woman I fell in love with’ he whispered against her lip as he looked into her eyes.