Chapter 3

Before The Dawn

'Can I kiss you?' Reinie looked into the eyes of Yongguk, she could felt his breathing against her lip. Before she could say anything, Yongguk had lightly pressed his lip against hers. Reinie's eyes widened at the sudden contact. Yongguk slightly leaned back and looked into her eyes.

The moment felt right for the both of them. Yongguk was about to lean in for another kiss again when Reinie's phone rang. Both of then instantly back away, the right moment between them broken. Yongguk leaned back with a flustered face 'sorry' he rubbed the back of his neck while Reinie shook her head 'its okay' she replied before she picked up the phone.

Reinie instantly stood up after she picked up the phone. 'What's wrong?' Yongguk asked. 

Without even turning her head to Yongguk's side, Reinie picked up her guitar and started running the way she had gone the day before.

'Hey!' Yongguk called out to Reinie as she ran away. He wanted to chase after her but decided against it. *She ran away again, I hadn't even asked for her name yet* Yongguk mentally scolded himself for forgetting to ask her name for the second time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reinie sat beside the window, the sun was shining brightly in the sky. She looked out towards the beach again and the thought of Yongguk came into mind. Reinie bite her lip, remembering the kiss they just had before she had to come back home. Reinie released the bite and lightly touched her lip, she blushed remembering Yongguk's light kiss. *I just had a kiss with a person I met two days ago and I didn't even get to ask for his name.* Reinie frowned at the thought yet she had no regret kissing him at all. She just felt confuse and curious about him. *Does he like me too? Why did he kiss me?* Reinie was frustrated for not being able to know his feelings because of the phonecall.

Yongguk was back at the beach again, mindless of the things happening around him.

The only thing he was thinking about was Reinie. She was all he could think of. *Why did she left so hurriedly without a word? What could have happen?* Yongguk had wanted to confront Reinie but where was he going to find her when he doesn't even know her name?

Yongguk hadn't even gone passed the second wave like how he usually did without a blink of his eyes and fell into the sea. His face was instantly met with the cold seawater. He swam back up and hit the water in frustration. Not because of his poor performance compared to his usual but because he couldn't stop thinking of last night. He couldn't stop thinking of what might have happen to Reinie. *What if she ran away because of me? What if I scare her away?* His logic told him it was impossible since Reinie was talking on the phone before she left yet he couldn't help but thought that he would never be able to see her again. Just the thought alone pained his heart. It hurts to think that he wouldn't be able to see her again even when they had just barely met each other and this scared him.

* What have love done to me?* Yongguk shook his head off the thought and swam back to the shore. He couldnt get distracted anymore, the competition is nearing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reinie pressed her ear against the door and listen to the sound in the house. Once she made sure there was no sound which only meant that everyone was asleep, Reinie slowly opened her door and sneaked out of her room with her guitar. Even when she was warned not to go out in the middle of the night, Reinie didn't care. She wanted to be out, she wanted to see him again. She made careful steps towards the door as she tried to make her way out of the house.

Cold air hit her face once she walked out of the house. It doesn't matter to her. She liked the night. Reinie made her way towards the beach, her guitar stripped against her back. *Would he be here tonight too?* Her heart swelled with anticipation just at the thought of seeing him again. Reinie walked to her usual seat under the tree expecting nobody but she was wrong. Yongguk was already there. Reinie was surprised. She hadn't expected him to arrive before she does. 'You're early today' Reinie blurted.

Yongguk heard her voice and looked up 'yeah' he replied sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand 'I was worried about you' he said honestly.

'I'm fine, how long have you been here?' She took the place beside him.

'Not long ago' he lied. The true was Yongguk was there two hours ago, he couldn't concentrate on anything unless he see her again. Seeing her in front of him now perfectly fine, his heart was finally at ease.

Reinie just nodded and silence engulfed them once again. It was an awkward silence before Yongguk gained his courage to speak ‘I know its a bit weird to ask now but I still don’t know your name yet’ he scratched the back of his neck while looking at Reinie from the side of his eyes.

Reinie was embarrassed; she had just remembered she still didn’t know his name as well. However, when she saw Yongguk’s face, she let out a laugh *how can a guy like him looked cute too?* Reinie was amused. Yongguk looked like someone who wouldn’t be able to show such expression with his manly aura and feature but she guessed she was wrong.

Yongguk raised his brow, confused ‘Whats so funny?’ he had expected her to clear his doubts but Reinie held out her hand instead ‘Im Reinie, whats your name?’

Yongguk blinked, he hadn’t expected that. ‘You weren’t planning to be friends with me? I thought you do when you asked for my name’ Reinie said as she looked at him then at her hand. ‘I guess not’ she was about to retrieve back her hand when Yongguk grabbed her hand ‘I want to’ he blurted instantly, afraid of giving Reinie the wrong idea as to why he wasn’t introducing himself yet.

‘I was just surprise’ Yongguk explained. ‘Yongguk, my name is Yongguk, Bang Yongguk’ he gave her his gummy smile that had her heart stopped for a moment.

‘Yongguk’ Reinie meant to whisper to herself but Yongguk caught it and nodded ‘yeah thats my name, he gave her his heart-stopping smile again.

*I think Im in love with him. What will happen now? I cant fall in love with him..*