Chapter 3

Rude Awakening

 

Nana

I stop crying and calm myself down. We start driving for a while and get onto the highway, when theres a big line we have to wait in. Great, just my luck. To be stuck with him in a car for who knows how long. Aish the awkwardness is too much.

"Gomawo Daehyun-shi" I say, looking over at him. He doesn't say anything to me so I sigh.

"Listen, if you want this to work we really have to act. My parents aren't gonna believe we're in a relationship if you use formalities."

"A-rasso, Daehyun Sunbae." He gives me a confused look.

"Yah, just call me oppa."

"Ani! Only Yongguk oppa can be called oppa. Yah, I don't trust you enough to call you oppa..."

"Aish. Then give me a pet name or something."

"A pet name? BAHAHAHAH"

"Aish you're so bothersome."

"Arasso arasso, what about hmmm...Hyunnie. Good enough for you?" I say as I try not to laugh.

"Have you never been in a relationship?"

"Are you kidding? I pulled all dem hos back in Los Angeles."

"All them hos? Don't tell me you're a lesbian." I blush crimson red.

"YAH. I'm not a lesbian, hos can refer to boys too."

"How many relationships have you been in?" He asks, looking over at me.

"Well I think around 5, 6."

He looks at me up and down. "Reasonable amount for your looks. Good body proportion, nice rack, the could be a bigger, and an okay face. But your personality seems annoying, no one can deal with that."

"Nigga do you want to keep that face of yours? I will straight up punch you."

"I'm just speaking the truth."

" And how many girls have you been with?"

"27 relationships, 18 hookups, and many love calls."

I stared at him with a disgustful face. This guy is probably a walking STD.

"I know what you're thinking, and no. I'm clean, I only have with girls I know are safe."

"And how many is that?" I asked out of curiosity.

"14. But hey, more than half of them were s."

"Aren't you 20?!" He nods in response.

"This guy is crazy..." I mutter under my breath.

"What, don't tell me you've never done it."

I gulp and look out the window.

"Bwoh?! 18, living in America, never done it?!"

"Y-YAH HAJIMA. Just inch forward." I try to change the subject, and the line was moving slowly. I could hear him chuckling.

"Keep laughing, but I'd rather save my ity for someone special."

"What like a soulmate? Hah, don't tell me you believe in that junk."

"You believe what you want, I'll believe what I want. but there is someone out there that's meant to be with me, I'll give my ity to him."

"And if it's a girl?"

I punch him in the arm. Aish this guy. The line started moving a bit more, so he focused on driving. I study his features. Sharp, deep eyes that make you melt, big kissable lips, face shape is good too. Of course he could get any girl he wants, he's good looking no doubt.

"See something you like?"

I blink. Then giggle. "Aniyo, just seeing how girls would love that."

"Yah, you're lucky I spared your life. I could have made you fall in love with me, you seem like the clingy type though."

"Ani, you aren't my type. I don't like players, I'm more of a long termed relationship kind of gal."

"Oh really? What's your longest relationship."

"Hmm about 14 1/2 months. that's pretty long for me. What about you?"

"3 years."

I gap at him. Damn that's a long time.

"Was she your first love?" He nodded. He has the faraway pained look on his face. Like when you miss someone dearly.

"Was she pretty? Do you still talk to her?"

"Aish what's with all the questions?" He snaps at me.

"I was just curious. 3 years just screams special."

"Yeah well it was okay, nothing big. So stop with the questions."

Woah, hit the wrong button. He looks angry, aish me and my nosiness. I should leave him alone. I go into my purse and grab my earbuds and detangle them. I plug them into my iPhone 5 and turn on the song Hold On- LC9. I lean my head against the window and slowly fall asleep for the ride.

Daehyun

The line continues to move slowly, a few feet every few minutes. Its gonna get dark soon. Aish I kinda feel bad about snapping at her...but she should know when to stop. Especially when it comes to her, Kang Sojin. A dark feeling surrounds me as I feel myself get sad and my anger rises.

"AISH." I hit the steering wheel several times. I lean back in my chair and close my eyes.

"Do...do you want me to drive?" Comes a little voice. I look over at Nana, she seems frightened.

"Do you even know how to drive?"

"Well, I just got my license. So I think I can drive very well."

I stared at her long and hard. Better not let her drive, I value my life too much for that. I the radio and the song No More Dream by BTS comes on.

"OH MY GOD. Sunbae, do you know who this is?!"

"Ani."

"They're BTS. One of the best rookies out there, omo I hope they win Rookie of the Year. They are amazing." she said with enthusiasm.

"You're such a kid."

"What type of music do you listen to?"

"I like Drake, Sage the Gemini, Dr.Dre, rappers like that."

"Aigoo, you're really basic. I prefer Korean over American music. Something about it is just..better quality." I chuckled at her words. A teenage K-Pop fan, I've heard those are dangerous.

"You're giving me a headache." I say.

"Fine. I'll go back to sleep." she leans the seat back all the way and closes her eyes.

I smile and chuckle a little. There's something different about this girl, I just can't tell what. She sure has the charisma of her brother though, aigoo I shouldn't be mean to her. Remember Daehyun, friend's sister. Don't touch and don't be rude. I continue to drive until we get home.

Nana

NO. OPPA NO. I scream and scream as I'm being carried away by the flight attendant. He could only stand there and watch me. I try to reach out for him and start to cry. NO OPPA NO

"Nana? Nana! Wake up! Yah are you okay?" I open my eyes and sit up. Daehyun is looking at me with a worried expression.

"I'm fine..just just a bad dream that's all." I say in between breathes. His expression turned back to monotone.

"Well you almost gave me a heartattack. Screaming 'oppa no 'every few seconds. What, were you dreaming you were at one of your idol's concerts or something?"

I breath a bunch of air out. Oh god I'm sweating, ew. I also got this raging headache. I look outside of the car and see we're parked in a driveway. I grab my purse and get out the car. He gets out of the driver's seat and opens the trunk to get my suitcase. Wow, a mansion. He must be rich too. What's this?

"Yah, I think you left your lights on all day." I say, pointing inside.

"Ahh really? They just had to come today. Great timing."

"Nugu?"

"My parents. Just act normal, and walk behind me."

We walk through the door and I hear the news from a tv playing. Woah this place is really fancy. Marble and fancy structures and fancy artwork.

"Woah" I look around in amazement.

"If you think this is amazing, you should see my beach house."

I roll my eyes, such a bragger.

"Daehyun, are you home?" A tiny lady comes out of I think the door to the kitchen.

"Omma, how have you been? You look well." Daehyun goes and hugs his mom. His mom looks me up and down.

"And who is this pretty lady?"

"Ahh this is-"

"Annyeonghaseyo, Oh Hana-imnida" I bow, and mentally applaud myself for coming up with a name right on the spot.

"Ahh a friend or..." Asks his mom with a smile.

"Girlfriend" Daehyun says, putting his hand on my waist. I could feel myself go red.

"Jinja? Omo, YEOBO. Dae has found a girlfriend!"

"Jinja?!"

"Yah, omma. Appa. Hajima" Daehyun says, embarrassed.

"Come on Hana, I have food ready." His mom grabs my hand and drags me through the kitchen, and into another room that I expect to be the dining room. She sits me down in a chair on a big rectangular dining table with 14 seats all around. I sit two seats away from the head of the table, where a middle age man was sitting at.

"Annyeonghaseyo." I say and bow my head down a bit.

"Annyeonghaseyo, and what's your name?" He says with a sweet smile.

"Hana. Oh Hana." Says Daehyun's mom, putting an arm on my shoulder. "Aigoo, You're so pretty!"

"Omma, stop. You're making her feel uncomfortable."

"Gwenchana. Kamsamnida Mrs. Jung" I smile at his mom. His mom sits next to me and Daehyun sits across from his mom. Maids come out with plates of Korean food, something that I haven't had in quite a while. His mom picks food and puts it on my plate. Just staring at the food makes my mouth water, and making me realized I haven't eaten since I landed.

"Kamsamnida for the food." I say as I began to dig in. It's silent for a couple of minutes as we eat.

"Tell me about your background." His mom says to me.

"Uhh well umm, I've lived in the States all my life. But I was born here in Korea, Busan actually. I'm 18 years old, I speak three languages. I just graduated high school too. I'm majoring to become a psychiatrist. I've been getting A's and B's my entire life. I'm an only child. My parents live in the States, but I came back here a while ago to catch up on things."

"Omo, you're like the perfect daughter." His mother gives me a loving look.

"Yah, omma. Stop." Daehyun says.

"So Daehyun, how long have you guys been dating?" His mother asks with gleaming eyes.

"About 7 months."

"How'd you meet?"

"We, well we umm. See she umm. Okay. I was in the supermarket. I went to the frozen desserts aisle, go to the original cheesecake and grab a box when all of a sudden a hand goes up to reach it. I guess it was love at first sight."

"Daehyun I wanted to know how you met Hana, not your cheesecake desires." His mom says while laughing.

"It's true. She was pretty, so I gave her my number and then it was like that."

"Omo, is this another serious relationship?" Asks his father.

"Appa, hajima."

"Wae. You haven't had a serious relationship since Sojin-"

"Appa. Hajima." Daehyun says loudly with dark eyes. Damn he's one scary man.

"Arasso, arasso. Mianhae."

It turns silent and I start nibbling on the kimchi. Sojin? Who's Sojin? I look at Daehyun, and he's clenching his fist and staring at his bowl of rice.

"Gwenchana?" I whisper to him. He looks at me and scoffs. Aish this kid. It's really tense at the table, and I feel an uncertainty in my stomach.

"Omma, appa. Hana is moving in today, it's that serious so don't worry about me anymore. I'm fine. Isn't that right jagiya?" He gives me a smirk, and I shake my head, blinking. I have a habit of blinking rapidly when I'm confused.

"Well, that's good then son. If you're happy, I'm happy." his dad says and looks at him.

"Nado. Hana, you must make our little boy happy. Arasso?" His mom squeezes my cheek and smiles at me.

"Arasso Mrs. Jung." I chuckle.

"Please, call me eomeonim."

Daehyun spits out his food and starts coughing. All I can do is sit there silently, my eyes wide open.

"OMMA." Daehyun says with a bewildered look in his eyes. Daehyun's father can't stop laughing, and the maids are trying to stifle their laughter.

"Bwoh, what's so funny? If she's gonna be my daughter-in-law, might as well let her call me mother-in-law." Daehyun holds the bridge of his nose and I start laughing a bit.

"Omma. Don't you think marriage is thinking a little too ahead of yourself?"

"Ani, you can never think a little too ahead. If she's moving in at 7 months of dating, who knows what will happen next."

Omo, I can't believe this. Well, might as well add fuel to the fire.

"Yeah, isn't that right Hyunnie?" I say teasingly. He shoots me a what-are-you-doing look.

"Hyunnie? Awe, you hate when I call you that son. But I guess it's different when you have such a pretty girl calling you like that." I start to laugh and Daehyun gives me the wait-till-I-kill-you look.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we continue to eat, i tell them all about myself. After dinner, Daehyun's parents leave to go back home which is about 10 minutes away.

"Annyeong, take care!" I bow at his parents.

"Bye darling. It was wonderful meeting you. See you later!" His parents wave goodbye to me and hug Dae. When he closes the door behind them, he breathes a huge sigh of relief.

"Your parents are really nice."

"Yeah, only cause they want to impress you."

"Well I'm flattered." He scoffs at me.

"Here, lemme show you your room." He points at my suitcase near the door.

"Ttarawa." He walks away. I grab the handle of my suitcase and run to try and catch up, man he takes long strides. We walk over to this staircase, Aish stairs. My main enemy.

"Your room is on the second floor, no one lives on this floor so you can make whatever noise you want." He says while walking up the stairs. I try to carry my suitcase up, but alas. I'm weak. I struggle by each step, and damn there are a lot of steps.

"Sunbae, help." He was already at the top of the staircase. I sit down on the middle of the staircase to try and catch my breath. What the hell did I bring that was so heavy. He looks at me with an annoyed face. He walks down, grabs my suitcase, and brings it up as I follow him. The floors are marble up here too, fancy. You can barely hear the pit pat of my moccasins on the ground.

"Here." He stops in front of a double doored room. He opens both and pushes them and turns on the light. Wah, it looks like a master bedroom. a huge king size bed, a tv, a sitting area. A nice viewing window too. Its like paradise.

"This is amazing. Is this a masters bedroom?" I ask, looking around the room.

"Well, of the second floor. Yes. My room is on the first floor, but it's bigger." Bwoh, there's bigger than this? dang.

♪I want you to take over control, take over control♪

"Yoebosayeo? Ah Joosung-ah, ne. Of course I'll be there tonight. Aha arrasso, see you there baby." He smirks and hangs up the phone. "I'm going out tonight, so stay in and make yourself comfortable." He strides out of my room. Hah, didnt he just breakup with his girlfriend? Tsk tsk tsk.

"Aigoo, I need a cold bath." I go into my suitcase and grab clothes. I open one door on the left side of my wall, nope closet. But boy that's a lot of room. and I mean A LOT. I open the door next to it and enter into the bathroom. Yongguk Oppa's bathroom is better, but this is still amazing. the shower is huge.

"Wow, he even has all the bathroom necessities here. Stocked up. Mmm the hair products smell good. Arasso, time to shower." I grab my phone and put on my shower playlist as I shower. I sing to the words of Heaven by Ailee as it plays. About five songs play, that's my usual timing for a shower, I step out and dry myself and change into a red old school t-shirt that I cut into a crop thats about my belly button length with black sofees. My usual attire to bed.

ACHOO. ACHOO.

Woah. Those sneezes hurt my chest and my head. I was feeling a bit dizzy ever since I woke up in the car, but now I feel sick. it's probably just effects of jetlag, I should sleep it off. I walk out of the bathroom to my room to get my face products.

"Nice singing."

"AHH. Yah, how long have you been in here? You gave me a heart attack." Daehyun is sitting in the sitting area, on his phone.

"I just came here before I left to tell you the house rules." Rules? I think, blinking my eyes and a confused face on. I walk over to my suitcase thats by the bed and sit on the floor, pulling out makeup stuff and face products to put in the bathroom. Daehyun walks over and sits on the bed.

"Rule number one, you can't leave the house without my consent. Rule number two, when I have guests over, stay in this room and don't leave. Rule number three, if you see a sock on my door knob that means I'm EXTREMELY busy with guests so don't disturb." Extremely busy? Oh god I think he means the naughty naughty.

"Rule number four, just try not to bother me okay? It's a pain just letting you live here, it will be annoying if you bother me all the time." I squint my eyes at him. I just wanna hit him, .

"That's pretty much it. Arachi?" I nodded my head. I'm too tired to put up a fight.

ACHOO. ACHOO.

Oh god, I feel like I'm about to pass out. Daehyun gets up and walks out, what. Aren't you gonna say bless you? Rude. I go through my stuff to put in the bathroom. Ahh my hello kitty slippers, need these. I put them on my feet and I grab all my necessities and put it into the bathroom. Makeup on one side, face products and toothbrush with toothpaste on the other.

ACHOO. ACHOO.

Oh god these sneezes are gonna be the death of me. I do my nightly routine of washing my face, putting toner on, then lotion, and taking out my contacts. I brush my hair and put on my glasses. I start feeling really light headed, so I walk out of the bathroom and crawl on the bed and slip off the slippers, falling asleep as soon as my cheek hit the pillow.

No One's POV

It's 2 in the morning when Daehyun arrives back to the house, with one of his new tricks. They head straight to his bedroom, for Daehyun it's one of his regular nights. Get drunk, get a girl, fun night. But while getting drunk, he's seem to have forgotten. Put sock on doorknob. Great.

Nana

I'm awakened by the door from downstairs closing. Aigoo, where am I? Oh, Daehyun's house, right. Aigoo, I suddenly have a migraine. Oh god my nose, it's all stuffy. My throat is sore. I think I'm sick. I sit up quickly, ouch the migraine ow ow ow.

I get up slowly and put on my slippers. I shuffle out of my room and down the stairs slowly while holding the wall so I don't fall. My brain is foggy, so I can't really see well. I arrive in front of his door, there's no sock on the door knob. I think i hear the tv on. Arasso I'm just gonna ask him where he keeps the medicine, and then go. I hope he doesn't yell at me....okay. I put my hand on the door knob and open it.

"Sunbae where do you keep your medicine?" I look into the room and I see the back of Daehyun and then I hear . I gasp. He turns around.

"Y-YAH. GET OUT." He screams at me. I quickly close the door and mentally slap myself. Eottoke eottoke eottoke. Aigoo Aigoo Aigoo.

I quickly run up the stairs to my room, trying not to fall over. I get in the room and close the door, but then everything goes black.


cover your eyes children.  kekeke. please subscribe to this story and comment your feelings about it below~