o4

Baozi No More [MULTI-CHAPTER]

Junmyeon scrambled to his feet, ignoring the pain in his side, as he grinned. "Hi, hyung!" he greeted, cheerfully, jogging over to the radio and pressing the stop button. The music immediately disappeared, leaving the heavy silence more exposed. Fortunately, Junmyeon took it all in stride, and it was obvious he was used to lying as he walked back to both Minseok and Yifan with his plastic, angelic smile on his lips. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh... Yunho-sunbaenim told me that when he was walking by, he saw you guys fighting, but... It looks like you're all right?" Yifan tilted his head to the side, as he scanned the younger leader and Minseok's bodies with his eyes.

Minseok kept silence, feeling a little guilty for lying to his innocent dongsaeng, but forced himself to nod as Junmyeon launched into an explanation about what they were doing, which happened to just be practicing, but at some point they had just begun play-fighting, leading to the position they were in when Yifan found them. He tuned the conversation out, the last thing he heard being along the lines of "we're men, hyung. Of course we'll want to show off our strengths" and turned towards the mirror, looking over himself. Thanks to Junmyeon's help, he had certainly lost a lot of weight. His arms were rather thin, but a bit muscular, and his pants hung off of his hips loosely, meaning that he was skinnier. In a way, he was exceptionally happy, but as his eyes glanced at his face, his brows furrowed. No matter what he did, his cheeks were still chubby, though now his chin was sharper and his eyes larger. But his cheeks. Why couldn't the baby fat disappear already? They were just making him look ugly and fat. He was the oldest member of EXO, yet he looked like one of the youngest. How he wished he could be manly like Kris...

Minseok was about to continue beating himself up mentally, when he felt something cool touch his arms. Snapping out of his reverie, he tore his gaze from the Minseok in the mirror, to the Junmyeon there instead, noting how he was holding out a water bottle for him. He stared at it for a moment, before grabbing it, mumbling a soft "thank you", before proceeding to unscrew the top and downing half of the bottle.

"Are we done for today?" Junmyeon asked, his voice low, considering the fact that Yifan was still in the room, though the leader was playing what looked like Fruit Ninja on his phone.

Minseok sighed, but nodded. "Yeah. Get some rest, okay?"

Junmyeon grinned, his eyes disappearing momentarily. "Of course, hyung. You too." He glanced over the older boy, before giving him a thumbs-up. "You're looking thinner and more muscular. I think soon enough, you can quit your diet."

The words made Minseok smile, though it was slightly bitter. Junmyeon was an opstimist. Nothing made him frown or be sad, except when the other members were sad or angry at each other. At those times, the eldest knows that the "mama" of EXO does his best to mend whatever the problem was. And that was what he was doing now. Minseok grabs a towel he discarded earlier from the ground, swinging it around his neck and letting it soak up some of the prespiration gathered in the area, mulling over Junmyeon. That leader... He's too happy. Too... Perfect.

Blinking, he followed after Junmyeon and Yifan who were happily chatting in front of him-- well, Junmyeon was talking, whilst Yifan nodded and commented whenever it was needed every now and then. He watched carefully as Junmyeon, hesitanly, but rather innocently, grabbed the taller male's hand, intertwining their fingers and gripping tightly as if he were afraid the other would let go. Minseok highly doubted Yifan would, considering the fact that just a couple months before, Yifan had confessed to his gege (which happens to be Minseok, even though he looks younger) that he had had a crush on Junmyeon for a while. The baozi was right, of course. Yifan just seemed to hold on tighter, glancing down at Junmyeon with an unreadable look in his gaze as Junmyeon kept right on talking.

But... Everyone has their flaws.


Luhan crossed his arms as he sat in the lovechair, staring blankly at the TV which was playing an action movie softly. He had been waiting for Junmyeon and Minseok to come back home. He knew that Yifan had gone out to get them after they received a frantic call from Yunho, when he and the Chinese leader had been peacefully watching a movie together, about how he saw the two members fighting. According to their sunbae, Minseok had seemed ready to kill Junmyeon at any point, which had made Yifan jump right into action. Luhan rolled his eyes. Yifan was probably fawning over Junmyeon-- the slightly younger boy thought that he concealed his affection for Junmyeon well, but in truth, everyone in EXO knew that the two harbored feelings for each other, except for them. It was quite pitiful to watch, actually.

But Luhan doesn't care.

Their problems are not his.

What is his problem is that fact that there's been a change in attitude in Minseok.

Now, unlike the KrisHo couple, who are about as stupid as the Three Stooges, Luhan is good at hiding his feelings. Sometimes though, he finds himself breaking, and that's when Sehun comes in-- there's a reason why the two are always together. The fact that Minseok is acting so different is also a reason why he needs Sehun more, but unfortunate events had happened between the two almost look-a-likes, and now Luhan did not have a support buddy anymore. Well, for the time being. And so Luhan sat. And waited. Whilst he thought.

He thought of all the times Minseok had smiled at him, his chubby cheeks making the Bambi-like adult want to squish them. He though of how Minseok's smile could have been the Sun, it shone so bright. He wondered why it was Baekhyun who got the light power, when he was pretty sure Minseok could have pulled it off better (not that the ice wasn't cool, because it definitely was). He thought of how he and Minseok had gone out to eat, using Junmyeon's credit card and had eaten an amount of food, that not even all twelve of them could have finished. He thought of many other moments, but soon they were all squished up into one memory film in which he couldn't stop, but he didn't want to. It was a lot more interesting than the stupid action movie Yifan had chosen.

As he leaned back in his seat, he smiled a bit. He knew that he had feelings for Minseok. Not just feelings as in "oh, he's kind of cute", but feelings as in "I'm asking Yifan to take us to Canada, so we can get married" type of feelings. The thought of that made him smile, as the butterflies began to flutter around in his stomach, until he remembered.

Minseok is with Junmyeon.

That's right. He had forgotten. Recently, the two had gotten fairly close, though to Luhan, it didn't actually seem as if they was really anything going on. It still made him feel insecure whenever he saw the two together. What if they were to fall in love with each other? Not only would Luhan's heart would be broken, but also Yifan's. EXO didn't need two heart-broken fools. Zero heart-broken fools sounded better than anything.

Luhan sighed, looking at the clock on his phone. 03:23. It would be best if he went to sleep. The three would be home soon, and he trusts Yifan to tell the boys to go to bed. Though he was thinking this, Luhan made no move to stand up, instead sitting in the darkness of the living room with only the television to illuminate the room, casting rather frightening, long shadows on the wall, though Luhan didn't even notice them, too busy staring at his phone to care.

03:24...

03:25...

03:41...

03:59...

"Those jerks," he muttered, standing up as the movie credits rolled. He turned off the TV and DVD player and was about to stomp into Sehun's room (to make up with him and then bother him), when the sound of the door clicking open made him freeze.

Of course, his first thought was the Yifan and the boys were home, but then again, last time he had thought it was Yifan, it turned out it was some burglar. He felt his cheeks flaming up slightly as he remembered how he had been in the kitchen and shouting to "Yifan" how Junmyeon should buy them a new computer with the money he had hidden inside the couch pillows. Thank goodness he had walked out before the burglar got away, or else Junmyeon would have had Luhan's head-- or maybe not... He was too nice.

But anyways, the automatic light by the shoe area , so Luhan could be reassured that there were no ghosts (maybe). Then hearing the whispering coming from the door, he couldn't help the fond smile that crept on his lips as he heard Junmyeon going on about how pretty the flowers they had received from a couple fans were. The boy was so innocent, it really made him want to take care of him as his own son with Minseok. But of course, he had to remember that Junmyeon and Minseok were hiding something and immediately, a frown replaced his smile. What if they were together?

The childlike boy bit his lip, before crossing the living room to go to the front door, crossing his arms. "You're finally home."

Yifan looked up from untying his shoes, blinking slowly. "Oh, you're still awake?"

Luhan rolled his eyes at the naïve leader. "Oh, no. I'm sleepwalking and talking."

Yifan chuckled and shook his head, before looking at Junmyeon and Minseok who were tip-toeing over the many pairs of shoes scattered around, paying no mind to the fact Luhan was there. "Boys, go to sleep now. We have a schedule tomorrow."

"Yes, sir," the two boys chorused, skirting around Luhan and scurrying to their rooms.

Luhan watched them leave, before turning to Yifan and asking in a low voice, "what were they doing?"

"Fighting," the taller male answered, his voice just as soft.

"Why?"

Yifan shrugged, straightening and placing his sheos beside Jongdae's. "Junmyeon said something about showing off strength or whatever. I guess they were just playfighting. You know how boys are."

Luhan narrowed his eyes, suspiciously, casting a glance towards the hallway that lead to the rooms. "Hmm... I see," he murmured, then turned to Yifan again. "Go to sleep. I want to talk with Junmyeon and Minseokkie. I think something's going on."

The tall blond nodded, seeming to agree. "I thought so too... All right, well, good luck, ge." With that blessing, Yifan was down the hall as well, slipping quietly into his shared room with Yixing. Luhan heard the pale Chinese boy greeting the leader, and he smiles slightly, before making his way to Junmyeon's room which he shared with Jongin and Jongdae. Opening the door a crack, he stuck his head inside, his eyes widening as they adjusted to the darkness. 

"Junmyeon," he whisper-yelled, knowing full-well that the young leader was awake.

"Hyung?" Junmyeon's head popped up from the mattress on the ground, his hair slightly out of place. "What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you. Come out, now."

"It can't wait until tomorrow?"

"Nope, now come out." Luhan heard a sigh, before the short male stumbled out of the room, looking slightly peeved, though the look was quickly disquised with an angelic smile which could make anyone melt. "Go to the living room," Luhan demanded, pushing Junmyeon gently, raising an eyebrow when he heard the hiss from the younger, but not saying anything about it, before making his way to Minseok's shared room. Opening the door, he peeked his head in, glancing around. He could see Chanyeol and Baekhyun sleeping on the same bed-- which really wasn't new, and Zitao curled up on his own matress on the ground, his knees to his chest. Luhan took a moment to admire the cuteness, before glancing at Minseok's bed, expecting to see the baozi sleeping or at least laying there, but... There was no one.

Confused, Luhan stepped back, closing the door. He was pretty sure that he had heard Minseok going into their room, since the sound of two doors closing had been heard whilst he was talking with Yifan. Suddenly, a noise from the bathroom made him blink in surprise. It was the sound of someone...

Throwing up.


holy whut is this-- your author finally updated otl... it had been over a month and im pretty sure that that's me throwing up in the bathroom-- im throwing up words (which turned out to be this piece of crap D:) i hope that somehow you liked this chapter \o/ i hope to be able to update and finish this fic soon otl

NEWS:

MY COMPUTER BROKE GDI im in puerto rico rn on vacation, and i'm updating from my grandma's computer, hence the fact i'm actually updating. i hope to fix my computer soon, so you'll get better updates, rather than the ones from my phone, which i'll probably have to begin to do when i get back home......

please comment and tell me what you thought of this chapter! thanks for reading \o/

-- mireu

sigh... im going to sleep otl