Meeting With The Key

Room 405, It's Your Turn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong was standing uncertainly right in front of the door, along with Yunho and Yoochun on his right side. His eyes were never leaving the door, as he read the numbers plastered there over and over again. Since it could be their last chance to save Changmin, Jaejoong didn’t want to make any mistakes. He had to make sure that the numbers were right and they could meet him.

FIVE. O. FIVE.

Jaejoong was sighing in relief, as he thought that everything would be ended soon. He maybe didn’t really know what he should do from this point, but Jaejoong was sure that he could save Changmin with his friends; his brothers. They could do it, as long as they were together.

Yunho looked at Jaejoong and Yoochun for a second, asking them with his eyes; whether they were ready or not to meet the man behind that certain door. Of course, the other two was immediately answering the silent question with a nod. Looking at the answer, Yunho finally took another deep breath and knocked the door softly.

For a moment, there was neither reply nor any sign of a living creature behind the door.
At another second, they could hear clearly that the door was creaking all of sudden.

Jaejoong was taking a glance towards Yunho and Yoochun almost right away, as he held his breath. Jaejoong knew instantly that the other two were thinking the same thing as him. If the door was still locked, then what could that previous creaking sound be?

Did she come already? thought Jaejoong quietly; heart was thumping like crazy in nervousness.

Yunho was trying hard to not get affected by the incident. He gathered his courage once more, before knocking the door over and over again. Since he has lost his patience as the time passed by, the knock was getting harder and harder.

After several hard knocks from Yunho, the door was finally opened; revealing an old-man.

The old-man was seemingly pretty weak already on his casual clothes, as the cane on his left hand supported his weight completely. His body was shaking almost all the times and his eyes were also blinking repeatedly before and now. The face of that old-man was showing a tiredness and lifeless.

This wasn’t as Jaejoong and the others expected before.

“You should be more patient, kids. I’m just an ordinary old-man,” said him.

“Oh. I’m- We’re sorry to disturb you just now,” Yoochun finally replied, since he was the first one to regain his consciousness back, “But by any chance, are you Kyungsoo-Sshi? We heard from the apartment owner before that he is living here.”

“Who are you? You’re too pretty to be an insurance seller,” the old-man asked back, frowning within his confusion, “Besides, I don’t have any money to pay insurance. You should find someone rich.”

“No. I’m sorry, you might be mistaken us as one. But we’re not an insurance seller,” Yunho quickly interrupted, preventing the old-man to close the door, “We just wanted to talk a bit about your ex-wife.” Yunho didn’t miss the hardened expression on the old man, as he was smirking winningly right away. “Do you still remember her, Kyungsoo-Sshi? It’s Haneul, right?”

“I- I don’t understand what you’re talking about,” the old-man answered, stuttering with his words, “You came to the wrong person. I’m not that Kyungsoo.”

“How could you lie to us?” Jaejoong snapped from Yunho’s back, “I know your face. Even though you’re much weaker and older from the one I could remember, I’m sure that you’re Kyungsoo-Sshi.”

The old-man snorted, thinking that Jaejoong just blabbered nonsense. “How could you know? We never met before this time,” replied him.

“I know what was happening between you and your ex-wife!” Jaejoong said desperately, practically shouting towards the old-man. “You were having an affair with a rich woman, right?! You betrayed on your own wife and burned her down along with one of your children!”

“How in the earth you know about those?!” the old-man shouted between his rage, “There should be no-one knew about those incidents! Tell me where you got that information!”

“Haneul-Sshi told me about those,” answered Jaejoong in whisper.

Kyungsoo was widening his eyes almost right away, finally realized who the people in front of him were. “You- You’re the one living at room number 405?” asked him hesitantly, as his face turned pale already in a short time.

***

Jaejoong and the others were sitting inside the living room, right in front of the supposed-to-be final victim. But as much as he wanted to finish everything soon, Jaejoong wasn’t really sure yet where and how they should start it. In fact, Jaejoong didn’t even know about what they should do towards the husband of that woman.

“So...” Jaejoong finally took an initiative to talk, even though he was still vague with everything. After all, they couldn’t just stay in silence and wait for a miracle to save Changmin. “May I conclude that you know already about everything from your answers before? It seemed that you know about your wife, who was being a-- somewhat like a ghost.”

“She also appeared in my dreams,” Kyungsoo answered with a long sigh, “At first I never thought about that seriously, even though she has appeared so many times in my dreams after the accident in room 205.” Kyungsoo stopped for a second. “Like a normal person, I thought it was just my guilty feelings.”

“And-? Please continue, Kyungsoo-Sshi,” Yunho said softly after a long silence, “We’re here to help you and ourselves. We need to know all the information you had.”

“Someday she told me to see by myself, that she’s going to do something towards four people before coming to me,” he continued, “I finally realized the pattern when the accident in room 305 has happened.”

Yoochun just stared at the older one, as something was really bothering his mind. Just by Kyungsoo’s words, he knew that the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter