An Initial Attraction

An Initial Attraction

 

 

 

*picture credit goes to original owners*

 

Jacqueline woke up to an arm around her waist. Panicking for a split second she exhaled realizing it was only Raven’s arm. It turned out the “what nots…” that were in the bag Jongin was carrying was more alcohol. That, along with whatever Amira had her drinking lead to a loose night.

If it had been any other person, Jacq would say Amira had planned it all from the beginning.

Anyway, Jacqueline managed to make Jongin blush while playing Twister, something she didn’t do on purpose or had even wanted to do…or maybe she did. After hours of playing and falling over, everyone passed out in a big pile of pillows and blankets in the entertainment room.

Removing the arm and quietly making her way out of the room and to the kitchen, she sat on one of the kitchen stools mindlessly waiting for the coffee she made to finish brewing.

 

 

*Flashback*

 

“They’re late.”

“He’ll be here. Wait. They?

“Oh, uhh I didn’t want you to be a third wheel so I asked him if he could bring someone along.”

Jacqueline and Amira were currently sitting in the food court in the mall for Kris…and apparently someone else. Amira had been nervous, a trait rarely seen, and asked Jacq at the last minute if she would come and try to distract her. She only became more nervous when five, yes FIVE, minutes had passed past the original time they were supposed to meet.

Before the sixth minute came Amira’s face brightened at what Jacq assumed to be Kris’ face. Jacqueline turned to see the very handsome, very tall guy walking towards them like he was in a runway show. He could really be a model…

Before she could finish her thought Jacq saw the guy she considered more her “type”, who was, in a metaphoric sense, tall dark and handsome. The added bonus was his thick pouty lips. She absentmindedly her lips before turning back in her seat and subtly fixing her hair.

Amira hadn’t broken eye contact with Kris since the moment she spotted him. Amira didn’t date a lot, but when she first saw Kris it was like he looked right through her. He had the most intense gaze she had ever seen, and she didn’t mind it one bit. While most guys found her brazenness and like of tact an undesirable trait, Kris just found amusement in it.

Amira and Kris just smirked at each other while Jacqueline tried not to stare at the very hot Jongin; The same guy who seemed to be burning holes through her head.

“Ahem..AHEM..” Jacqueline snapped Amira from the staring contest she was engaged in.

“Sorry, um this is Jacqueline, Amira’s friend, and this is Jongin. You two know each other, right?” Kris introduced the two acquaintances to each other.

As a matter of fact they both knew of each other but never really talked to each other. Jongin knew of Jacqueline as the seemingly sweet and quiet girl around school with something more to her, and she knew him as the always smirking, humorous, and loyal friend to Kris and Luhan. It didn’t help that he always knew how to make her uneasy without intentionally trying.

Before any more tension could follow, Amira suggested they go to see the movie before they were too late.

It turned out to be a long night.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

 

Jacqueline came back from her trip down memory to a hand waving in front of her face.

“Is anyone home? Hello?” Amira snapped her fingers in front of Jacq’s face.

“Sorry, just thinking about some stuff. I made coffee.”

“Thank goodness. I have a killer headache.” Amira went to get a mug from the cabinet.

“So what were you thinking about?” Amira hopped up on one of the stools.

“Just stuff.”

“You were thinking about him weren’t you? After last night, I would too...”

“What do you mean after last night?” Jacq turned towards Amira. She remembered everything last night...didn’t she?

Before Amira could answer a bedhead looking Luhan came into the room.

“Good morning…afternoon? Whatever. Is there anything to eat?” Jacqueline pointed to the fridge to which Luhan gladly went to.

Over the course of the next 10 to 15 minutes, the others slowly but surely all woke up and made their way to the kitchen. After playing rock paper scissors and settling on making pancakes, the two “losers”, Luhan and Raven, made the food while everyone else sat and chatted.

And by “chatted” that meant Amira and Kris blocking out everyone and thing so they were in their own couple world, which left Jacqueline and Jongin to each other. Again.

 

Yay:

 

 

“Did you have fun last night?” Jacqueline thought about ignoring the question for a split second.

“It was fine. I won’t be doing it again anytime soon though.”

Too bad…

“What?” Jacqueline didn’t just hear that, did she?

“Nothing. Looks like the foods done.” Kai nodded his head towards Raven setting fruit and syrup on the table while Luhan came with the pancakes. Jongin glanced one last time at Jacq before getting his own plate.

Yes, too bad indeed.

 


 

 

Anddddddddd there is chapter 2. Sorry I didn’t update on this sooner. A good number of you liked the first chapter so much I didn’t want to disappoint you with the second.

OHH, THE PRESSURE.

I hope you guys like this one and I want to thank the people who subscribed and/or left comments. Until next time.