Kim Jonghyun (SHINee)

Will You Marry Me?

 

Disclaimer: So once again, idea came straight from my brain, any similarities are just coincidences. No pre-reader or beta so please feel free to point anything out. And don't forget, enjoy!

 

I can’t believe it’s finished. Everything is finally ready. I spent the last entire month trying to make this as perfect as possible. Now the rest is up to her. I really hope this all works out. I head home as I imagined how all of this will take place. I was going to ask my SHINee members and a few of my other friends to be at “stations” and it’s supposed to be sort of like a treasure hunt only I’ll be there at the end, kneeling down on one knee.

 

Honestly, all of this was a lot harder than expected. It sounded so great and amazing while we were planning this but of course, it was as hard as you can imagine. For one thing, the ring! It took me ages to find that one ring that screamed her. I wanted it to be everything she’s ever wanted and more. Of course with those standards, it wasn’t so easy. But eventually I did find it in this little jewelry shop near Busan. From the moment I saw it, I knew it was the one. Just like when I first saw her.

 

I checked all the clues once again and I made sure everything was properly marked and in the right envelope. I group messaged my friends to make sure everything on their end was fixed too.

 

How are the plans? I sent.

 

The flowers are ready for pick up exactly a week from now hyung! Key texted.

 

Balloons with noona’s name are here with me, ready to inflate for next week hyung! Taemin sent.

 

The cake has been set to be delivered directly to the place by 5 in the afternoon next week hyung. Minho replied.

 

Have you got all the clues? Make sure you get them to the right people okay Jjong? Onew sent.

 

Thanks guys. I sent to my 3 dongsaengs.

 

Yes, I just checked them right now. I’m about to drop them off right now before heading home. Thanks for caring hyung. I texted Onew hyung.

 

No problem Jjong. You helped me back when I was a nervous wreck, it only seemed right to help you now that it’s your turn.

 

I dropped off the clues to my friends houses, arriving to the apartment I shared with my hopefully soon to be fiancée at almost midnight. When I got there though, it was dark and quiet.

 

“Jagiya? I’m home.” I looked around the house to find things all over the floor. I rushed to the bedroom. I enter only to find a suitcase opened on the floor half-filled with clothes.

 

“What’s happening? Where are you going?” I asked my girlfriend.

 

“Well it seems to me that lately you don’t find me that important to you anymore. You’re never home, or if you are, it’s late and I’m already asleep. The next morning, I find you gone before I can even say hello!”

 

“I don’t understand jagi. What does that have to do with all this mess?” I asked.

 

“Of course you don’t get it. Too caught up with whatever has your attention now I guess. I’m leaving Jjong. I’m going to stay with my sister for a while. I can see I’m not wanted here.” She replied.

 

When I heard that, my heart plummeted. She’s leaving?

 

“Jagiya, I always want you. You’re on my mind every single second of the day. What do you mean you’re not wanted here?”

 

“Well, Jonghyun-ssi, I just told you! Is it another girl? Do you want to break up? All you have to do is say the words! You don’t have to keep ignoring me, I’d rather you be straight with me. Look Jjong, can we do this tomorrow? I’m exhausted. I’m just going to pack some overnight things and come back for everything else tomorrow.” She zips up her overnight bag and turn to leave the room.

 

I have to stop her. She’s got it all wrong! I wasn’t avoiding her! I was planning my proposal.

 

“Wait! Can’t you at least let me explain?” I asked.

 

“Explain what? That you don’t want me anymore? That you want to break up with me? I don’t want to hear it. At least not tonight. I need some time. Away from us, from you. Okay?”

 

“But---“

 

“I’ll come around 2 in the afternoon tomorrow okay?” She says as she slams the front door.

 

I fell down on my knees, my hands covering my face trying to hold back the tears. How did I just go from finalizing my proposal to alone and on my knees? I had to fix this before it’s too late. But how? Obviously next week is too far. I needed to do this tomorrow. When she comes here tomorrow I have to try my hardest to make sure she doesn’t leave again. I need a new plan.

 

I need you. This is an emergency of the highest level. If it’s possible, can you come over? The proposal has just been moved to tomorrow. I need help coming up with a new plan. I sent.

 

I’ll be there in 10. I’ll bring Tae and Minho too. Don’t freak out okay? I’m sure everything will work out. Key replied.

 

I hope he’s right. I don’t know what I’ll do if she doesn’t let me explain. I need her to understand that everything I’ve done this month has been for her, for us, for our future. If anything, this-this-whatever this is, only made me realize even more how important it is to have her in my life. Right at this moment I honestly believe I can’t live without her. This feeling of being empty inside, like my heart is missing. She took it with her when she left. At that thought, I could feel the tears streaming down my face.

 

*DING DONG*

 

I went to the front door and before I could even process what was happening, Key barged in, dragging a sleepy Taemin and Minho right behind him.

 

“I want an explanation Kim Jonghyun. I want it right now. What happened? Why are you crying?”

 

“She left Key. She took her things and left. I don’t know what to do anymore! She said she’s coming back tomorrow to get the rest of her stuff. She wouldn’t let me explain or anything. She thinks I don’t love her anymore. Key, what do I do?” I sobbed. “Maybe I should go to her sister’s house right now and beg her to take me back…maybe I should---“

 

“You will do no such thing Kim Jonghyun! You snap out of it right now. You are going to make things right and you’re going to do it properly!” Key said, slapping me in the face. “We’ll just have to reform our plans a little.”

 

“Key umma is right Jjong hyung. Look, we can still use the balloons I have and it won’t be too hard to get a cake for tomorrow, and---“ Taemin said, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

 

“No, I don’t think the cake and balloons are going to work anymore. Thanks though, Tae. I think I have to do this completely different now. I just hope this works. Thanks guys, I think I know what to do now. I guess I just really needed that slap in the face huh, Kibum? You guys are welcome to stay here if you want, I’m sorry I texted so suddenly and so late too.”

 

“It’s fine hyung, we know you’d do it for us in a heartbeat.” Minho replied with his eyes closed.

 

~*.*~

 

I woke up in the morning to find all my dongsaengs asleep in the guest bedroom. I decided to just let them sleep in. I had things to plan. I looked at the clock. 7:00 am. Okay, I only had a little less than 7 hours to make this happen. I want her to just at least give me time to explain. What happens after that is anyone’s guess.

 

I got everything ready by 1:45 and now I’m just trying to get my dongsaengs out of the house.

 

“We’re going, we’re going hyung! No need to drag us out!” Taemin said, tripping through the door.

 

“Good luck hyung. I know you’ll do great. I’m sure she’ll listen.” Minho said calmly.

 

“You can do this hyung. Just make sure she hears you out. After that I’m sure everything will be fine.” Key said.

 

But as Key says that, I hear the familiar sound of her car coming into the driveway.

 

”Guys, you really have to go. She’s here!”

 

“Okay, okay. Bye hyung.” Key said.

 

Not 2 minutes after they left, she comes in. She has her head down, putting her keys back inside her bag so she hasn’t seen what I’ve done to the place. When she finally looks up, she’s shocked.

 

“Jjong, what’s all this?” She said, touching a few of the pictures I have hanging from the ceiling.

 

“Those are my explanations, jagiya. Will you hear me out now?”

 

“Oh Jjong, you’re right. It was unfair of me not to give you a chance to explain. So what is all this stuff?”

 

“This,” I said, waving my arms around the room, “Is your supposed proposal.”

 

“Proposal?” She said quietly. “Oh Jjong you don’t mean---“

 

“Yes jagi. All of this was going to be for next week. It’s why I was so busy this last month. I was trying to make it the proposal of your dreams. Funny how that turned out huh?”

 

“Oh Jjong, I’m so sorry! I just assumed that you were avoiding me and you just didn’t want to see me anymore. I thought you found somebody else better. After all, I’m just a plain girl and you’re so kind, romantic, practically everything a girl could ask for.”

 

“If you truly believe that, can you forgive me?”

 

“Jjong, there’s nothing to forgive. I was wrong. You weren’t ignoring me after all. I just let all the paranoia influence my thoughts. I get that now. Can you forgive me?”

 

“I guess that will depend on these next few minutes, jagiya.” I said with a smile on my face.

 

“Huh?” She asks, looking confused.

 

“Well jagi, I want to start off by saying, you are so beautiful. These last few hours without you made me realize just how my much I need you in my life. Now this was supposed to be a huge affair with balloons, cake, flowers, the whole shebang. But I realize that as romantic as I tried to be, I almost forgot what all of this was truly about. I want every single day of forever with you. I want to wake up each morning with you right next to me. I want to teach our kids how to ride bikes even if I can’t ride one myself. I want us to have date nights, just the 2 of us. I know I’ll only fall more in love with you with each passing day. When I met you, I saw my future. Our kids, you and me growing old together, maybe even making music as a family. I want all of that. I want it with you. All those times I wrote about love before I met you, I never truly understood what they meant. To me, it was dramatic, perfect for a song. I didn’t know that what they say about songs were true. I realized songs truly do come from inspiration and every time I look into your eyes, it’s like a new song. I love you more than my own life, more than anything my songs ever tried to explain. An eternity of loving you will never be enough but I’m going to try my hardest to cherish and love you for at least that much and a day. I’ve had happy days in my life but nothing will top this day if you say yes to my next question. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?”

 

 

So how was it? Too weird? Unrealistic? This chapters 2000 words exactly. (Once again too obsessive compulsive for my own good.) It's not that I love Jjong more than Onew or anything like that. It just so happens the storyline I made for Jjong ended up really complicated. So please do comment down below any suggestions as to who and what I should do after the lovely SHINee boys. So far I'm thinking B.A.P, Infinite, and maybe even EXO although there are A LOT of them. Key is next by the way. :D