The wrong confession

No promises?

IU's POV

I.

Like.

Youngmin.

I admit it, I like him, he's been so nice to me, he's been protecting me, he spends so much time with me, unlike Dungie, he barely talks to me at school, but I do appreciate him for what he did that other day, about the lunch and all. But I really think that our roads are in between. But I think it's best that we should stay friends. That's all, but what am I going to say to him? I don't think that he could not accept the fact I like somebody else. He's very sweet and all, but Youngmin treats me special, like royalty, I wish I've been treated like that, I wish Cheondung will treat me like that, me, Youngmin and Kwangmin are walking down the street to Seungho oppa's house, I thanked them for accompaniying me. When I went in, nobody was there, well, there was Mir, but he's snoozing on the couch, snoring too. I can hear it from upstairs. Suddenly, I hear the door shut, I stomped downstairs, and seeing Cheondung with a noona beside him.

" IU!" Cheondung called me as I was only a few steps away from him.

" IU, meet my noona, she just got back from the Phillipines. So, I wanted you to meet her!" Cheondun said excitedly, that's his noona? She looks so pretty!

" Annyeong, my name is Lee Jieun, please call me IU," I introduced myself.

" Annyeong, I'm Sandara, but just call me Dara unnie," she smiled at me. Wow, she was really good looking, I wonder if she looks prettier without makeup.

"She just got back from Phillipines. And I want you to meet her," Dungie explained to me. I just nodded and smiled sweetly at her.

" Uhh... Cheondung, can I talk to you for a while, alone?" I asked him.

" Okay, sure, let's go to the kitchen," we went into the kitchen.

" What do you want to talk about?" he asked me.

" About our relationship," I fiddled with my fingers. His face turned into the serious one.

" What... what about it?" he asked slowly.

" Well, recently... I fell in love, and-," " With who?" before I get to finish my sentence, he asked me a question again.

" I... I can't say, you're heart will shatter," I scratched my head lightly.

" I understand, alright, so, what now?" he said.

" Can we make a few promises?" I said.

" What?"

" I want you to promise me that there be no promises after I'm on a real relationship. I mean, we still are friends right after we end this?" I said bravely. Hopefully, that won't break his heart or effect his feelings.

" No promises, huh? Does this mean... we're going to break up?" there was a slight horror at the end of this sentence.

" Not until a few months, this is the only thing I can promise you, no heartbreaks," I touched his chest. Suddenly, he rapped his arms around and held me tighter.

" I just can't bear to let you go," he muttered. After that, tears rolled down my cheeks, I tried to wipe them because I don't want Cheondung to see me like this. So, I just wiped my head on his chest. After that, we joined with Dara unnie again. We actually spend the whole afternoon together.

" Oh, Jieun, I have a little something for you," said Cheondung.

" What is it?" I asked curiously and looked around.

" Tada!!" he held out a cute marshmallow doll.

" Awww~~... that's so cute! It's so fluffy I wanna die~!!!" I squealed.

" I knew you'll love it," he said to me happily.

" You both look like a family! It's so cute!" said Dara unnie.

" Thank you! Everyone says that," I thanked her. We all fill the whole room with laughter and love. I have to cherish this moment because I know there will be no more. After a few days, and I'm starting to bond with Dara unnie, turns out, she was a rep for debate team and a guest to Phillipines. So, she can speak pinoy a bit. She says she's starting school again today. After a few periods, Mr. Heechul called me to watch reherseals, so I was excused from History and Social Studies.

" Alright, you sit in the crowd and watch the scene," Mr. Heechul instructed. I just do what he says. And watched at the audience. Suddenly, the curtains rose up, and Sohee came out from the wings. She was really elegant, she doens't even looked mean at all. She looks a whole different person right now. I know she's acting, but people would really love her if she was like what she's acting right now. Nice, but not too nice. After reherseals, I went backstage, to congratulate her. She was already surrounded by the cast and the staff, already congratulating her.

" You were beautiful out there, Sohee!" " I knew you can do it!" " That was amazing Sohee!" after a few rounds of congratulating it was my turn.

" To be honest, you're really good, no wonder you're good for the part," I said to her, she looked kind of surprised.

" Don't lie, it will make me regret harder," she said with a bit of horror at the end of the sentence.

" Follow me, I don't want anyone to see me like this," she grabbed my hand and pulled me deeper behind the backstage.

" Okay, to tell the truth, I was... jealous, of you," she confessed.

" But why?" I asked.

" Because since Cheondung rejected me, and started going out with you, I feel like if I can't have him, no one can," she admitted.

" That's not how it's supposed to be, you should always let go for the people you love, like what I'm soon going to do," I said.

" You're breaking up with him?" she asked me back.

" Not until the dance, by then, we'll have our own paths," I said with sorrow.

" But you both are perfect for each other, you can't just bail him off. What's wrong? You found someone else?" she demanded, I didn't have anything to say, so I just nodded.

" But who? Who could've replaced him inside you're heart?" she started.

" I could tell you, but then I have to keep your mouth shut," I said. She looked surprised. " Okay, I understand, I'm sorry I was mean to you," she apologized.

" That's alright, you don't know me that much after all," I said. So, this is a start! Finally, my rival has become my friend! Like appa always says, work out for the people you're upset with. And it did after all, she now smile like an angel. I'm actually glad that we'll spend time with each other much often. But, I'm still not done with Cheondung's case, what if he knows that I like Youngmin? And what if he won't talk to me anymore? What if...

I lose him forever?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah... srry for the late update, so I decided that I would finish this story first before continuing my other fics such as My life with a Demon and When Girls Take Over because I can only handle two fics at once thus leaving this behind. I knew I shouldn't abandon this one, I miss this fic... so I decided to finish this one.

-Evrlottey