A Good Night's Sleep

Looks Can Deceive

"Hyun Mi?" You look up from the piles of clothes to see Soo-Hee standing at the doorway, a warm smile plastered on her face, "I've enrolled you at the school Myungsoo and Jongdae are attending and it's been organised for you to start tomorrow~" she claps her hands together and hands you a few brochures, a timetable and a thick booklet.

You take these with a quick bow and she playfully gives you a light hit on the shoulder, "Hyun Mi-ah, you needn't be so polite~", she sticks her head into the room, her eyes travelling from your clothes on the ground, "Is the room alright?"

"Ne~ Kasamnida~!" you nod and she pats you on the head before leaving, the door making a little click as it closes behind her. You turn back, shuffling to your clothes. "Hmm... what to do with these clothes...", a curious pout forms on your lips as you take your clothes to the wardrobe.

Poking your head around the side, you see an empty shelf and stuff your clothes into the space. I'll just leave these here for now... and you run back into the room, sinking onto the plump pillows of the bed, the sheets soft and caressing your skin. Rolling on your stomach, you flick through the brochures.

 

"Wahh..." you blow your fringe from your face and tuck stray strands of hair behind your ear, admiring the tall buildings of the school that look as prim and proper as the students.

You turn your attention to the thick booklet, which is filled with almost endless lists of rules for students. You take your time to go through these, mumbling to yourself as you try to memorise the rules.

Halfway through the booklet, you reach with an extended arm over the side of your bed and pull a family portrait from the front pocket of your bag. Its edges have been slightly creased and you straighten them back out, your finger tracing over the smiling faces of your parents. Their eyes are shining proudly, hands rested on your shoulders.

"Umma, appa~ I'm at the Kims' house now~ Soo-Hee and Eun Sung are so nice to me~ Myungsoo has changed a bit though but he has a dongsaeng, Jongdae, who is just as kind and cute as he used to be." you feel your throat clogging up and you bite back tears.

 

I can't keep crying like this... Umma and appa would want me to stay strong, you think, steeling yourself over. You make a promise to both your parents and yourself that you won't cry anymore and with a sad smile, you sit up. With the photo clutched tightly in your hand, you wriggle over to the bedside table and pull the first drawer open. About to slide the photo in, you see that it has been arranged much like the room, papers spilling out, random pens that have been shoved in.

At the sight of the drawer, you remind yourself that you're no longer at home and as if on cue, Myungsoo steps into the room, ruffling his wet hair with a towel before you can shut the drawer close. He walks over and with his foot he closes it, looking at you sprawled comfortably on his bed.

You leap off the bed at the heat of his stare, "A-ah, mian" and Myungsoo sits on the bed himself, not taking notice of your apology. Droplets of water spray onto his bed as he continues to dry his hair with the towel, as if you aren't even in the room. 

 

"Myungsoo, has umm, changed a bit from the last time you saw him".

Eun Sung's words ring through your head and you watch Myungsoo dry the last of his hair, his face fixed in a passive expression. He catches you staring and he flashes you an arrogant smirk, cocking his head to the side and you bite your lip, averting your gaze, unconsciously showing aegyo.

Wahh, she's gotten even cuter than before... His eyes almost widen at this thought but he maintains a still face. It can't be...6 years. 6 years since I last saw her... I hardly even know her anymore, I can't like her... He steals a glance at you, his brow furrowed in a slight frown.

"Myungsoo-sshi, is there something wrong?" you say cautiously, showing even more aegyo. You see his eyes softening and he opens his mouth as if to say something but he snaps it close and his eyes steel over again. Glancing to the side, he notices the brochures and timetable which you had carelessly left on the covers.

"A-ah, those are mine" you laugh sheepishly as he picks up the timetable with one hand. He stands with your timetable still in his hand, blinks slowly at you and disappears into the next room, the towel swung casually over his shoulder, "Bathroom's free", you hear him grumble through the door. 

You shuffle into the wardrobe and grab some clothes from the pile: a baggy shirt and comfortable tracksuit pants. You step outside the room and make a beeline for a room that seems to be the bathroom. Twisting the doorknob slowly, you peek inside and your shoulders sag with relief as you step into the bathroom.

Omo... your eyes travel around the room, taking in the modern sink, the deep big bath and your eyes rest finally on the shower in the corner of the room. Making sure to lock the door behind you, you take a shower, sighing as all the stress and tension from the day flow with the water into the drain.

Stepping out in a cloud of warm mist, you dry yourself and change into your clothes, pulling your hair into a quick messy ponytail.

As you step out of the bathroom, you see Soo-Hee coming up the stairs and she reaches for your clothes, "Here, I'll put these in the laundry for you", you give her a grateful smile and your turn back to the room. Opening the door, you see Myungsoo crawling under the covers of his bed and noticing you in the room, he sits up and rakes a hand through his now-dry hair.

Another smirk plays on his lips as he glances at the empty half of his bed and looks back up to you with an almost...devilish expression, daring you to climb in next to him.

He wriggles under the blankets and rolls over to face the wall to leave you standing helplessly. You turn out the room, tempted to call to Soo-Hee who is gracefully making her way down the stairs after collecting the boys' laundry but not wanting to cause her any trouble, you sit down on a couch, bringing your knees to your chin. 

So...This is my bed for tonight...You shiver and rub your arms, Not even a jumper or blanket to cover me for the night...But if Soo-Hee see me sleeping here, she'll blame it on Myungsoo-sshi... I don't want to cause him any trouble~

You pad back to the room, the floorboards creaking slightly under you. The lights have been turned off, the curtains drawn and the room almost pitch black. Your hands in front of you, you your way in the direction of the bed. Your knee hits something soft, the mattress, you think and you feel for the blanket, lifting it over your head as you slide in. Your toes curl at the warmth of the bed and you're lulled to sleep by the sound of Myungsoo's soft breaths.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hehe~ its taking me quite a while to update isnt it~? ;; ill try my best to update more often ke~