A Fresh Start

Looks Can Deceive

Staring with your mouth agape, you watch as he continues his way down the stairs and you feel a patch of red fill your cheeks.

"Aish...Jongdae-ah, paliyo~" Soo-Hee calls again and a boy ermges from his room, descending in a similar fashion to Myungsoo. They both stand at the foot of the stairs, staring at you. Myungsoo his head, his smirk stretching out into a playful smile and says almost mockingly, "Long time no see." 

You take the boy standing next to Myungsoo to be Jongdae, his brown eyes as piercing as his hyung's and his hair messily spiked to the side. He slides his hands into his pockets and swings on the balls of his heels, "Annyeonghaseyo, Jongdae-imnida" he introduces shyly, with a quick glance at you.

"We didn't have a spare room, so would you mind sharing a room with Myungsoo?" your eyes widen at Soo-Hee's words and you glance at Myungsoo, who stands with a passive face. You slowly shake your head as Soo-Hee quickly adds, "Since you were close we each other before when you were younger, of course."

"Ani, I don't mind~" you flash Soo-Hee a quick smile which see returns and hands you a neatly folded pile of what seems to be school uniform. A blazer rests on top of a white short sleeved blouse and pleated skirt, a bowtie neatly tucked in the pocket of the blazer. Tracing over the fine embroidery of the school logo on the blazer, you read the immaculately stitched hangul. Kyunggi...Kyunggi High, where i'll be able to start everything again, like nothing ever went wrong.

 

You look up to see Soo-Hee gesturing to her sons to help you carry your luggage but before you can refuse, Jongdae slides his hands into the handles of your bags and takes them upstairs. Myungsoo stands with his hands in his pockets and runs his tongue over his lips.

Out of the corner of your eye, you see Soo-Hee mouthing something to Myungsoo. He turns and begins up the stairs, stopping to look you in the eye, nodding vaguely at you. Taking this as a signal to follow him, you leap up the stairs after him, keeping up with his quick pace.

He leads you to a room where he throws the door open. Inside, many shelves line the walls, crammed with books and papers. A small table sots in the corner, a double bed across the room. The covers have been messily thrown over the mattress and you spot the entrance to a walk-in cupboard on the far side of the room.

Jongdae looks up to see you entering the room and he gently leaves your bags at the foot of the bed. He flashes you a warm smile, cutely biting his tongue in between his teeth.

"Jongdae-ah~ I need your help with something~" At the sound of his mother's voice, he bows shyly, brushes past you and heads downstairs. "Thanks for carrying my bags up~!" you call after him, a tinge of cuteness in your voice. You hear the sound of Jongdae's laughter float upstairs and you smile, crouching down to your bags to begin unpacking.

You sigh, running a hand through your hair and stare out the window, watching droplets of rain pecking on the window. Kyunggi...You roll the name around your tongue. A new beginning, a fresh start...Umma, appa, I'm going to make you proud.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

;AAA;