A Long Night Out

Looks Can Deceive

You do a double take but the face has withdrawn back into the crown and you shake your head, I'm probably imagining things, all this alcohol is getting to my head. With a series of hiccups, you slide your shoes off your feet and drunkenly sway into the crowd.

As if you were a magnet, some boys instantly float over to you, edging closer and stinking of alcohol. One even slides his hand around your waist, but you swat him away, wagging a finger in his face.

"Ohh~ You shouldn't do thaat pretty boyy~" you warn, giggling at your slurred voice. He ignores your warning, pulling you closer to him, the fumes of alcohol sickening. No one seems to take notice of your slurred mumbles of protest and he pushes you against a wall, his finger tracing up your side.

You are repelled by his movements but your drunken state prevents you from being able to push him off, or even call out for help. "Stop it." you muster but he continues. As your vision warps, you press back against the wall for support and slowly sliding your leg up, you knee him in the crotch. Hard. Very hard.

His face crumples in pain and he steps away, a small squeak escaping his lips. "Hmph." and you strut off, flipping your hair over your shoulder.

 

You pad back to your seat at the bar, where your shoes thankfully lay in the pile you had left them in and you dawdle around the bar taking more shots, not too keen on joining the crowd again after the incident with the . Your shot glass is yanked from your hand and the vodka spills down your dress, quickly absorbing into the thin fabric.

Your eyelid twitches and bubbling with annoyance, you swing an arm at the blurred figure, "YAH~ I was drinking thaat~" but you stop mid swing as the bright lights of the club brush past Myungsoo's face. You squint, your vision clearing and your eyes widen as you find yourself peering into Myungsoo's cold brown eyes.

You can feel the heat rise to your cheeks, along with the vomit that's creeping up your throat. Myungsoo is clad in a casual button up shirt, the sleeves pushed up to his elbows. From his casual attire, his dishevelled hair and his red-rimmed eyes, you can tell that Myungsoo had been here for much longer than you.

Cringing, you expect him to drag you from your seat and back home but he surprisingly takes a swig at what's left in the shot glass and slams it down on the counter, demanding more from the bartender.

Oh. So Mr. Perfect knows how to party? Heh.

After a few more shots and a glass of wine, his cheeks turn a beetroot red and a devilish twinkle dances in his eyes as he grabs you by the wrist, pulling you into the crowd where the two of you being dancing together.

The sharp pain in your toes from your shoes is numbed by the thumping beat of the music which only seems to grow louder and from the adrenaline that rushes through your body as you stare into Myungsoo’s eyes.

His dance moves are awkward and stiff, but you laugh it off, amused at how you found him unusually cute.

Your fluid moves cause a few heads to turn to you, eyes travelling down your S-line.

In the youth of the night, you feel fresh and free, which channels into your dance moves as you pull off a y body roll. A few guys bump into you from the side and your heart begins to thump louder than the music, until all you can hear is your rapid breathing and the steady beat of your heart.

Boom.

Boom.

Boom.

 

The incident begins to re-enact itself as the boy closes in on you but noticing his hungry stares, Myungsoo steps in, pushing him away by the chest. A few people turn from their dancing to watch as the boy lunges at Myungsoo, clearly drunk and disorientated.

Excited murmurs begin to break out in the crowd, as people shuffle to form a circle around Myungsoo and the boy.

Through your foggy mind, you slurred out a few words of protest, insisting to Myungsoo to leave him but he brushes you off with a growl as he lands a punch square onto the boy's jaw, knocking him back into the crowd. Woollim had already earned itself a reputation for the many brawls that broke out here as well and here you were, witnessing one live.

The boy s his way back into the circle, rubbing his jaw with the side of his palm, anger as fierce as fire dancing in his eyes and he lashes out, charging at Myungsoo.

You make another attempt at stepping in but a rough hand of Myungsoo shoves you away. You totter on your heels, reeling from the push and regaining your balance. Around them, the crowd roars drunkenly, many people swaying with their drinks as they continue to urge on the fight.

The boy staggers to the side a bit, too drunk to even stand straight anymore and Myungsoo takes the opportunity.

He grabs a handful of the boy's matted hair and swings it to the side, making him face Myungsoo. Myungsoo's grip loosens on his hair and he pulls the boy by the cuff of his collar instead, a steady trail of sweat trickling down the side of his head.

As the veins of his hands throb, he pulls the boy in close, "Back off you bastard~" he threatens almost playfully, "Arraso?" he tilts his head with a smile and releases him with a final shove. Before the boy can retaliate, Myungsoo pulls you by the wrist, "Let's get out of here" and leads you out through the door, the queue still extending into the night.

 

The air outside smells sweet and pure, a welcome change from the putrid fumes of the club. Your eyes water from the cold as you stare up into the night sky, your breaths forming small clouds around your mouth.

The stars twinkle in the sky innocently and they remind you of your parents. Guilt spreads through you like fire and you turn to Myungsoo who is tentatively poking at a cut on his lip.

Through your heavy mind, you manage you spit out words from your numb mouth, your words forming an almost incoherent jumble, "Myung...My-yungsoo...s-sii~ gweennn...janaa...?"

He is surprisingly able to comprehend and gives a small shake of his head, hailing for a taxi with a wave of his arm as you sag onto his shoulder, the alcohol weighing you down like lead.

Despite the shots you had watched him devour, he was still quite sober now, probably from the fight and as the taxi pulls into the kerb, you feel his arms wrap around you as he drags you into the car. A light rain has begun falling, the little specks of water decorating the windows and you wince as he slams the door close, the noise rippling through your head like a gunshot.

You groan and close your eyes, burying your head into Myungsoo's chest but he doesn't push away. The taxi rumbles into life and soon lurches to a stop beneath you, your temple being to throb.

Myungsoo chucks a few crumpled notes at the driver and without a word of thanks, he throws you over his shoulder and carries you into the house and upstairs as if you weigh nothing. As you sway upside down over his shoulder, that alcohol in your body threatens to make a reappearance.

Just as the first of the shots being sliding down your throat and into your mouth, Myungsoo kicks the door open and throws you onto the bed, your head swirling.

 

Your vision blurs as a pounding headache begins to beat at your mind. You grip the sides of your head in your hands, curling into a ball, the fabric of your dress tight on your skin. Feeling yourself ebbing into sleep, the grip on your head loosens and you feel two hands slide around your face, just where yours had been moments ago but their grip is soft and caring.

A pair of lips touches yours so gently that you wonder if you had dreamt it and you feel the painful thump in your head subside as you drift into a blissful sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's been a while since i've updated on this one too ;; hehe~ but i've already written the next chapter out and i'll post it up soon after spell checking it hehe~ please feel free to leave comments, i'd like to hear what you guys think about it :DD