Chonnyeo

Dwenjang101's One-Shot Collection

 

Main character - Jeon Kaeun
Kpop person - Daehyun of B.A.P
Setting - Modern day Busan

~~~~~~~~~~

I crouched down in the abandoned alleyway and silently sobbed to myself. I wrinkled my nose at the smell of rotting garbage and animal and (hopefully not but probably was) human waste. I picked at the dried blood on my knee and winced when I touched the raw skin with my dirty fingers. I couldn’t help but let out a small yelp.

“What do I do…?” I asked myself as I looked around everywhere.

What’s a 14-year-old girl doing in a freaking alley? I asked myself in my head.

I breathed in and out heavily as I tried to calm myself down. I rubbed my eyes and tied my hair up again. I fixed my fringe and looked down at my torn uniform blazer.

What do I say to Dad?!

I jumped at the sound of careful but heavy footsteps coming towards me. I pushed myself against the corner and covered my mouth to prevent myself from screaming. The footsteps echoed loudly against the narrow walls of the alleyway and I bit my cheeks.

Come on Jeon Kaeun, I thought in my head, Stay quiet…

The footsteps stopped right in front of her and I gasped. I blinked furiously as a bright light shone against my face. A figure crouched down in front of me and clicked their tongue. I moved my hand from my mouth and screamed.

“GO AWAY!!!” I screamed, waving my fists in front of me, “GET AWAY FROM ME!!!”

The figure put a hand over my mouth, making me shut up.

“I could hear your freaking blubbering from inside the apartments,” a male’s voice snapped in a heavy Kyungsangdo dialect, “Calm down.”

I bit my tongue and tried to stop crying. He took his hand off my face and turned the torch off.

“What are you doing here?” he asked me.

I buried my face in my hands and slowly rocked back and forth, not answering his question. He tapped my shoulder.

“What are you doing here?!” he snapped. I whimpered at his harsh tone and sniffed.

“Where do you live?” he asked, softening his tone a bit, “I’ll take you home.”

He slowly peeled my hand off my face and brushed my fringe out of my eyes.

“I’m not gonna you or anything,” he joked lightly, “I’m only 14.”

I looked up at him and scanned his face. I sub-consciously raised my eyebrow and he chuckled lightly. He looked down at his toes then back up at me with a serious expression on his face.

“But seriously. Go home, this place is dangerous.”

Oh yea coz I haven’t noticed that already or anything.

He lifted my chin up slightly and furrowed his eyebrows. He looked at my uniform and clicked his fingers at me. “Hey… Aren’t you that new girl from Kwangju?”

I loosened my shoulders a bit and nodded.

“Ah,” he nodded and stood up. “Come on. I’m not gonna wait here all night.”

He held out his hand and I just looked at it. I slowly grabbed it and hauled myself up.

“Okay,” he smiled, “Where do you live?”

“I-I-I-I don’t remember my exact address…” I stammered.

“Oh that’s wonderful,” he said sarcastically. He rubbed his chin and sighed.

“I-I think I know my way from the school though.”

“Oh that’s good,” he brightened up and looked over his shoulder. He took out his phone and checked the time. 10:15pm.

“Why’d you come out here so late?” he asked as he led me out of the alleyway.

I bit my lip and shrugged.

“You can tell me. I’m more trustworthy than I look.”

I shook my head and kicked a stone. He sighed.

“Okay then… What’s your name?”

“K-Kaeun. Jeon Kaeun.”

“I’m Daehyun,” he smiled, sticking out his hand in front of me.

I hesitantly shook it and tried to smile back.

“My friend’s in your class,” he commented, “He said that you’re awfully quiet.”

“That’s coz I don’t know anyone…” I replied.

“Haven’t you made any friends?” he raised an eyebrow at me. I shook my head.

“Oh that’s sad,” he pouted, “I would’ve expected the teacher to at least buddy you up with someone.”

“Sh-she did but my ‘buddy’ wasn’t very nice to me…”

“Oh. Then I’ll get my friend to show you around. When did you come to Busan?”

“Last week.”

“Oh that’s cool. Why’s your uniform all torn up?”

I bit my lip and shook my head. “It’s nothing.”

“ fight?” he asked.

“No, it’s just… Don’t worry about it.”

“I’m worrying.”

“You don’t even know me properly…”

“Well if you saw a random girl crying in an alleyway wouldn’t you be curious to find out what happened to her?”

“M-maybe… But it’s okay. I’m fine.”

“Okay then~” he sang, obviously not believing me. “Do you live on the expensive part of town?”

I blinked at him. “I-it’s not necessarily expensive b-but the h-houses I guess are a bit m-”

“So you’re rich,” he nodded. “Did people try to get money out of you? Like gangs?”

“N-no. I said not to worry about it.”

“Yes, you said that, but I’m choosing to ignore you,” he gave me a cheeky look.

“Of course you are…” I sighed.

“So tell me a bit about yourself, Kaeun,” he said inhaling the cool night air.

“I’m Kaeun… And… I’m 14?”

“Anything else?”

“I… I’m… I’m a girl…”

“And…?”

“I… My birthday’s on the 7th of April?”

“Gosh you’re so boring,” he stated, “Let me introduce myself. Hi, my name’s Jung Daehyun and my birthday’s on the 28st of June. I’m 14-years-old and I live with my mother, father and older brother in this little apartment thing on the east side of the school and I’ve lived in Busan my whole life. I’ve never been on an international airplane and when I grow up, I’m going to be a singer and I’m going to tour the whole of Europe and Asia and America and everywhere else. My friends always say that I look like I’m gonna kill them whenever we go into a staring contest coz of the way my eyes are shaped and sometimes it can be really helpful when I’m up against some sorta ‘big-shot’ who’s been picking on my friends but when I’m trying to make friends, it’s an absolute pain coz they think I’m some sorta scary gangster. I’m usually shy around people but I’m not that shy with you coz I don’t think you’re at all intimidating. I’m an academically hopeless little sod who doesn’t know how to keep his mouth shut and apparently I can be really two-faced at times.”

He took in a deep breath and smiled at me. “There.”

He ruffled his hair and stuck his hands in his pocket. I saw a faint silhouette of the school and smiled.

“Thanks…” I said and turned to face him.

He grinned. “No problem. Next time, don’t run to a random alleyway or else you might meet a guy who’s not 14 and probably will try and you. Okay?”

I let a small smile creep up onto my lips and waved at him as I slowly made my way home.

“Thanks again. Bye…!”

He waved back and left without a word.

 

~*~*~*~ 4 years later ~*~*~*~

 

I groaned as my phone buzzed in my ear and forced my heavy eyelids open.

“Yeobosaeyo?” I mumbled into the speaker.

“Yah Chonnyeo,” a familiar voice sang into the phone, “Already asleep are we? You were only on a plane for like half an hour, not even.”

“I didn’t get any sleep at all in Kwangju,” I responded sleepily, “And why do you keep calling me Chonnyeo? You’re more Chon-ish than me, Daehyun.”

“Well you’re the one who managed to pick up a really heavy Busan dialect within a year of being here. Anyway, I have good things to tell you. Do you know the Busan Colour Festival?”

“You mean the one you dragged me to last year? And the year before?”

“Yea, that one! It’s on at the moment, did you know that? Do you remember where it was?”

“Nope.”

“Do you know where the town square is?”

“Yea… I think…”

“Oh good. Meet me there okay?”

“But it’s 11… Can’t I sleep? We have like… School tomorrow.”

“Don’t care, school has nothing to do with me anymore.”

“School never had anything to do with you but it does with me.”

“I don’t care~~~ Meet me there okay? If you stand me up I will never speak to you ever again.”

“What makes you think you’ll be able to not talk to me ever again?”

“I don’t know. But please come.”

“Okay then, whatever. See you there.”

I hung up my phone and reluctantly pulled myself out of bed.

“Stupid Daehyun,” I muttered under my breath as I pulled a jumper on over my head, “Why can’t he just let me sleep?”

~*~*~*~*~*~

I slurped the rest of my frozen coke and shivered as a chill ran up my spine. My fork hovered above Daehyun’s cheesecake and I stuck my tongue out.

“May I?” I asked, inching my fork closer and closer to his cake.

“Stay away from my cheesecake acho,” he said as he protectively wrapped his arm around his plate, “Mine.”

“You’re the one who dragged me all the way here to pay for a single slice of cheesecake! And my frozen coke, mind you, but that’s not the point.”

He tapped my nose with his fork and smiled smugly. “But you get to be the first one to know my amazing secret.”

“So when will you tell me about this amazing secret?” I some of the cream off my fork that I stole from the dollop next to his cake.

He narrowed his eyes at me and took a bite out of his cake. “Once I’m done then we can go to the centre square and we can watch the fireworks so everything will be really dramatic.”

I rolled my eyes and scrunched up my frozen coke bottle. “I really regret getting that coke now…”

“Silly child,” he said slicing his cake into four neat cubes, “That’s why you get a cheesecake, not a frozen coke in the middle of November.”

“Frozen coke in the middle of November is amazing, okay?” I stated and stood up. “Hurry up.”

“Nae umma,” he sang and sliced one of the quarters in half. He popped it in his mouth and grinned.

“Can I have some?” I pouted, eyeing his cheesecake.

“No,” he snapped, “My cheesecake with passion fruit syrup and cream.”

“Come on,” I sat back down, “Just a tiny bit.”

“I shall not give up any of my precious cheesecake for a peasant Chonnyeo like you.”

“Then can I leave?” I slowly stood up again and rubbed my eyes, “I wanna sleep.”

He grabbed my wrist and shook his head. “No, you aren’t allowed to leave.”

“Then give me some cheesecake.”

He reluctantly handed me a tiny shaving off the side of one of the cubes. I rolled my eyes and stabbed the fork into one of the quarters and popped it in my mouth, leaving him with his mouth wide open.

“Y-y-y-you stole so much cake…” he pointed an accusing finger at me.

I shrugged and chewed on my piece of cake happily. “It was only a quarter of it. Hurry up or I’ll leave.”

He finished the rest of his cake, pouting, and brushed the crumbs off his lap. He wiped his mouth with a napkin and threw it in the bin along with my coke bottle.

“We shall go off and venture out into the wild town square and witness the amazing sight of the random fireworks they do every year,” he announced and dragged me along outside.

We stood in the middle of a huge crowd all looking up at the sky. I crept in closer to him to move out of the way of people passing by and stared at the sky, waiting for the fireworks with everyone else.

“Why isn’t it starting…?” Daehyun complained, rocking back and forth impatiently.

I nudged him. “You know you could just tell me now~”

He shook his head. “I’m waiting until the fireworks end. I promised myself. Be patient, Chonnyeo.”

I rolled my eyes and fixed my fringe. “Whatever.”

The sky was soon lit up with colourful displays of fireworks and everyone stared up at them in awe. I looked down at my shoes and closed my eyes but tried my best not to fall asleep completely.

“Yah!”

I felt a hand land a soft blow across the back of my head. I jerked my head up and glared at Daehyun.

“Why’d you hit me?!”

“No sleeping during a fireworks display,” he grinned cheekily and bumped my hip with his.

“Poo face…” I said as I squinted at the dancing lights in the sky. My eyes stung from trying to keep them open and the sharp wind blowing against them. All of the fireworks turned into a blur and I wiped away tired tears and sighed.

“Why are you crying, poor baby?” Daehyun cooed, sticking out his lower lip and lowering his head, making it level with mine, “Is Kaeun sad that Daehyun oppa won’t tell her his amazing secret?”

“For a start, I am not a baby,” I blinked over and over trying to clear my vision, “Secondly, they aren’t tears of sadness, they’re tears of tiredness and sleep-deprived-ness and thirdly, I’m older than you, Daehyun. By two months and 11 days. I’m the noona here.”

“Oh shut up,” he said standing up straight again. He winked and grabbed my hand and pulled me along the crowd.

“Y-yah Jung Daehyun,” I stuttered as I ran into all these random people.

He ignored me and kept tugging on my arm until we made to the end of the massive crowd and out in the open air. He motioned me to follow him after letting go of my wrist and I reluctantly tagged along after him.

“Where are we going?” I grunted, “What was the point of standing there to watch those things light up in the sky if you were gonna drag me out here?”

He either didn’t hear me or ignored me and he plopped himself down in front of a little tree right next to a hill.

“I just wanted to watch them, okay?” he said as he grabbed my wrist and yanked me down. “Now, my amazing secret…”

“Gosh. Hurry up.”

“You know how I’ve been all busy and out of town recently and all that random crap?”

I nodded.

“Well,” his face glowed, “I didn’t tell you before but I’m a trainee!!!”

I slowly took in all his words and gasped. “A-a-a-a what now?”

“I’m a trainee! Like a singing trainee!!!”

“L-like trainee as in you train then you debut and become famous and rich and you get treated like a slave until you aren’t popular anymore then you get to rest then it starts all over again?”

He thought about it and nodded. “If you want to put it that way, yes.”

I slapped him in the face. “Why didn’t you tell me?!”

“Ow!!!” he grabbed his cheek and frowned at me, “That hurt!”

“Why didn’t you tell me?!”

“I don’t know! Mum said not to tell anyone in case I didn’t debut and that would be embarrassing and stuff so she told me to keep quiet about it!”

“Poo face,” I muttered, “I thought we were friends.”

“I have other friends too you know!” he exclaimed, “But I’m choosing to tell you first! Do you know how long I waited for you to get back from Kwangju?”

I hugged my knees and shivered. “Carry on.”

“Anyway, my amazing secret is,” his eyes twinkled under the brightly lit Busan night sky, “I, Jung Daehyun, born on the 28th of June, 1993, not-very-honorary student of Nataraja Academy of Busan, trainee at TS enter-”

I gave him a weak punch on the arm. “Hurry up.”

“I’M GOING TO DEBUT!!!” he screamed in my face.

My face went blank. “W-what?”

“I’m going to debut!!!” he said excitedly, “I’m going to be a singer and I’m gonna dance and stuff and everyone’s going to know about me! Isn’t it amazing?”

I couldn’t believe my ears. I forgot about how tired I was and I jumped and started screaming. He got up and jumped up and down with me, screaming too.

“YOU’RE GOING TO DEBUT?!?!”

“I’M GOING TO DEBUT!!!”

“YOU’RE GOING TO BE FAMOUS?!?!”

“I’M GOING TO BE FAMOUS!!!”

“YOU’RE GOING TO SING FOR YOUR FUTURE?!?!”

“I’M GOING TO SING FOR MY FUTURE!!!”

“YOU DON’T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT FAILED GRADES AT SCHOOL ANYMORE?!?!”

“I DON’T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT FAILED GRADES AT SCHOOL ANYMORE!!!”

“YOU’RE GONNA WEAR GUY-LINER AND MANSCARA AND TIGHT CLOTHES ON STAGE AND HAVE THOUSANDS OF FANGIRLS HAVING UAL FANTASIES ABOUT YOU ALL OVER THE WORLD?!?!?!”

“I’M GONNA WEAR GUY-LINER AND MANSCARA AND TIGHT CLOTHES ON STAGE AND HAVE THOUSANDS OF FANGIRLS HAVING UAL FANTASIES ABOUT ME ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!!!”

We jumped up and down, screaming like lunatics in the middle of a deserted grassy spot. My head went fuzzy and I still couldn’t believe it.

Daehyun.

Jung Daehyun.

My first friend in Busan, Jung Daehyun.

He’s going to be an idol now.

An idol.

He’s going to sing and dance on TV.

Everyone’s gonna know about him.

Daehyun, the little derp that I’ve known for four years now.

“And you know what’s more amazing than this?!” he panted after he stopped jumping up and down.

“What?!” I breathed out heavily, standing still too.

He leaned his head in and gave me a small peck on the lips. I felt the colour rush to my cheeks as he looked deeply into my eyes.

“I’m giving you permission to call me your boyfriend now!!!” he flailed his arms around, laughing like a lunatic, “And once I debut, you can say that an idol has kissed you on the lips and that an idol is your boyfriend and that you’ve been friends with an idol since middle school and that an idol has been to your house before!!!”

I stood there, thanking everything and everyone in the world that the night was extremely dark so Daehyun couldn’t see my face which probably looked like an overly-ripened tomato.

“W-w-what?” I gabbled.

He rolled his eyes. “I’m trying to keep everything cool, okay? I want you, Jeon Kaeun, to be my girlfriend. I’m asking you out already, just say yes.”

“W-w-wait so you,” I pointed at him, still trying to straighten everything out in my head, “Are asking me,” I pointed to myself, “To go out with you?” I pointed at him again.

He nodded expectantly, biting his lower lip.

“Does that mean you like me?”

He completely froze and stared at me.

“I mean, people don’t ask each other out randomly,” I thought out loud, “They have to have at least some…”

I searched around my brain to search for a word that could fit into this situation. “Fuzzy, should I say? Yea, fuzzy… Fuzzy? Yea, fuzzy. Fuzzy feelings towards the other person.”

I looked up at Daehyun who was biting his lip and I cupped his warm face in my hands.

“I might have the same fuzzy feelings towards you too,” I grinned.

~~~~~~~~~~

This was my first fanfic thing i uploaded but i ended up deleting it coz i only had like 1 subscriber after a few months so i was like NAH I DONT WANT TO HAVE IT UP ANYMORE ITS EMBARRASSING but its still in my fanfic file on my computer lololol