Kitchen Lady

Dwenjang101's One-Shot Collection

Main character - Park Hayeon
Kpop person - Kai (Jongin) of EXO
Setting - The palace in the Chosun dynasty woop woop

~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Hayeon,’ an urgent voice hissed, ’Hayeon wake up!’

’What...?’ Hayeon mumbled, dragging up her heavy eyelids.

’He wants you again,’ Hyerin explained, ’Get dressed.’

Hayeon reluctantly hauled herself up and off the bed, and shifted towards her wardrobe.

’You know,’ Hyerin sniffed, ’if I had known he was gonna wake us up in the middle of the night, I probably wouldn’t have agreed to be your room mate.’

Hayeon gave her a weak smile as she tied the skirt up at her ribs.

’But I’d still be your best friend.’

’Whatever,’ Hayeon chuckled, sliding her arm through the vest.

’Lady Hayeon,’ called the frail voice of the Head Eunuch, ’Are you awake?’

’Yes sir,’ Hayeon called back as she pushed the door open.

’Ah, there you are,’ he beamed, ’The prince is waiting for you in the main kitchen.’

’Kitchen?’ Hayeon raised her eyebrow, ’Why the kitchen?’

’Has the prince ever explained his actions?’

Hayeon sighed and followed the Eunuch around the dark palace and into the dimly-lit kitchen.

’Now don’t do anything stupid or light the place on fire,’ he said once they were in front of the large doors, ’I don’t want a niece with a troublesome reputation.’

’Have I ever done anything like that?’ Hayeon winked as one of the soldiers opened the door for her.

Once inside, what usually was an extremely busy and crowded area seemed robbed of all life except for a single lantern illuminating a corner of the room.

’Who’s there?’ said a hollow, baritone voice.

’Me, sire,’ Hayeon bowed towards the voice.

A tall figure appeared from behind the columns and approached the girl.

’I’ve been waiting for ages,’ the voice scolded, ’You should be punished.’

’My deepest apologies, your highness, but may I remind you that it is extremely early in the morning?’ she stated.

A small smile crept up onto the figure’s lips as he revealed himself completely.

’That wasn’t a very smart comeback, Hayeon. I’m a little disappointed.’

’I’m tired, your majesty.’

’Urgh, I’ve told you this a billion times before Hayeon. Don’t call me that.’

Hayeon suppressed a smile as she bowed her head.

’That is against protocol, your highness therefore I must call you by your rightful title.’

Jongin’s shoulders dropped as he stared at the court lady intently.

’Hayeon.’

She looked up and locked eyes with him. He stared back intensely as if to intimidate her. She did not back down.

Soon enough, the intensity died down and both their eyes softened. Hayeon disguised a small giggle as a cough and looked back and looked back down at the floor. The prince bit his lip and tried to hold in a laugh as he slowly walked up to her. Hayeon’s shoulder started shaking as she silently burst into a fit of giggles, setting off the prince as well.

Soon, both were cackling uncontrollably as a pack of hyenas would. Jongin held his stomach as he inched towards the girl while she locked her fingers together tightly.

’This is so awkward,’ Jongin announced once he had calmed down.

Hayeon nodded in agreement and looked up at him. ’It is.’

Jongin rested his hands on his childhood friend’s shoulders and sighed.

’I haven’t seen you since the beginning of the competition,’ he said, ’Is it mean if I said that I honestly thought you were going to fail the court lady’s test? I had like a whole speech to convince the Head Lady that you were worth keeping that I was going to recite if you did.’

’Yes, yes it is.’

’Okay then pretend, I never said that,’ he sighed, sitting on the chair in the corner, ’Make me something. Slave.’

’I am not a slave, I’m paid.’

’Make me something, slave.’ Jongin teased, bluntly ignoring her words.

Hayeon secretly rolled her eyes as she went to grab an apron. She took one out of the cupboard and slid her head and arms through the holes.

’I never thought I’d see you in one of those.’

’I never thought I’d see you in a robe like that,’ Hayeon retorted as she struggled to tie up the back of her apron.

Jongin sighed as he hauled himself up over to her.

’It’s a wonder you can do anything with those stubby little arms of yours,’ he sniggered playfully, taking the rope in his hands.

Hayeon felt her cheeks and ears warm up as he fixed the knot and patted it - and her back - with his warm hands. She washed her own hands in the cauldron full of washing water and twirled around to face the boy.

’So,’ she said, ’What would his majesty like for a midnight snack?’

After tapping his chin in though, Jongin’s lips curved into a cheerful smile as he stated, ’Buckwheat rolls. I haven’t had those in ages.’

’Yes sir,’ Hayeon smiled as she dug through the pantry for the ingredients.

When she found what she needed, she set it out neatly in front of her and started dividing the buckwheat sheet into evenly sized rectangles. Jongin sat at his chair, watching the girl he had known since they were in diapers, as she held the knife securely in hand and gracefully ran it over the pale grey sheets. Hayeon felt his eyes bore into her as she reached for the radish.

’Hayeon,’ he started. ’I was wondering if you could show me how to cut stuff.’

’Cut stuff?’

’Well you know, being a prince and all... I’ve never really seen a proper kitchen knife before, let alone touch one.’

’Uh... Sure...’ Hayeon stammered as the dark-skinned figure gently floated towards her.

He took the knife from her hand and held it in his. ’It’s so light...’

’Like fighting swords, knives have to be light or else the holder won’t be able to control it.’

’I see,’ he said as he held down the buckwheat in one hand and held the knife in the other trembling one.

Hayeon took another knife into her hand and held on top of the buckwheat for the prince to see.

’You slice it carefully like this, by removing all the edges, and it’s all in the way you move your elbow. Try cutting down the sheet.’

Hayeon demonstrated professionally as Jongin failed to imitate her. His sheet of buckwheat ended up looking like a wavy blob rather than a rectangle. His cheeks coloured as Hayeon discarded the excess buckwheat and placed the blob in front of her.

’I swear even the new girls are better than this...’ Hayeon sighed as she corrected the disfigured buckwheat.

’I heard that,’ Jongin pouted.

’My gravest apologies,’ Hayeon said absentmindedly and carried on making it.

She was just about to roll the buckwheat when she felt a gentle weight on her shoulder. A pair of arms wrapped around her waist, making her gasp.

’J-J-Jongin...’

’Shut up and keep making the food,’ he ordered, his breath tickling her neck.

Hayeon’s heart started thudding at an abnormal rate, making her breath unsteady and rushed. Her arms lost all its strength as Jongin rubbed his thumb in circles over her stomach. If it weren’t for him holding onto her so firmly, she was sure her legs would’ve given out, resulting in her collapsing onto the floor.

She had never been so close to a man before.

’I said keep making it.’

His voice woke her up from her momentary trance and she began rolling it up.

This isn’t right... Hayeon thought to herself as she felt him press his cheek against the arch of her jaw. His head slid up until their cheeks were adjacent.

Hayeon’s actions became slower and slower as the intimacy of this situation sank into her.

’J-Jongin...’

’Hm?’

’W-what are you doing...?’

’Experimenting.’

’E-experimenting?’

’Be quiet and make my food, slave.’

Hayeon bit her lip as she finished making the buckwheat rolls and laid it out nicely on a plate, Jongin pressed up against her.

’I-It’s done.’

Jongin didn’t budge.

’Jong-’

’Sh,’ he hushed, placing his dainty finger over her lips, ’Just... Wait. I like this.’

’Like... What?’

’This. Shush.’

Hayeon gulped and gripped the plate tightly in her shaking hands. The lantern in the corner flickered, dimmed to a small glow and eventually died out. Everything was pitch black.

’J-Jongin...’ Hayeon whimpered.

’Sh.’

’No it’s not that... I...’

’You’re afraid of the dark, right?’

The plate between her fingers felt like it was going to shatter.

’I’ll get a guard to re-light it,’ Jongin said, slipping away from her.

For Hayeon, the darkness sent a chill up her spine as a cold, eery feeling danced up her shoulders like a violent waltz. A heavy feeling lingered in her chest when his hands parted with her. A tear rolled down her cheek as a painful, pricking feeling rode up her neck and insisted on entering her head. She froze.

’J-Jongin...’ Hayeon squeaked helplessly, ’Please don’t leave me here, not by myself.’

No answer.

’Sire? Did you leave?’

Tears spilled uncontrollably now.

’Jongin...’ she choked.

’Are you crying now?’

Hayeon sniffed then jumped when a hand brushed against hers.

’Sh, it’s just me,’ he cooed, ’It’s ok.’

He firmly gripped her hand and Hayeon’s cheeks burned up.

Not again... she thought as she squeezed her eyes shut, entering the comforting darkness of her own eyelids.

Minutes that seemed like hours to Hayeon passed, full of sniffling and sobbing and the occasional, ’Sh, I’m here,’ from Jongin was audible. He rubbed his thumb along the back of her hand comfortingly, and Hayeon was grateful that he understood how she felt about being in the dark and had calmed down a bit when Jongin spoke up.

’Hayeon...’

’Yes, your majesty?’

’There’s something I really wanted to try... Do you mind if I do it now?’

’Of course not.’

’Well... It kind of...’

Hayeon felt his warm hands run up her elbows, her arms and stopped at her neck. He gently brushed her collarbones with his finger-tips as he stepped in closer to her.

Sub-consciously, he placed one hand on the back of her head and tucked one under her jaw, resting on her neck. He felt her pulse quicken by the second.

The next thing she knew was that pair of perfect, plump lips were lingering over hers. They soon were pressed against her own.

Hayeon couldn’t describe the feeling - it felt like a whole bunch of emotions being thrown into one little kiss. There was barely any movement, just a slight variation of pressure every now and then sparks shooting up her spine.

Once in a while, she would get a sweet tingly feeling on her lips as he pressed his lips against and she returned it by backing down a bit. It all came to her naturally.

As much as he hated to do so, Jongin eventually pulled back, letting his lips slide over the side of . He rested his chin against Hayeon’s forehead as they both breathed heavily. Hayeon placed a hand over her rushing heart, shocked and excited from what she had felt just then.

Jongin wrapped his arms around her neck and pulled her in tightly, placing her cheek against his chest. His lips curved upwards when she tucked in perfectly into the curve of his neck.

’You know,’ he sheepishly chuckled, ’If you want more of that... I’m still looking for a queen.’

~~~~~~~

I am so done.

Comment, subscribe, promote, idk, do something, eat food

Please tell me how i did since my other one kinda died from the lack of loooove c: you all love me