yongguk -- the time to love -- part 3/3

Days of War, Nights of Love

Nothing has ever made me feel more self conscious than walking through the airport terminal, clad fully in my army uniform and left arm in a sling. I can feel their eyes on me like pinpricks and it's impossible to shake them.

I catch several appreciative smiles and thankful gazes and return some friendly waves. The staring continues as I progress through the terminal. One older man catches my eye specifically. He breaks away from his family and walks over to me. 

He holds out his hand to me and smiles wide. "Son, I just wanted to thank you for your service to our country." 

I nod to him and smile back. "Sir, it was my pleasure." 

He gives my hand one last squeeze and returns to his family. I smile to myself as I return to my mission of making to the baggage claim. My heart beats faster as I get closer and closer to, not only my bag, but Junhong as well.

I haven't had the opportunity to talk to him since I was wounded. I was discharged just hours after I was deemed stable. I was assured that my family was contacted about my arrival and I could only assume that Junhong would be here.

Knowing him, he got here two hours ago and is currently searching the crowd frantically. I smile just thinking about him. Words couldn't describe how much I missed him. 

I finally pass through the sliding glass doors that welcome me back to Seoul and immediately start looking through the unfamiliar faces of people waiting for arrivals. I catch a pair of chocolate eyes identical to my own and smile wide at my sister, looking around for Junhong and frowning slightly when I don't see him. 

As I get closer to Zinger, Junhong comes up next to her, a bottle of Diet Coke in his hand and a troubled expression on his face. Zinger beams at him and points to me. He follows her finger and my breath catches in my throat when his dark eyes see me. 

His lips part in a smile and his eyes light up in pure happiness. He shoves his soda at Zinger and runs to me. Everything seems to go in slow motion. Various passengers are slowly pushed out of the way as Junhong makes his way through them desperately. 

His eyes are wide and full of tears that threaten to fall. His blue hair is pushed down under a gray beannie and his perfect eyebrows are hardly visible.

Junhong finally pushes past the last guy and flings himself into my embrace. He presses against my stomach wound and I grunt in pain but shake it off as I wrap my good arm around him tightly and spin him around. 

He's careful not to squeeze too hard but that's not what I want right now. I want him to squeeze me just like I remember. It might hurt like a but now isn't the time to worry about that. "Junhong, baby, if you don't give me a proper hug I will not be a happy man."

"I don't wanna hurt you." He whispers, face buried deep in my neck. 

"I don't care." I insist. So he hugs me with all his might and, yeah, it does hurt but in a really really good way.

We pull away slowly but without letting go of each other. I look at him properly for the first time in ten months. The pictures I had to keep me company overseas do him absolutely no justice. He is, honest to god, the most gorgeous creature, man or woman, to ever walk the earth.

Junhong looks back at me just as intently, eyes holding mine as his fingers play at the nape of my neck. "Yongguk, I missed you so much." His silky voice catches just the slightest bit as his tears spill over. 

"I missed you too." I murmur. "I can't believe it's been so long."

"I was so worried. I saw it on the news and I went to your parent’s house and he called and said you got hurt and I thought- I thought-" 

"Junhong, honey, look at me. I'm here and I'm alive. I'm home with you and nothing is gonna take me away ever again. I'm fine." I stop his rant before he becomes hysterical.

"Yeah, if by fine you mean full of bullet wounds." He snorts. 

"Hey now, it's only two and they'll heal. Now I've got you to take care of me so it won't be so bad." I grin. 

He smiles up at me and shakes his head. "You're the only man I know who could see two holes in his body as a good thing."

"You've got one too." I laugh, pulling on his earring. 

Junhong slaps my hand away. "That's not the same thing and you know it." We laugh together and he runs his thumb over my cheek, expression suddenly serious. 

"I love you, Junhong." I whisper.

"I love you too." He murmurs back, eyes suddenly emotional. I pull him back flush against my chest and lean down to press my lips to his. He responds immediately, pressing himself up into me and moving his lips against mine slowly and sensually. 

It almost feels like our first kiss all over again. The slow desperation for comfort in the other. The hope for the other to be there always. The sensation of his soft, sweet lips on my mouth and tongue.

A camera flashes and Junhong pulls away from me, a blush covering his flawless cheeks. He looks to the right where my sister is standing, camera in her hand and my bag at her feet. "You guys, I'm framing this." Zinger states proudly. 

I laugh at my sister and Junhong steps back reluctantly, allowing me to bring my sister against my chest. She gives me a wimpy hug as well but I don't mind as much. 

"How have you been?" I ask eagerly. "How's school and your boyfriend and your goldfish?"

She giggles and shakes her head slowly. "I'm fine, my grades are fine, he’s is fine, Lucky is dead. But how are you? Does this hurt?" She asks, gesturing to my arm brace.

"Only when you put pressure on it." I answer, smile firmly in place as we start to head off.

"Soooooooo, does....this hurt?" Zinger asks, shoving my injured shoulder. I grimace and grunt painfully.

Junhong's eyes widen in shock. "Zinger!" 

Her eyes widen too. "Yongguk, I'm so sorry! I thought you were bluffing! Don't they give you pills?!" 

"Yeah, but getting shot by an army rifle at point blank range is something that's gonna take a while to get over." I explain, waiting for the last wave of pain to wash over me.

Junhong links his fingers through mine and rubs his thumb over the back of my hand soothingly. We get to Junhong's familiar sleek black car and climb in. First, we go to my parent’s house and the process begins again. 

Hugs. Kisses. Tears.

Mom makes me all my favorites for dinner and I just bask in the love and companionship of my family.

After three hours I start to fall asleep on the couch, exhausted from a combination of the plane ride and the emotional roller coaster that came with my return. Junhong kisses me slowly and coaxes me back into the car with the promise of a soft bed when we get home.

As soon as we walk in the door, our dog jumps up on me. I pet her and coo at her, relieved that she still remembers me. I don't know why but I really thought she wouldn't.

Junhong shoos her away and pulls me into our bedroom. He helps me out of my uniform and folds it with care before pushing me into bed gently. Before I know what's even happening, he's unwrapping my wounds and cleaning them out with expert precision. He explains that he went up to the hospital and learned how to do this for the specific intention of helping me when I got home.

My chest fills with nothing but pure unadulterated love for this man above me. As soon as he's done cleaning out the wounds and rewrapping them I pull him against my chest tightly. He pulls away, fear evident in his eyes. 

"I don't want to hurt you, Yongguk." He whimpers.

"Baby, I just want to hold you tonight. I don't care about the pain. Please." I beg.

Junhong searches my eyes for any hint of hesitancy but there is absolutely none, so he rests his head on my chest softly and wraps his arms around my torso gently. I crush him against me and ignore the pain that throbs through me violently. 

I kiss his head and close my eyes. Yeah, it hurts, but at least I have the opportunity to hold him to me again. Having your life almost ripped away from you so violently really makes the sun shine brighter. It makes flowers smell sweeter. It makes the bullet wounds seem like scratches. It makes me realize just how lucky I am to have a man as amazing as Junhong in my life. 


Finally finished :c
I'm sorry it took so long TwT I wanted to post sooner but it's been crazy and I was in a car accident and lots of intense stuff has been happening! But I'm alright, though my poor Mustang can't say the same... :c
But I made it a fluffy ending just for you guys :D
Hope you enjoyed. Leave a comment?