You deserve better

Dear Ugly

Seungho’s POV

/FLASHBACK

“JUN!! JUN!! JUN!!!” I shout after Junhyung when he walked off.

 “JUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!” I grabbed his arm, turning him to face me.

“Hey! I was just teasing you! What’s wrong?” I asked worriedly.

He shook his head, looking down.

“Tell me!” I forcefully pushed his chin up.

“Nothing! I’m ugly, right!? Then stay away from me!” He pushed me away roughly.

“HEY! What the hell is going on!?” I pushed him against the wall, pinning him still.

His expression told me that he did something he should not do.

“You confessed to her?” I asked.

He looked away angrily, not saying anything.

“I told you not to! I warned you that she’s a nasty , didn’t I!?” I shouted at him. I regretted instantly. He must be feeling so upset now, and yet I yelled at him.

“Yea, yea! You warned me but I didn’t heed your advice and got humiliated! Are you happy now!? That you’re right and I’m wrong!? Almighty Yang Seungho! Should I applause you!?” He shouted into my face.

I glared at him, but I was not exactly angry with him.

“Why do you even want to befriend an ugly looking freak like me?” He muttered under his breath as he pushed passed me.

I watched him walk off. I should go after him, but I reckon he needed some time to himself, and I had something to do as well.

“Did you see how humiliated he was just now!? Oh my gosh! That ugly freak! He totally deserve it!” I overheard one of the guys laugh with his group of friends.

I bite down on my jaw. How dare they insult Junhyung like that? I glared at him.

“Repeat what you just said.” I said.

“I… I.. What.. what did I say?” He stuttered.

“Who dserve the humiliation? What is the ugly freak?” I asked.

“No one. No one.” He said hurriedly before running off.

I made my way up the stairs and down the corridor until I came to the classroom I was looking for. I stood outside, listening to the group of girls talk.

“Did you see those roses!? Oh gosh, he looked like he stole them or plucked them from someone else’s garden!” One of the girl said.

“And also, did you smell his cheap cologne? Yucks. He got it all over me now.” The one Junhyung blindly had a crush on said, giving a disgusted look.

“You should wash your uniform.” Another said.

“Wash!? I’ll throw it! Burn it!” She said.

Junhyung ah, you see what kind of girl you fell in love with? Do you think she really deserves you?

“But you should have just accepted him. Be with him for an hour or so, and then break up with him and humiliate him so badly he’ll wish he was never born.” A girl said.

How could such innocent looking girls be so mean?

“I should! Then again, the sight of him just… Ewww~ Not only is he ugly, he smells horrible too, and I just… I just can’t. I can’t even stand being next to him for a second, and what did you say? An hour? Take my life instead.” She said.

“What is there to take? Your life is worth nothing.” I said, making my presence known.

They looked up, obviously shocked.

“O… oppa.” She called out.

“Oppa? Who gave you the rights to call me Oppa?” I scoffed.

She narrowed her eyes at me.

“Listen, I’m not going to repeat myself again.” I said, going close to her.

She moved back, but I grabbed the collar of her blouse and pulled her closer.

“Firstly, it is Junhyung’s misfortune that he fell for you, not yours.” I said.

“What rights does it give you to insult him like that? Just because you’re rich? Come on, you and I know that those aren’t your money. Don’t go around showing off your parents’ money as if you earned it, okay?” I smirked at her.

“And you call him ugly? Do you own a mirror in that huge house you live in? Or should I custom-made one for you? One that is able to show not only your reflection but your inside as well? You’ll be surprised at how ugly you are.” I said, letting go of her.

Her expression darkened.

“Eww~ Just by touching your blouse, I feel grossed out already.” I said.

“You of all people in the world have no ing rights to step all over Junhyung’s sincerity. Do you know what sincerity means? The dictionary explains it as genuineness. But then again, something like that is not easily understood just by its mere definition, it’s something you feel with your heart. Do you have a heart? Can you feel? Or perhaps, you’re surrounded by… should we say, people who are only with you because of the money you do not actually own, that’s why you never felt what sincerity is? Therefore, when Junhyung showed you his sincerity, you brushed it off quickly as a strange, odd feeling, like a bug that got into your hair.” I said.

 “For your information, he ing bought those flowers with the money he earned just to confess to the unworthy you. Junhyung may be poor but at least whatever he has is what he earned and he can proudly tell the world it is his money, unlike you. You think his perfume is cheap? Well, at least it smells better than whatever you pour on yourself. Moderation is the key, my dear. You do not pour the whole bottle of perfume on yourself just because you can. Perfumes come with a spray for a freaking reason. If you cannot understand, ask someone.” I continued.

She was shaking in anger, which made me happy.

“A little piece of advice for you, girl, get rid of your fake friends and go make new, sincere ones. Don’t live your life like that; always in the illusion that you’re so goddamned popular and pretty and that everyone likes you. Admit it, you know that they’re just after your money, but because you don’t wish to be alone, you let them be. Sometimes, it is better to be alone than be with a sea of plastic people.” I continued.

“And one more thing, may I suggest you change your plastic surgeon? Your nose is crooked.” I smiled at her.

I know I am very mean to say something like that to her, but she deserve it. How dare she insult and upset Junhyung like that?

“YANG SEUNGHO!!!!” She screamed as she smacked me in my face with a thick book.

I wiped the blood off my bleeding nose and laughed as I turned my back to walk out.

“YOU’LL REGRET THIS!!!” She shouted as she threw the book onto the back of my head.

It made me dizzy for a few seconds, but I manage to walk out anyway. I checked my phone as I walked to see if Junhyung had texted me, but none. I knew where he was anyway. Just as I was about to arrive, I was surrounded by a group of guys; specifically, her guys. I laughed to myself as I had expected it already.

“What so funny?” One of the guys asked.

“You are funny.” I said.

“What?” He frowned.

“She asked you to come beat me up, didn’t she?” I asked.

He said nothing, except stare at me.

“Ahh~ How typical.” I said.

“Since you knew you were going to get beaten up, why did you even try play hero?” He asked.

“I’m talking about you.” I said.

He narrowed his eyes at me.

“How typical of her followers to come the moment she asks. Good job. You are doing your part as her puppy really well~” I clapped.

I could hear him crack his knuckles.

“Ahhh~ You don’t like being called a puppy? It doesn’t suit you? Oh, sorry. How about… doggy?” I asked.

He answered me with a punch across my cheek.

“Aigoo~ Let’s get over this once and for all, shall we? Don’t waste time. I still need to go comfort my Junhyung. You guys were so mean to him.” I said as I returned him a punch.

Soon, I was fighting them five against one. I was on the losing end but I struggled to stay standing despite receiving their kicks and punches all over because I knew the moment I let myself fall, they will kill me.

“WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING!?” A loud voice shouted.

I saw the discipline master charge over with a wooden stick in his hand. He separated us and it was only now that I saw how injured all of us were.

“WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK YOU’RE DOING!? FIGHTING IN THE SCHOOL COMPOUND!? HOW DARE YOU!” He screamed at us as he whacked us with the stick.

“Did we teach you to be gangsters!?” He continued scolding.

None of us made a sound. After he was done with his lecture, he ordered us to go kneel down in the assembly area with our arms in the air, and to go for detention after school.

I looked at him when he stopped me.

“I’m disappointed in you, Seungho.” He said.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized quietly.

“What happened?” He asked.

I kept quiet.

“Tell me. I know you are not someone who fights for nothing.” He said.

“Junhyung got bullied.” I mumbled.

“And then? You tried to settle it in this way? I know you care very much for him, but this is an uncivilised way to deal with things, Seungho ah~ You know it, don’t you?” He asked.

I nodded.

“I can’t help you. You’ll have to receive punishment.” He said.

“I know I deserve to be punished. I’m sorry.” I said.

“Don’t do it again. Get your wounds treated later, understand?” He asked.

“Can I… request something?” I asked.

He looked at me with a surprised face. Of course, who would not be surprised? I did wrong and yet I am requesting for something.

“What is it?” He asked anyway.

“Can I go look for Junhyung first? He ran off just now and I am worried for him. I promise I’ll be back. I’ll kneel double the time and I’ll do double the detention. Please.” I pleaded.

He let out a smile and nodded.

“Go, and you better keep to your words.” He said.

“Thank you.” I bowed before hurrying off.

I ran to the back garden, and like I expected, Junhyung was there, sulking.

/END OF FLASHBACK

My arms were starting to feel numb and I feel like I would collapse any time. It was scorching hot with the sun feeling like it was above my head. It was made worse when my whole body felt like it was knocked over by a train. Damn, why did I decide that I could win five of them? I should have just run for my life.

I looked over when someone knelt down beside me.

“Lean on me, hyung.” Junhyung whispered.

“What are you doing?” I asked, my eyes widened as he joined me in the punishment.

“I heard about it.” He said.

I looked away. I did not want him to find out. Given his personality, he would feel so guilty and start sulking all over again.

“Why did you do it, hyung?” He asked.

“What?” I sighed.

“Why did you fight them?” He asked.

He came closer to me, trying to shield me from the sun with his palms. How stupidly cute~

“Do you think that will really work?” I laughed.

“It’s the thought that counts!” He pouted.

“Alright, alright.” I smiled.

“Why?” He asked.

“Why are you asking the obvious?” I asked.

He looked at me.

“They hurt you. How can I just let them be?” I asked.

“But…” He muttered.

“If I did not do anything, how could I still call myself your hyung?” I asked.

“I mean, but at least win in the fight. So embarrassing the fact you lost.” He said.

“YAH!!!!” I glared at him.

“Shhh shhh shhh!” He laughed, trying to calm me down.

“How ungrateful!” I grumbled.

“What do you mean by ungrateful? I bought you chicken sandwich.” He said, taking it out from his bag.

“Chicken sandwich!?” I asked, staring hungrily at the sandwich.

He tore a bit of it and fed me.

“It’s so yummy I’m gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~” I let myself fall onto the grass.

“Yah! Hyung! It’s dirty!” He laughed, trying to pull me up.

I opened my mouth, asking for some more, in which he complied.

“Are you a bird?” He laughed.

I flapped my hands to make them look like wings. He burst into laughter, smacking me as though he forgot I was just beaten up badly.

“Sorry! Sorry!” He apologized quickly when he saw my face twisted in pain.

The both of us were looking like fools in the middle of the assembly area, with me lying down and him feeding me, but is it not a blessing to act like fools with your best friend?

The discipline master came a while later. We quickly got back into position when he saw us.

“Go get your wounds treated. Junhyung, help him there.” He said with a smile as he gestured us away.

“Did you think he saw us?” Junhyung whispered as we walked.

I shrugged my shoulders, but I am pretty sure he did.

The nurse made me rest in the infirmary for a bit after dressing my wounds. Junhyung lied down on the bed next to me, staring into space.

“Junhyung ah~” I called out.

“Hmm?” He looked over.

“Even if I were to get more demerit points and detention classes, even if I have to go kneel in the heat for another ten hours, I’ll still do whatever I did again. I don’t like it when people insult you. You’re not ugly, neither are you a freak. Don’t let them bully you like that. You deserve better.” I said.

He let out a small smile and nodded.

“You’re very handsome, you know that, right?” I asked.

His cheeks turned a slightly pink.

“Aye~ Blush like that only when your girlfriend tells you this. And when I say girlfriend, I mean someone who is worthy of your love.” I said.

He nodded.

“Junhyung ah?” I called out again.

“Yea?” He asked.

“I’m hungry.” I said.

“I JUST FED YOU CHICKEN SANDWICH!!!” He yelled.

“I know!! But I am still hungry.” I pouted.

“Alright, alright! Wait here.” He grumbled as he got out of the bed.

"Can I have... pizza... please?" I asked softly.

"With garlic bread, onion rings, fries and Coke, would that be enough!?" He asked sarcastically. 

"It'll be good." I grinned.

He showed me an annoyed look. 

“Thanks, Junnie! You’re the best!” I made a heart-shape with my arms.

“Hyung, stop it. It’s ugly.” He said.

“ARE YOU CALLING ME UGLY NOW!?” I yelled.

He let out a cheeky grin and nodded.

But how could I ever get angry with him? Ugly or not, as long as what I do makes him smile, it is enough for me. 

-끝-

***
tumblrm79bk2iklx1qa8470.gifSeungho:  Repeat what you just said. .

tumblrml5yqxa8ck1ry0752.gifSeungho: Listen, I'm not going to repeat myself again.tumblrm9o3cy4ffi1rwsfzs.gifJunhyung: I JUST FED YOU CHICKEN SANDWICH!!!

tumblrm9us72mplt1qkmbwu.gifSeungho: It'll be good.

***
Thank you for reading :) Remember, all of you are beautiful!