Ugly... not

Dear Ugly

Junhyung’s POV

I sat alone in the back garden of our school, plucking on the grasses on the ground, drowning in my own sorrow and ugliness. No one comes here, except for myself and Seungho hyung. People say that this place is haunted, but who cares? If it is haunted, then it is not as if the ghosts will bother whether I look good or not.

When I told Seungho hyung about my crush on her, he had warned me that she was nasty and I should just forget about it.

“Not that you are not suitable for her, she is not suitable for you, Junhyung ah. You’re kind while she is just a .” He told me.

However, I cannot help but for fall her a little more each time I see her, and even worse, I have no idea which part of myself actually plucked up the courage to go confess to her.

Seungho hyung is right. She is nasty, but she is somehow right too, no? How dare I confess to her? Who am I? I am just a poor and ugly freak. But does that mean I have no rights to love?

“How many times do I have to tell you that the grasses have feelings too?” I heard a familiar voice say.

I turned to find Seungho hyung smiling tiredly at me.

“H.. hyung! What… what happened to you!?” My eyes widened when I saw him looking beaten up.

“Help me sit down, would you?” He asked.

I quickly stood up to help him sit down. I let him lean against my shoulder while I looked at the cuts and bruises on his body.

“Did you fall into a drain or something?” I asked.

“Something like that.” He muttered, eyes closed.

“What happened?” I asked again.

“Later. I’ll tell you later.” He said, closing his eyes.

“Jun ah~” He finally spoke after an awkward silence.

“Hmm?” I responded.

“I didn’t mean to tease you just now. You’re not ugly. You’re very handsome.” He said.

I let out a chuckle.

“I’m serious, Jun ah~” He said.

“Alright.” I muttered.

“You don’t trust me?” He asked, looking at me.

“I trust you on everything but this, hyung. I’m ugly and I know it.” I said softly.

He sighed and lied down on my lap. We were engulfed in an awkward silence again. It is even more awkward now the fact he was lying on my lap.

“You’re not ugly - no even if you are, I still like. I like everything about you. All that matters is you’re pretty in my eyes. If others make fun of you, I’ll chastise them~” He started singing suddenly.

“EH?” My eyes widened.

“Shh!” He looked at me, frowning.

“Why are you so ugly? How did you do so bad? With one poke, I call you ugly~” He poked my stomach.

“Do you maybe know this truth? Hmm? Did you already know? I think of everyone, you’re the coolest.” He got off my lap and started dancing oddly in front of me.

“I like you, saying I like you. That phrase lingers near my mouth. It barely makes its way up to my throat. But when I see you, all these ugly words, fly out, fly out, fly out~” He almost went out of tune.

“Yes, you!” He slapped my thighs, startling me.

“You’re not ugly. No, even if you are, I still like. I like everything about you. All that matters is you’re pretty in my eyes. If others make fun of you, I’ll chastise them.” He winced and dance at the same time.

I wanted to stop him, but I would be lying to say if I was not enjoying it.

“You can do it! No, it’s okay even if you can’t. I like all the little things that you do. All that matters is you’re cute in my eyes. If others make fun of you, I’ll chastise them~” He pinched my cheeks.

“I like you, saying I like you. That phrase lingers near my mouth. It barely makes its way up to my throat. But when I see you, all these ugly words, fly out, fly out, fly out~” He really went out of tune this time.

I laughed loudly, but shut up at his glare.

“Yes, you!” He went from glaring to being cute again suddenly. How did he do it?

“You’re not ugly.  No, even if you are, I still like. I like everything about you. All that matters is you’re pretty in my eyes. If others make fun of you, I’ll chastise them. You can do it! No, it’s okay even if you can’t. I like all the little things that you do. All that matters is you’re cute in my eyes. If others make fun of you, I’ll chastise them~” He continued to sing and dance as though his body did not hurt anymore.

“Dear ugly~” He cupped my cheeks.

“Aigoo~ So tired~” He collapsed onto the grass.

“Hyung~ How could you do this?” I pouted.

“What?” He looked at me, eyes wide.

“How could you rub salt into my wound by calling me pretty? Like as if being called ugly is not enough.” I said.

“I ALREADY CHANGED PART OF THE LYRICS TO SUIT YOU, WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT!? PLUS I AM HERE DANCING AND MAKING A FOOL OUT OF MYSELF!” He yelled.

“Okay, okay, okay~ Shhhh~” I covered his mouth, laughing at his outburst.

He smacked my hand away and made faces at me.

“Thank you, hyung.” I smiled, hugging my knees.

“Don’t look at me like that. Gosh~ Are you a girl?” He asked.

“How do you expect me to react after you did such a cute thing?” I , knowing how much he hated to be called cute.

“Aish!” He kicked me.

“You’re really cute, hyung~” I continued to , pinching his cheek.

“YAH! How dare you!” He frowned.

“But really, Jun ah, you’re not ugly. That is blind. Her eyes are like made of plastic. It’s just for decoration purposes. She can’t actually see with it.” He said.

I laughed picturing her with those plastic eyes.

“Smiling already?” He asked.

“Sorry for being rude to you just now.” I said.

He responded with a wave of his hand.

“What happen to you, hyung? Why are you so injured? Did you fight for the chicken sandwich with some poor kid in the cafeteria?” I .

“Don’t you dare talk about chicken sandwich.” He glared at me.

“W… why?” I asked, confused.

“I DIDN’T GET TO EVEN FINISH MINE BECAUSE OF YOU!!!” He yelled.

“Oh!” I laughed.

“And it was so yummy.” He pouted, looking so upset to the point it was cute.

What a lie, Seungho hyung, claiming to be a man with no aegyo~

***
tumblrmksd17ahqg1s0vgaf.gifWhen Seungho started singing

tumblrma7hta4j6q1rrxzru.gifSeungho's random dance while singing

tumblrmbxxwhyhtg1rrcdqv.gifJunhyung: What a lie, Seungho hyung, claiming to be a man with no aegyo~

***
The reason why you have this fic is really only because of this song hahahaha I love it so much ><