Humiliated

Dear Ugly

Junhyung’s POV

“Excuse me? What?” She mocked, walking towards me with her group of friends.

“I said… I like you.” I said, handing her the bouquet of red roses I bought timidly.

She burst into laughter together with her friends.

She is one of the popular girls in school, and to add to that, very rich too. I should not be confessing to her. Who am I to even dare like her? I am making a fool out of myself. But my parents always taught me that sincerity could be felt no matter what. Not in this case, I guess.  

“It was a sincere confession.” I said under my breath.

“Excuse me, what? Speak louder please. You want to be my boyfriend and yet you speak so softly? Oh my god.” She said.

“He said, it was a sincere confession.” One of her friends said.

“Ahh~ Sincere. But, what’s that? Is that something we can eat?” She asked.

“You know, Yong Junhyung. It’s okay to be ugly, but ugly and thick skinned; it’s really the worst combination ever.” She said.

I should glare at her. I should give her a slap. But why am I scared? Why am I not doing it?

“You know what, take this and go back to your world. Disgusting.” She scoffed.

“As expected from an ugly person like you, ugly flowers too.” She mocked, causing laughter from her friends as well.

I clenched my fists tight when she shoved the bouquet of flowers into my face. She pushed passed me, leaving me standing in the middle of the corridor looking like a fool with rose petals all over me.

“Hey, Ugly! You can’t sell flowers here, you know.” One of the popular boys mocked me.

I bit down hard on my lower lip, not allowing myself to shed a single tear. I felt so humiliated I wanted to jump off the building this instance, but I ended up walking to the cafeteria instead. From afar, I saw Seungho hyung enjoying whatever he was eating. He looked so happy eating. I would be happy too, if I did not do such a dumb thing.

“Jun! You’re here!” He grinned when he saw me.

I sat down across him.

“This chicken sandw…” I interrupted him before he could finish.

On usual days, I would never dare to do something like that. But today, I just had to.

“Hyung, can I ask you something?” I asked.

He nodded in response.

“Am I very ugly?” I asked.

He let out a cheeky smile, and then nodded.

“Enjoy your lunch.” I said quietly before grabbing my bag and leaving.

He was teasing me, I could tell, but I was not in the mood for teases. Could he not tell by my looks? Or is he not teasing me at all? Does he actually mean it? Even Seungho hyung finds me ugly?

“JUN!! JUN!! JUN!!!” I heard him shout after me.

I lowered my head and quickened my pace.

“JUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!” He grabbed my arm, turning me to face him.

“Hey! I was just teasing you! What’s wrong?” He asked, worry spelled all over his face.

I shook my head, still looking down.

“Tell me!” He forcefully pushed my chin up so I would be facing him.

“Nothing! I’m ugly, right!? Then stay away from me!” I pushed him roughly.

“HEY! What the hell is going on!?” He pushed me against the wall, pinning me in place.

 “You confessed to her?” He asked.

I looked away angrily, saying nothing.

“I told you not to! I warned you that she’s a nasty , didn’t I!?” He shouted at me.

“Yea, yea! You warned me but I didn’t heed your advice and got humiliated! Are you happy now!? That you’re right and I’m wrong!? Almighty Yang Seungho! Should I applause you!?” I yelled into his face.

He glared hard at me.

“Why do you even want to befriend an ugly looking freak like me?” I muttered under my breath as I pushed pass him.

He did not follow. I must have angered him very badly this time. Yong Junhyung, look what you have done? You are going to lose your only friend as well. Excellent job~

***
tumblrma0aos2hx61rrxzru.gifSeungho: This chicken sandw…

tumblrml5yqxa8ck1ry0752.gifJunhyung: Almighty Yang Seungho! Should I applause you!?