Chapter 28. The Kiss

The Lion's Lioness

Melody laughed softly at Eunkwang’s joke. He really was just as adorable in person as he seemed.

While the others were off doing something she had sent him a message on Kakaotalk to see if he might be interested in going over the song again. She was surprised that he had messaged back right away and asked her to come up to the rooms he was staying in with the others. Jiyong-ah and Rain oppa were also there she saw after she had quietly knocked and Eunkwang had let her in.

 

After practicing for a bit Melody realized she had missed a call and saw it was Jennie.

The four of them were on speaker phone with her right now discussing tomorrow’s line up.

“Rain after 4D performs their song, I’d like for you and Trina to do yours. Did you actually decide which song you are going to be doing?”

“Ah, ne, Trina and I decided we are going to sing “If I have a love”. It should be quite fun, she does well singing it.”

Melody gave him a thumbs up and he shook his head and smiled.

“Alright then, after I would like BTOB to perform a song and then Eunkwang, I’d like for you and Melody to follow. We have one last minute group that will also be performing afterwards.” Jennie’s voice had an odd sound to it but Melody figured she must have been entering a low service area.

She failed to see the hard look that passed between the three men above her head as she made notes on a pad of paper.

“We will wrap up with everyone being on stage and having a short question and Answer session if that is agreeable with all of you? Like last year, the following day will start out with cover groups that have signed up.”

Melody flinched involuntarily to the remark about last year. She still felt weird being here and not remembering being such a part of it last year.

She looked down in surprise when someone took her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

She raised wide startled eyes to meet Eunkwang’s gentle ones.

The understanding and compassion in his gaze was like a beacon in the dark and unconsciously she squeezed back.

Looking down at their hands she felt a rush of warmth towards her new friend. Naturally shy she had worried when she realized who her partner would be but Eunkwang had made it impossible for her to stay that way around him.

 

When Rain’s phone rang he smiled and said it was Angel before he excused himself.

Melody’s own smile became smug, although she was a little surprised that Angel was already calling him when they had just met, but looking down at her and Eunkwang’s hands together she realized she shouldn’t talk.

“Angel wanted me to tell you the girls were on their way back to the room.” Rain said as he sat back down.

“Ah, I probably should get back down there also.” She smiled sweetly as she thanked them all for the time they spent together and as she stood up they followed suit

Ever the gentleman Eunkwang insisted on escorting her to her room and as they stood outside her door Melody lifted her head to meet his eyes.

There was a surprising shyness to his gaze and it took her a moment to remember the cultural difference between them.

Her expression softened as she searched his eyes and saw a question there. It was a question she did not know if she could answer. Turning she put her card in the slot and opened the door. Reaching around to flip the door lock so the door wouldn’t close completely she turned back around to face him.

“Noona?” He asked quietly.

Slowly, so not to frighten him she leaned forward to kiss his lips lightly. “Gomawo.” She whispered in his ear before stepping back and with one last smile disappearing into the room.

 

Melody stood with her back braced against the door as her heart fluttered. Sliding down slowly she touched her warm cheeks and stared at the hand that had been holding Eunkwang’s earlier.

She wondered at the feelings going through her. Somehow she had thought that kissing him would be different then it had been. Granted she had caught him unaware and had broken contact before he could kiss her back but…she had thought she would feel something more. It hadn’t been unpleasant but, after liking him for so long she thought there would have been some type of spark, something similar to when she had been with Chayton.

Instead she felt like she had kissed one of her good friends.

A sob slipped past her lips. Was she unable to really love anyone again? She cared deeply for Eunkwang and yet her body betrayed her and she found no passion with him.

An overwhelming sadness swept through her. Perhaps Chayton had truly been her soul mate and now she would never know that kind of love again.

Sadly she got up and went to get ready for bed. She may not have love but she did have her singing and dancing and she had a long day tomorrow.

 

Eunkwang touched his lips shocked, although he had wanted it he had never expected she would kiss him.

He felt a little tingle still where her soft lips had pressed against his own and there was a smile on his face as he turned to head back upstairs.

The smile disappeared as he saw who was standing at the end of the hall…