Chapter 29. Protecting the Lioness

The Lion's Lioness

The rest of the 4D members and Angel were staring at him in shock but it was the faces behind them that made his face drain of color. Minhyuk stood next to the two men he wanted to see the very least at this moment, N and Leo.

 

Yhinny kept glancing back and forth at Eunkwang and Taekwoon shocked, and worried.

It had been obvious that Melody had kissed Eunkwang but it had also been obvious he didn’t seem to mind.

She bit back a sigh, she couldn’t blame Melody. She had no memory of Taekwoon and she had liked Eunkwang first to begin with.

Yhinny had known the two groups were friendly but until this moment she had not known how much. It seemed from N and Leo’s expressions that Eunkwang should have known better.

Summer looked at her and it was obvious she was about to cry. Yhinny didn’t blame her. She wanted to cry too. It wasn’t fair. Just when everything seemed to be getting back the way it should something happened.

She looked up when Angel cleared .

 

“Well now, I think it’s best we all get to bed girls. There is a lot to do tomorrow.” Angel said as she herded the girls down the hall towards the room. Stopping outside the door she placed her hand on Eunkwang’s shoulder.

When he looked down at her in confusion she smiled gently and gave his shoulder a little squeeze.

“You made her really smile for the first time in a long time. Thank you for that.” Glancing over her shoulder at N, and Leo who had also walked closer she frowned at them before turning back to Eunkwang.

“You should get up to bed yourself young man. You also have a big day tomorrow…with Melody.” She knew the next words she was going to say were going to be harsh but they were truthful.

Shooing the other girls into the room she promised she would be right in before she closed the door and looked at the four men standing before her since Minhyuk had also come down the hall to stand beside Eunkwang.

“Melody has been hurt enough, you all have no idea just how much she has suffered and how much she still suffers. Perhaps it is needed to remind you,” she said looking at N and Leo, “She has no memory of you all right now. I know not what her fate is but I do know she has been given a chance with a man she does know and remember fondly.”

“Before you say or do anything perhaps you should think about that. Now I am going inside and I’d like to please ask you all to not linger in the hall in case she comes out.” She looked at them levelly, “Unless you don’t care about her health…” The barbed words stung as she said them and she flinched inwardly at her cruelty.

She shook Minhyuk’s hand and nodded towards Leo and N. Unable to help herself when she saw Eunkwang’s bemused expression she smiled and patted his cheek before going inside and closing the door.

Poor thing was probably so confused over who she was. She had known who he was the moment she saw Melody kiss him, it wasn’t until she was in the middle of her rant out in the hall that she had remembered he had never met her.

A small smile crept across her face as she walked down the hall towards the bedroom she was sharing with Melody. The girls had all insisted she stay with them and Summer and Trina had offered to share a bed in the connecting room so Yhinny could sleep in the other one.

The door connecting the two rooms was open but the lights were off in the other one and it was quiet. Stepping into the bedroom she saw Melody laying on her back staring at the ceiling.

“Mel? Everything okay?”
A heavy sigh came from her friend and Angel turned off the overhead light since the lamps by the bed were on.

“I kissed him Angel.”

Feigning innocence she asked who.

“Eunkwang. I kissed Eunkwang.” Melody groaned as she dragged a pillow over her face.

The rest of what she said was muffled by the pillow but it sounded like she was worried she had ruined everything by doing it.

Sitting on the bed Angel smiled, “I doubt it Mel. How was it?”

Melody sat up and stared solemnly at her friend. “It was nice but it wasn’t like it was with Chayton.”

“Oh honey.” Angel said as she went over to sit next to Mel and hug her. “I know you loved him but maybe you are expecting too much from one little kiss. Remember you told me that your love for Chayton grew over time. Perhaps the same thing will happen with Eunkwang.”

 

Tilting her head to one side Melody considered this and nodded in agreement. Hugging Angel goodnight she waited until Angel was all settled in bed before turning off the lights.

Angel was probably right; she didn’t know why she expected so much from a first kiss. Mentally shrugging she closed her eyes. Just before sleep claimed her she knew why she was expecting more… because she had experienced it with Leo.

Although the name meant nothing to her, as she drifted off she remembered a fierce kiss that she had felt to her very toes…