reconciliato

Discidium

 

Sungmin found himself staring at the wall where hundreds of names were listed after the Korean war ended. Along the border of Panmunjum, a large rock wall was built and both sides listed names of brave young souls who fought for the sake of their government's visions.

840824-Kim Jongwoon

Sungmin looked at the name with longing, a name he'll never forget. Friends told him to move on but how can he move on when he lost half of his life? People say it is rather easy to moveon with life but they didn't lose a lover! They can never feel the loss that he was feeling right now. He ran his finger across the engraved name and closed his eyes, momentarily breathing the air around him.

"I can't believe you broke your promise" Sungmin muttered before removing his finger and tucking it inside the pocket of his coat. He sighed deeply and looked up at the sky. He saw the peaceful clouds roll by and mustered a smile.

"I hope you're happy wherever you are." Sungmin whispered to the wind. He closed his eyes and breathe in the air.

"Excuse me." Sungmin was startled by a sudden voice. Sungmin looked at the person and  saw a young fellow, maybe a year younger than him.

"I didn't mean to scare you but you seem to love that person dearly." The young lad said and Sungmin nodded

"i'm sorry for intruding. By the way, I'm Ryeowook"  the guy named Ryeowook extended a hand which Sungmin shook. Then Ryeowook pointed at a name near Kim Jongwoon's name.

"Kim Youngwoon is my cousin." Ryeowook muttered and Sungmin pointed at his lovers' name.

"I'm Lee Sungmin and Kim Jongwoon is my lover."Sungmin muttered bitterly and Ryeowook gave him a pat on his shoulder.

"You must really love him. I'm very sorry for your loss." Ryeowook sadly remarked and Sungmin sighed.

"Everybody is sorry about me losing him but no one can understand what I  am really feeling. Thank you for your sympathy but.." Sungmin muttered, a  hint of bitterness in his words.

"I understand you perfectly because I almost lost my boyfriend in a pointless war. He was saved by a Korean soldier to whom I am grateful for." Ryeowook blurted out.

"You almost lost your boyfriend.." Sungmin pointed at the younger. "I lost mine completely." Sungmin emphasized his words and Ryeowook nodded.

"I will not force you to move on. I am just here to pay my respect to all those who sacrificed their lives for our country; my cousin and  your lover were one of them." Ryeowook smiled then bowed at Sungmin before leaving.

Sungmin sighed and closed his eyes. Maybe that Ryeowook guy did know what it's like losing someone, eventhough his was an almost separation. Sungmin waked away gloomily and thought of their reunion, maybe in the after life, they'll be reunited and they'll still fall madly in love with each other. He sighed even more and started to hum a sad song. Would you know my name, if I saw you in heaven?

...

Sungmin found himself driving towards the border with flowers and offerings on his passenger seat. 100 days had exactly passed and numerous public commemorations where done including a concert at Incheon. But Sungmin wanted to celebrate it in a more meaningful way: to visit his lover. He had carried everything out after he parked and walked towards the wall where his lover's name was engraved. He was smiling now, reminding himself that Yesung would have wanted him to smile eventhough he was hurting. He walked peacefully and there were only a few people who visited the place.

A few meters away from the wall, he saw a figure who closely resembling his Yesung. He squinted his eyes to see if the man was in fact his lover. His eyes widened and he wanted to cry. He took quick steps forward but stopped a few feet away from the man when a foreign guy took him by the hand and led him towards the other way.

Sungmin was surprised and hurt. He dropped the things he was carrying as the tears involutarily flowed down his eyes. The two men heard the breaking bottle of soju as it hit a rock and glanced towards the source.

"Sungmin?" The taller muttered and Sungmin, finally gaining enough strength to move, ran away.

"Sungmin wait!" The man chased after Sungmin but the latter refused to stop. Sungmin cried non stop as he ran as fast as his feet could take him. His eyes were clouded with tears, blurring his vision completely; making him trip on a fallen branch. He went tumbling down, scraping his elbows and tanggling his foot on the branch. He cried at his pathetic life.

"Sungmin!" A voice so familair rang in his ears as he was caught in a tight embrace. Sungmin pushed the man away as he continued to cry.

"I hate you! You broke your promise and you replaced me that quickly?" Sungmin screamed at the man.

"Hyung, is he Lee Sungmin?" Sungmin heard the foreigner asked in perfect Korean.

"Yes Henry, he can prove my identity." Sungmin then looked at the two with confused puppy eyes and his lover chuckled at how fragile his bunny was. He removed the branches and carried Sungmin, bridal style.

"Put me down Kim Jongwoon!" Sungmin screamed but the man in question just shook his head.

"If you let me explain I'll put you down." Yesung said and Sungmin nodded, he put him down.

"Lee Sungmin, nice to meet you hyung." the foreign guy extended a hand.

"And you are?" Sungmin asked and the guy introduced himself as Henry, a soldier from the Canadian force sent to aide in the Korean War. Henry instructed Sungmin to drive to Incheon were the US military base was located and there they will explain everything, Sungmin merely complied.

"I'm really glad that we found you." Henry muttered as he led Sungmin inside an office, where Yesung was already waiting.

"So?" Sungmin said as an awkward silence enveloped them.

"Ye-hyung is my savior. I was a goner but he saved me. and he ended up being shot." Henry muttered and Yesung just nodded.

"So are you two going out now?" Sungmin asked with an exhasperated tone and the two laughed.

"I lost my tag when we were being carried to safety. I cannot prove my identity to them so they kept me captive until I can prove that I am from South Korea." Yesung said and realizing that he was wearing Yesung military tag, he took it out from his shirt.

"You mean you lost this? It was given to Jongjin by your commandante" Sungmin told them.

"They believed that the NoKor threw your body at sea." Sungmin said, his voice cracked as he forced himself not to cry. Seeing his lover this sad, Yesung enveloped him in a tight embrace.

"I'm sorry." Yesung held back the tears, realizing how he hurt his precious Sungmin.

"I tried to tell them but I have no proof." Yesung muttered. He then forced Sungmin to look at him in the eye as he muttered those three words.

"I love you." Yesung said in his husky voice and Sungmin merely nodded as the tears flowed again. Yesung then leaned in for a sweet kiss. Sungmin wanted this for a long time, his lovers lips were as good as their last kiss and it didn't matter what happened in the past months because he was reunited with Yesung.

"Yesung I love you so much!" Sungmin poured out his heart as he cried in the arms of his lover, Yesung embraced him tighter.

Soon after the drama ended, Henry brought out some papers for Sungmin to sign. After the talk and praises, Yesung was released. Henry then handed him a  medal and smiled.

"For saving my life hyung." Henry muttered with a smile.

"Oh Sungmin hyung, I guess I need to introduce my boyfriend to you." Henry muttered as he run towards a smaller guy and dragged him towards the couple.

"You may have met him, Sungmin hyung. This is Wookie and he.." Sungmin cut him off as he gave Ryeowook a hug. Ryeowook was surprised but he hugged back.

"I'm sorry i wasn't able to tell you directly. I was afraid that Yesung's life would be in jeopardy if I reveal it prematurely." Ryeowook muttered and Sungmin shook his head.

"It's my way of thanking you both for saving Henry's life. I wouldn't know what to do if I lost him." Ryeowook muttered which earned a kiss from Henry, Ryeowook blushed instantly.

"Thank you." Sungmin muttered sniling brightly than before. Then the two couples parted.

...

Sungmin found himself enveloped in a scorching heat as Yesung stare at him. They looked perfect this way.

"You look so beautiful Sungmin." Yesung muttered, serious eyes piercing the very core of Sungmin.

"I love you." Sungmin replied and Yesung gave him a long and passionate kiss. they moved as one, poured out the longingness they felt for each other and let it all out. They were reunited at last.

 



---

A/N: First of all, Sorry for killing yesung in the previous update, I have to let out my angst so i wrote something unforgiveable.
2nd I hope this ending did not disappoint you and that it made up for the angstiness~
3rd, Bloodiehime12 dear, I hope you enjoyed the story i worte for you and thank you for inspiring me to write Yemin.
and lastly.. to all who patiently waited for the ending, thank you so much for subscribing and commenting! You don't know how happy you guys made me for just knowing people appreciate my writing^^