Revelation (part 1)

A little thing called 'HOPE'

Certains friends and readers keep urging me to update. It's been a while, mian. Here goes... chapter 3. 


Revelation (part 1)

Shim Changmin (28 years old)

 

Day 365

Weather: Sunny

I spent time with the famous prince of the school. And I get to know the prince real characters, he is really a nice person. Shim Changmin.

 Changmin-ah, if we had met earlier, will you still become my friend? And can we still spend our time together like that? Umma was really happy when she met you, she said you’re such a good friend to me. For carrying me all the way back home, I couldn’t thank you enough. I must have been heavy, right? Changmin-ah, did you know? You have a really board shoulders. You’re going to be someone really great someday. And your back, is really warm Changmin. You’re really a warm person.                        

Changmin-ah, I think I’m going crazy. Just because we spend time together, I felt like I’m falling for you. My head keeps thinking about you. It weird, right? I’m not supposed to feel that way toward you right? But Changmin-ah, I think I really am falling to you.

I hope we could make more memories together. Thanks to you. I’m really looking forward to go to school tomorrow.   

 

 Changmin smiled softly as he closed a small red journal with a neatly written ‘Kim Jaejoong’s private’ on it. He recalled back of the past he shared with the owner of the diary.

 

“Jaejoong-ah, are you happy, up there?” He said as he looked up the stars. It was night time and Changmin just got off his work. He went to his usual favorite place, it was a small hill, located nearby the Seoul city, but from there, he could see the whole view of Seoul. At night, it’s the best view ever.

“1,500 seongbaenim.”

“Jae Hyung”

“Kim Jaejoong.”

“Jae.”

“Joongie.”

Slowly tears started to fall again. He couldn’t even count how many tears had already fallen but he could never control himself over matter like this. He let it all out as he was all by himself. He knew, no matter how many times he called for him, there won’t be anyone to answer him back. Why? Cause that person he was calling for was no longer there.

“Jae, did you know? You really mean, you left me without even letting me say goodbye.”

‘If I told you the truth, will you say goodbye Minnie? You’re too good to me, I don’t want to keep on hurting you.’ He thought he heard Jaejoong’s voice whispered back into his ear as he imagine him in his 18-year-old self, sitting right next to him.

“That’s so like you Jae. You just like to keep all the things to yourselves. I knew it all along anyway. Jae, did you know? I knew about your illness way sooner than you know it. It’s the same that happen to my harabeoji. He left me because of that too. Now you’re doing the same to me.”

He sighed deeply as he kept on holding onto that red diary.

“Kim Jaejoong, I really miss you.”   

 


 

 

Changmin (17 years old)

 

Changmin saw Jaejoong paying for his food, it was during their lunch break. As he was about to greet the older lad, Jaejoong accidently bumped into someone else and spill all of his tray content onto the person he bumped into.

“I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean that, please let me clean that up for you.” He bowed deeply as he really didn’t mean for any of that to happen.

“Sorry? You think saying that will fix anything? If sorry is all that needed that why do we still have war?!”  The other person seemed to be really pissed off. He grabbed onto Jaejoong’s collar and was about to punch him when Changmin took the blow instead.

Changmin spitted the blood out and he stared at the person that had just punched him as he moved Jae to his back, protecting him.

“That’s all you got. Some big words back then, too bad it didn’t fit your fist. Huh, sissy?” He smirked as he was challenging that person even more.

“It’s just a mere uniform. Why making a big fuss over it? Just send it to the dry cleaning and be done with that. He already apologized. Isn’t that enough?”

That person couldn’t held his anger anymore, first being humiliated by Jaejoong and now by the famous Shim, he couldn’t bottled in his anger anymore and send out another blow which Changmin easily ducked this time, he decided it was time to hit back. It’s not his way of doing things like this publicly, he still have an image he wanted to protect but as this involved an injustice  and bullies, Changmin couldn’t tolerate this.

 

Sure enough, the teacher came in and suspended those two for a week for fighting at school.

 


 

‘Ding, dong…’

Jaejoong pressed the bell on the Shim’s resident. It wasn’t that hard to find out where Changmin live. Asking around some of his friend will do. After two days of not seeing Changmin, Jaejoong decided to pay him a visit. He is responsible for the punishment of Changmin had to go through anyway, so it would only fair if he visited him as well.

“Who is it?” It was an ahjumma’s voice, probably their maid. He thought to himself.

“Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Kim Jaejoong and I’m a friend of Changmin. Is he there?”

“Young Master? I think he’s in his room. Do come in.” Not long after that the door opened, revealing the old lady that he spoken just now. He entered the house and was amazed with the decoration. Changmin definitely a chaebol. The maid showed him his room.

 

Jaejoong entered and saw nobody was there, so he decided to seat down on one of the couch. He saw a picture frame on the coffee table and picked it up. It was a pictures of little Changmin, clinging tightly onto an old man, probably his grandfather.

 ‘Click’ He heard the bathroom door opened and turned around, only to find Changmin wearing only his towel around his waist.

He yelled in surprised and turned around while covering both of his eyes while Changmin was surprised that he wasn’t alone in his rom.

“Jae hyung? What are you doing here?” He ran over to his wardrobe and get dressed hurriedly, as he sensed the other wasn’t comfortable with him not properly clothed.

Still not turning around, Jae felt his cheeks blushed as he heard Changmin was walking around the room.

“I…I came cause I was worried about you.” His voice was shuttering.

“Really? Not caused you missed me?” He heard Changmin chuckled a bit.

“Ani, I lied. I wanted to see your face again. School without you is no fun Changmin. I know I would be the last person to ask you this, but please come back to school soon, neh? Everyone is waiting for you.” Jaejoong grabbed his bag and was about to head back to the door when he felt his wrist was being pulled, not letting him go.

“Hyung, where are you going? You just got here.” Jaejoong turned and saw that Changmin was already fully in his cloth, he sighed in relieves.

“Why? Is my body that bad to watch? Hyung, you’re not being shy are you?” Changmin decided to a bit more. He quickly shook his head and looked at him in the eyes.

“Ani, it’s not that, it’s just….” His eyes were diverted to the ground, lost of word. Changmin chuckled and patted the older head.

“I’m just joking hyung. Have you had dinner? Let have a meal together neh? Ahjumma cook is the best.” He smiled as he dragged Jaejoong along with him to the kitchen.  

 

They had dinner together as Changmin listened to Jaejoong’s stories on his day at school. Jaejoong isn’t usually the talkative type but just around Changmin, he felt free to express himself. Is it because the way Changmin treated him? Or is it because the way he always paid his full attention on him? It didn’t matter as long as he got him by his side.

 

 

“Min-ah, I think I should head home now.” Jaejoong entered the living room as soon as he was done cleaning up the kitchen and the dining table, he decided to help the ahjumma for cooking such a wonderful meals. He expected to see Changmin busy with his PlaystationIII but instead he saw a sleeping Changmin on the couch, sleeping ever so innocently like he didn’t know a thing about the world.

Jaejoong tip-toe to him, making sure he didn’t make any obvious noise to wake the other. He scrunched on his knee in front of Changmin’s sleeping face.

“~Aa, so this is what he looked like when he asleep.” He smiled to himself as he finger slowly tracing the boy’s feature.

“Forehead…. eyebrows …eyelids …nose …lips.” He felt nervous out of a sudden and was about to get up. He did that in the hurry that he didn’t realize how his footing was, and caused him to accidently slipped and fall on top of Changmin, with his lips meeting with Changmin’s.

He stood froze for a second. My first kiss. Changmin slowly regained conscious from his nap and just like an impulse, Jaejoong jerked away and got off him. Changmin rubbed his still sleepy eyes and yawned a bit.

“Hyung, what were you doing?”
“Nothing.” He looked away and acted innocent. Changmin-ah, you just took my first kiss, am I yours as well? But of course I’ll never tell you about this.

An awkward silence as he was thinking on how to avoid the subject further.

“It’s getting late. I’m going home Changmin. See you at school.”

“Wait. Let me walk you back.”

“Well………….    if you insisted.”

“You’re not going to reject my offer?”

“Should I? Besides it’s pretty lonely to walk alone anyway.” Changmin smiled his mismatched eyes and got up from the couch to grab his jacket, as Jaejoong was getting ready to leave.

 

They passed through a playground on their way to Jaejoong’s house. Jaejoong eyes were somehow kept on focusing on the playground that somehow it caught Changmin’s attention.

“You want us to stop for awhile and have a go on the playground?”

Jaejoong were a bit startled but smile to himself as he understood what the other was referring to.
“You wouldn’t mind? Yay!” And there he goes, going to the sliding, up to crawling monkey bars, and all the other sorts of things till his heart content. Changmin let him had it for ten minutes before he finally came to changmin who was only sitting on the swing as he watched him playing.

“Min-ah, you shouldn’t just watch, you just come and join me as well.” Jaejoong approached Changmin and sat on the empty swing right next to him.

“Didn’t have to, watching you play all by yourselves is enough to tell me how much fun it was. It was amusing. You’re amusing, Jae.”

“Sunbae. Jae Sunbae. What happen to the fact that I’m older than you?”

“Well you don’t act like one at the moment.” Changmin chuckled, as he was suppressing himself from laughing his heart out over the older boy’s reaction, which he found out to be so adorable. Jaejoong pursed his lips and puffed his cheeks, sulking from Changmin’s previous remarked. But then he just let him be, smiling himself as he found out how he could act so freely around Changmin. Then out of a sudden his smile dead, as if he remembered something painful in his thought.  

The atmosphere somehow turned from a peaceful cheerful atmosphere to a sudden dead quiet, like a heavy rock weight on the atmosphere. Changmin didn’t like it one bit, he was about to break the tension when Jaejoong suddenly stopped him.

“Changmin-ah, I’m sick.”

One word from Jaejoong that had caused Changmin to freeze. Sick. Of course he knew about that facts, Jaejoong’s symptoms said it all. But he stayed quiet, thinking about the best way he should react to the confession.

“Umma took me to the hospital last year.