The true face of the 'Prince'

A little thing called 'HOPE'

 

 

A group of boys were entering the bathroom as well. And just like an impulse, he pushed changmin into one of the cubicles to hide from them. Changmin couldn’t reason his action but he placed his finger on his lips, telling the boy to quite down which the boy compiled to it.

The sound of peeing and tap water running filled the bathroom.

“Hey did you heard? Apparently there’s currently ‘that’ kind of relation is going on around here.” One of them started talking.

“Yeah they said it is between a junior and a senior. Cool isn’t it? I wish I had one. That guy is so lucky, getting his hand on one of the famous catch.”

“Oh~ and who is this we’re talking about actually?” One of the guys said in a teasing tone.

“The shim and a certain Kim Jaejoong. Right any bell?” Then they all ended up laughing, while the two were in a mixed of feeling. Jaejoong couldn’t bare the feeling of guilt, he kept his gazed down, staring at his own feet while they both are still stuck together inside that small cubicle..

“I’m sorry, that you had to find out about it like this. It seems like there have been rumor about us….I…. I promise that I’ll stay far away from you from now on. I wouldn’t cause any….” He was about to complete his sentence when changmin covered his mouth using his palm, silencing him.

“No. I’m the one who should be sorry hyung. You’ve done nothing wrong. Let me handle this okay.”

Changmin smiled and patted Jaejoong’s head.

Somehow some time around, Changmin had grown taller, a bit taller than he is. Jaejoong felt a bit hopeless, but somehow he felt like he could trust Changmin, like that boy was really about to do something that was able to fix all of this.

 

 

Later that day….

 

“What the…what the heck are you doing here?” That boy yelled at Changmin as he snatched away the cigarette that he just put into his mouth. Changmin decided to pay a little visit to the seniors that were bad mouth about him and Jaejoong.

“Well, well if it isn’t the famous Shim” They snickered as the round up around him that didn’t cause the boy to flinch even a muscle.

“Heard that you’re rich. I’m sure you don’t mind to share some of it with us right. Oh and you owe me for that. ” He pointed at the cigarette that was still on Changmin’s hand before Changmin stepped on it and wiped off his hand from that. Never once he showed that he was afraid.

“Smoking is not good for your health. And I don’t think I owe you guys for anything, on the contrary, it seems like you’re the one that owe me something.” He crossed his arms and acted like a boss. Very true, underneath that top student role model he’s been putting up, Changmin had a side of him he never showed others. He’s pretty good in martial art and well won’t hesitated to use it if the situation calls for, and this just happen to be one of them. Of course nobody knows, why? Cause who would believe over those thugs when they bad talking about someone that everybody look up too. So that’s ends it.

The rumor was no longer heard.

 

 

 

Thing was starting to get harder and harder for Kim Jaejoong. Going to school was becoming a lot harder than before. Instead of just becoming a shadow to the classroom, he drove a lot of attention to himself, and he didn’t even ask for that. His walking style, the pace of each step he’s taken was getting slower, and slower than before. Some of his classmates even start to look down on him, as if he was just faking it. But the truth was he never did, it’s just how things are. He felt like if he doesn’t pay really close attention when he walks, he could fall any minutes, and falling would the last things he ever wanted because the last time he checked, his umma won’t stop being worried about his wound.

 

 

“Hyung, you’re going home?” Changmin ran a bit faster and outrun Jaejoong, startling the smaller lad. He almost made Jaejoong fall if it isn’t thanked to his quick reflexes and hold onto his waist before Jae fall down.

Feeling the awkwardness of the closeness between the two, Jae quickly loosen himself from him.

“Min. You startled me. A proper hello would be nice.”

“Really? I’ll keep that in mind then for the next time we met then. You’re heading home? ”

Jae nodded, decided that was the obvious thing to ask. Then Changmin held onto his arm firmly, stopping him from continued walking.

“Hyung, spend some time with me, ouh? I’ll treat you to a nice snack, neh? Kachi kaja!!!!!” Changmin yelped as he pulled Jae’s arm along with him, humming like a little school boy. Sensing that Changmin was so enthusiasm, Jaejoong couldn’t find the heart to reject the boy.

 

“Eat this hyung, the pudding here is the best! Trust me.” Changmin took the first bite before spoon-feed Jaejoong.

“It’s good, right?” He showed him his kind smile at him again.

 

Next, not enough with those snack, Changmin decided to play around the game arcade, where they went for a few round on the racing game, street fighting. It was only when it was dinner time that Changmin decided to send Jaejoong back. They walked together back when Changmin saw that Jae was getting a bit sleepy and the way he walked made Changmin felt a little bad for dragging him here and there, all over the places that day.

“Sleepy?” He received a nod from Jae. Changmin takes that as a yes and scrunched down in front of him, giving him his back. 

“Come on, hop on.”

“You can’t be serious right? You’re giving me a piggy-back-ride? But I’m older.”

“Come on Jae-hyung, what does that even matter anyway. You’re tired, just let me lend you a hand.” He hesitated at first, but he decided to comply too it. He doubtfully placed his hands on Changmin’s shoulders and lends his body closer towards Changmin’s back. Like an impulse, Changmin holds tighter on Jae’s thigh to make sure he didn’t fall, before he finally begin to walk again, following Jaejoong’s direction to his home. 

It was a still silent between the two of them before Jaejoong finally decided to break it.

“Thank you, for today Changmin. I had a great time.”

“You’re welcome hyung. I’m glad you like it. We should do this again some times.”

“Neh….” A silence fell upon them again.

“Why are you being so nice to me Changmin?”

“Hm~” Changmin made and animated face, like he was thinking something really hard. “If I tell you hyung, then you’re going to cry. Today, we stop here okay?”Changmin smiled as he continued their way, carrying Jaejong on his back.

“Changmin, do you…think that I’m weird? The way I’m walking and moving from one place to another? I’m not faking this you know? It just something I can’t control. I don’t like their stares on me, like I’m some kind of freak.” Tears were already fallen and Jaejoong lets it wetting Changmin’s school uniform while he continued to pay attention to Jaejoong’s ranting.  

“Hyung, don’t get scare of going to school. Just ignored those bullies, they can be really a really jerk sometimes. Whenever you feel like giving up, held your head up and keep looking forward. Or if things get too hard for you, you can always look for me, okay? I’ll promise I’ll help you in any way that I can.”

Jaejoong held onto Changmin tighter from his back, somehow he felt the warm and comfort he was carving for, it’s something that his family can’t provide him, a comfort from a friend. No one had ever treated him that nice, especially the people at his school. Being told those kind words from a person he just met a few times made him relief. But at the same time he felt his heart was beating like crazy.

This person is really warm. I was so wrong about him before, I thought he was a snob brat, but turn there’s a human inside him as well. He’s not that bad. I wonder, if only I really did pay a closer attention to him before, maybe we could had been a close friend.  

 

 

“We’re here, hyung.” Changmin stood in front of Jaejoong’s house but Jaejoong was sound asleep, unaware of his surrounding as he was still being carried by Changmin on his back.

“Hyung?” He turned around and their faces was a mere centimeters away. Changmin saw the closed eyelids of the older lad as soft smile curved on his lips.

“So he felt asleep, I guess he must have been tired.”

As Changmin was about to press the door bell, an ahjumma opened the front door to him. Judging by her look, she must had been Jaejoong’s umma.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo ahjummanim. Shim Changmin imnida. I’m Jae hyung’s friend, please to meet you.” He greeted her and tried to bow but the weight on his back made it difficult.

“Omo, you’re carrying him on your back? Is he sick? Did he faint?” The lady quickly panicked  and tried to check on him when Changmin calmed her down.

“It’s alright, Jae-hyung is just asleep. Can you show me his room? I’ll just put him there and left really soon afterward. Sorry to come here out of a sudden.” He bowed apologetically to her.

“No, it’s not a bother at all, I should be the one thanking you Changmin. Let me show you where it is.”

And just like that, she leaded him to Jaejoong’s bedroom where Changmin entered and carefully tucked him in bed.

 

 

“Then I guess, I should be leaving now ahjumma. It was nice meeting you again.” Changmin final bowed as he made his way back to his home, leaving the Kim’s resident.