Chapter 1

What I Live For

I've spent all of my weekends at the dance studio just to watch him. His every move has me burning inside with the thrill to move again. The music suddenly stopped and the next thing I knew, he was making his way to the door - the door that I was staring through. It opened and he stepped out smiling. Oh, he knew all this time.

"I assume you're here because of me and not because you want this room." He said, wiping the sweat off his forhead with the towel around his neck.

My face reddened but I let out a chuckle. "Darn, you caught me." I held out my hand, "Park Soyeon."

"Kim Yukwon." He said, shaking my hand. "Why don't you come in?" I followed him back inside and we sat on the bench. "Do you dance, Soyeon?"

I gave him a sideways glance and a small smile. "I used to. It's been a while."

"Oh? Why'd you stop?"

I let out an uneasy laugh. "Oh, you know, just..stuff."

He raised an eyebrow at me, an action I knew all too well when someone didn't believe me. However, he just shrugged it off. Only a few seconds passed by when all of a sudden, he jumped up and ran to the radio. "My teacher is here so I'm going to act like I was dancing."

Yukwon began to move just as the door flew open and in walked someone I was very surprised to see. "Yukwon-ah!" The man spoke. "You're still dancing? Take it easy man!" He walked over to Yukwon and patted him on the back. "Working hard as always."

Yukwon let out a nervous laugh as he looked at me. The man seemed to notice this and turned around facing me. "Woah! Soyeonnie! What are you doing here?"

"I'm just here. Is that a problem, brother?" I simply asked as a smile spread across my lips.

"Of course not, my dear sis!" He laughed.

Then Yukwon spoke up. "Hyung, that's your sister?!"

~

The door creaked as I opened the door.

"Oh, Soyeon~ You're home?"  Jintae greeted as I walked into the living room, setting my bag down. He was on the couch with Yukwon beside him, watching people dance on tv.

"No, brother. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't home." I replied, rolling my eyes. I gave Yukwon a small smail and waved to him. "Hello, Yukwon-ssi."

He waved back and grinned as my brother said, "I saw that coming." He let out a chuckle. "Wanna watch with us?" 

I shook my head and walked to the kitchen rummaging the fridge for food. A sigh escaped my lips. "Oppa! There's nothing for me to cook dinner with! Could you go out and buy some food?" I shouted, flipping out a pen and paper from the kitchen's island table and writing down what I need. I handed him the paper as he started to look over my shoulder. I hate it when he breathes down my neck. 

"Alrighty~ I'll be home soon! Yukwon's staying for a while before mom and dad comes home, so keep him company." He stated, walking out the door after giving Yukwon a curt wave.

I made my way to the couch and sat next to Yukwon. "What are you watching?"

"Some dance show that your brother made me watch." He chuckled. As if his face wasn't cute enough. "He's helping me practice for the big dance competition in Hongdae."

A grin spread across my face. "A dance competition?! That's exciting! I used to take part in some. My brother helped me with that too." I laughed. "Hey! If you want, I could also help you whenever my brother's busy! I may not dance anymore but I still know some moves."

His face lit up and he grinned. "Really? That would be great! Thanks, Soyeon!"

~

My alarm clock rang to no end as I grunted, dragging myself out of bed, and hitting the snooze button. The house was really quiet as I sat on the edge of my bed, my eyes barely open.

"SOYEEEEEON~"

I take the "quiet" part back.

Jintae barged in grinning. "Soyeonnie~ Do you love your big bro?" He sang.

I merely stared at him tiredly. It's 6am. Why the heck is he so giddy? Wait. "Did you change my alarm time?!"

He chuckled and peered at my face, pointing at my eyes. "Eww, you still have eye crusts." He said, obviously avoiding my question.

I swatted his hands away and huffed. "I just woke up! Now, did you change my alarm??"

A smile played on his lips. "Of course! I needed a favor. Drive me to Yukwon's house so we could pick him up and then you could drop us off at school."

He's kidding right? I wake up an hour early just so he could tell me to drop him off at school? No way. I can't believe this. "What happened to your car?!"

He shrugged. "I took it to the shop yesterday to get it fixed so I don't have a car. So will you do it? Remember, as a teacher, I need to get there early." He flashed me one of his smiles that he considers, 'one that will kill a girl's' hearts.' I still don't understand why he doesn't have a girlfriend.

My face scrunched up. "Ew, don't do that! Use it to get a girlfriand, man."

My brother then used aegyo. "Come on, please?"

I sighed defeatedly. "Fine. Just..get out so I can get ready." When he left the room, I mumbled under my breath, "Gosh, big brothers and their car troubles."

After I finally washed up and made myself look presentable, I headed downstairs and grabbed a muffin that mom left on the table. Taking a bite, I took my backpack, slung it over my shoulder, and grabbed my keys. "Come on! You don't want to be late do you?"

 

We finally reached Yukwon's house just as my brother's phone rang. I noticed how his eyes lit up. Before I honked my horn, he stopped me. "Why don't you go get him for me?"

My mouth hung open. "Why me?"

As a way of ignoring my 'insignificant' question, he answered the call, leaving me no choice but to trudge up Yukwon's driveway, towards his front door, and knocked on the door. A few seconds passed by and since no one answered, I rung the doorbell. Behind the door, footsteps were heard, and the door swung open, revealing a very pretty woman who looks not really older than me but I can tell, she is definitely a mother.

"Oh! Hello~ Can I help you, dear?" 

I bowed my head a bit. "Ah, yes. I'm here to pick up Yukwon? I'm supposed to give him a ride to school."

She smiled. "Are you his girlfriend? Oh dear, he never told me about this!" 

I blushed. "What? Wait, no! I'm only a-"

She shouted behind her. "YUKWON! Your girlfriend is here!" 

"-friend." I finished, blushing.

I peered over the woman's shoulder and saw Yukwon rubbing his ear. "Mom! You don't have to yell! I'm right here. And what girlfriend?"

His mother moved out of the way and the heat in my face rose. Yukwon simply had on a white tank and grey sweatpants, topping it all off with a black cap. I waved at him. "Hi.."

"Oh- mom?! She's not my girlfriend! This is Soyeon, my friend." He emphisized. I only nodded in agreement, trying so hard not to stare at him. I mean, does every dancer have a body like that?

"Oh please Yukwon-ah. And goodness! Put on a proper shirt, young man!" His mom exclaimed.

Yukwon sighed, held up the bundle of cloth in his hand, or rather, a 'proper' shirt, and slipped it over his head. "Happy, mom?"

She smiled. "Better. Now off to school you go~And here's your lunch!" She shoved a paperbag at him and whispered in his ear as he slowly walked out.

"Oh god, mom!!" I jumped in surprise and noticed how pink his cheeks were. Again, as if he wasn't cute enough.

"Now, now, don't you dare shout at me. Now, shoo. Get to school kids! Have fun~"

I smiled and bowed. "Have a good day!"

Yukwon and I walked down the driveway towards my car. "Sorry about my mom. She can get a little weird." He chuckled embarrassedly, rubbing the back of his neck.

We hopped into the car and for some reason, my brother was still on the phone, laughing here and there. I exchanged glances with Yukwon and we both shrugged. Finally, he hung up as I started the engine. 

"Hey, what took you so long?" My brother asked.

I looked in the rear view mirror where I saw Yukwon slouch. "My mother." He mumbled. He looked at me through the mirror and I quickled averted my gaze to the road, slightly blushing. 

'Oh boy. This is going to be a long day.'

~

"No."

"What? Why?"

I huffed. "Because, I still have guitar practice after school!"

My brother and I stood near my classroom's doorway with him begging me to go to the dance studio after school with him. "Come on! I already called your teacher telling her that you won't be coming. It's fine, I got it under control." I rolled my eyes. "Besides! Yukwon will be there!" He grinned.

I scoffed. "That's not a good enough reason."

"Sure it is! He told me that you went every weekend just to see him dance. That's a pretty good enough reason for me!" A few of my classmates walked by and smiled. I smiled back. "Soyeon, I know you like him." Now, you see, there's this lump in the back of my throat preventing me from speaking. My brother smiled slyly.

"Pfft, you don't know that! Look, fine! I'll go with you. Now, don't you have a class to teach?" I say, after finding the will to speak again.

My brother laughed. "Yeah, yeah. I'll see you later."

I rolled my eyes and mentally cursed him. He really needs to get a girlfriend and stop bothering me.