Time to open up

Mino ya Minho

Min

Jung wakes me up early in the morning. I open my eyes slowly, cringing at the light that streams through the open part of the curtains right on my face. ‘’Good morning! Wake up breakfast is ready!’’ Jung chimes happily while opening the curtains further, making me grown. I look at the time and it’s only 9 o‘clock in the morning. ‘Five more minutes…’ I say with desperation trying to hold on the sweet feeling of sleepiness. ‘’But today is the opening of my store,’’ she whines and I can already picture her pouting. I grin at the imagination and resist my bed with all my effort. Jung takes my arm as well and pulls me up from the bed. ‘’I even made your favorite dish, make sure it doesn’t get cold,’’ when I hear this a sudden desire comes up. Ah…. I’m really hungry!

While we’re eating on the table I examine Jung. She is silently eating while taking glances at her I-pad. It’s strange. Just yesterday she was about to break, but now she is her usual self. Jung notices me looking at her and her head to the side. ‘What?’

I shrug and focus on my own breakfast. I’m sure she is in the phase of denial. That was the first stage right in the Kübler-Ross model? Although I hope she won’t get into the fourth stage where she gets depressed…

A depressed Jung, that’s something next to impossible. But before that kind of thing actually really happens I need to find a way to get her closer to Jonghyun. One part of me doesn’t want them to reconcile. I’ve never liked him from the beginning. And what if he hurts her someday for real? But my conscience is pointing fingers at me angrily, mouthing that it’s partly my fault that everything turned out this way and Jung is hurting.

After an hour we arrive at the store and we have two hours left before the big opening begins. Jung runs excitedly from one side to the other to make sure everything runs smoothly. The big white stair is decorated with white and pink flowers. I look towards the entrance door. When the customers enter the store the red carpet will lead them towards the back of the store which later will be served as a warehouse. But right now that place is filled with high tables, chairs, food and music to welcome the guests. As they get comfortable there, they get to see the recent fashion shows of the new arrivals on flat screens hanging temporarily on the walls. Later they will be able to roam around the store to purchase clothes, bags, shoes and so on. Since the store has three floors, I’m sure a lot of people will get attracted to this place.

 

people that we hired for this day are preparing the food and some are cleaning. Just when I’m done checking the guest room (warehouse) I turn around only to come face to face with Minho, who was ready to greet me. I greet back, but the effect of the conversation from last night makes me flush a little. To make sure he doesn’t notice I quickly excuse myself and see from the corner of my eyes Jonghyun approaching Jung...

 

Yu Seol

My store seems to have taken a lot of interest. A lot of people are present today. Not bad for a start Jung! Everyone’s entertained. Next is the surprise I prepared for the ladies. In about 30 minutes, models will walk the catwalk down, wearing the wedding dresses and groom suits from this season which I designed. They’re going to like it I’m sure of it.

While I take a look of what needs to be done on the list in my hands, I’m slightly pulled back to face Jonghyun.
Well I did invite them, but I didn’t expect him to come after what happened the previous time.

I shrug his hand off trying to be careful not to make a scene on the opening day of my store.

‘Leave me alone Jonghyun, don’t ruin the most important day to me, just go watch the show quietly and don’t disturb me, I say while giving him the cold shoulder.

I turn around but this time he grabs me by my wrist without intensions of letting go. What?’ I say while gritting my teeth. Yu Seol let’s talk, we, um, I need to tell you something really important and I really need to tell you now.’

 

Min

I didnt get the chance to check up on Jung. I wonder if they're talking it out with Jonghyun right now. Just when I have some time to do so, someone grabs my arm and twirls me around. Ki Kwang looks at me happily. ''Ki Kwang what are you doing here?''
'Since I heard a great shop would open in the center of Seoul I had to check it out! However I'm more surprised to see you here.'
'This is my friend's store and I’m helping her out.' Ki Kwang's eyes beam when he hears it. 'How about you show me some of her collections?' He scoops closer while asking it. Someone coughs hard and stops in front of us. 'Min I need to speak to you,’ he says while ignoring Ki Kwang. I grit my teeth. Too many heavy things are happening around me right now since the last few days. Just today, only today I want to forget my own problems. ''Guys I'm busy, just enjoy yourselves and I leave the two alone.

 

Third view
'Look here, the moment you come she runs off immediately,’ Ki Kwang says disapprovingly. Minho growls at his retarded comment. 'Your presence already is disturbing to her.' 
Ki Kwang laughs while shaking his head. 'You're just scared that I might take her away from you, don't you? That's why my presence is disturbing you!'
Minho scoffs. 'You'll never be able to do that.'
'And why is that?' Ki Kwang watches him daringly.

'Because you're not me,’ Minho replies returning the stare challenging him silently. Then he leaves an infuriated Ki Kwang behind.

'Because you're not me,' Minho wonders if that's really true. He has a bad feeling about this.