Unexpected guest

Mino ya Minho

''Silence is a lot more than you think...''

Yu Seol

I'm alone, Min just left to arrange some papers about the flight back to Seoul and said that she can be back late. What can I do while I wait for her? "Hmm, watch TV or read, I need to do something to distract me from thinking about Jonghyun and Se Kyung."
The problem is that there's a lot to do, but I don't feel like doing anything and going out is a no go. I sit down on the couch and there are some books spread out on the table about aircrafts.
Min is such a messy girl she never sorts her stuff, while I'm the neat and organized one. I look around and I can see her stuff lying around the room. While I grab one of the books on the table  "Short recap, How to fly a Multi-Jet", I let out a small chuckle.
Wow a recap huh, which is more than 900 pages for only the technical data?
I open the book at an arbitrary page and read the first couple of sentences.  
"An aeroplane is a man made device designed to use natural forces to enable motion through the air. The forces acting on a plane, , drag, lift and weight needs to be balanced for a level flight. Bla, bla, bla, bla, the formula: Lift=CLift x 1/2Rho x V-squared x S with this formula and Load factor= wing loading in maneuver/wing loading straight and level is it possible to calculate how much is needed."

I stop reading it and close the book putting it away. It’s too boring and doesn't make sense to me anymore, how can she remember all these things? I'll never be able to understand her love for aircrafts and these complicated formulas. I lean my head back and watch the ceiling, my phone which is on the small table next to the couch is flashing indicating that there are unread messages, I choose to ignore them. Suddenly the doorbell rings snapping me out of my thoughts. Isn’t she back early?
I get up and make my way towards the door and open it. My face falls when I see him standing on the other side. “Hey, I didn’t get any messages back from you so I came to check on you,” he brightly beams. His smile which I like so much won’t leave his face. Don’t show it to me but to your loved one, I think begrudgingly. And his eyes shining brightly now focusing only on me… 
“Yu Seol? Are you okay? Yu Seol? You don’t look well. Is Min home?’’
I snap back from my thoughts and focus on him. I shake my head and he looks relieved. I swear I heard him say good she’s not home but too soft like a whisper. Before I can ask him to leave he puts his hand on the door and opens it further stepping inside. And he places his other hand on my forehead. “You don’t have a fever that’s good, come here” He pulls me inside, gripping my hand. I’m lost for words. How can he act like this? I gently push his hand away earning a surprised look from him, but he ignores it and gives me a slight push so I land on the couch. “Wait a second, I’ll be right back” he says and disappears. 
I hear water boiling and thee spoons clashing in cups. Not long after Jonghyun walks towards me with a tray with teacups on it. “Here this will warm you up and give you energy, secret recipe from the woman I love the most in the world,” he says while wiggling his eyebrows. I give him a doubtful look and purse my lips. “My mom,” he says with a smile and pushes the warm cup in my hand.   

 

Third view
Jonghyun needed to visit Jung today no matter what. Get some things straight with her. He needs to speak to her alone, but he’s afraid Min will get in the way, the previous time she threatened with only her fierce gaze. He stills get shudders when he recalls that moment. 
He calls Jung and sends her messages several times but she won’t reply to any of them. ‘’, he
gathers his courage and walks towards her apartment. ‘Please let Min be out, please,’ he prays. Today we’ll make progress, be brave Jonghyun and tell her.
He rings the doorbell and after a couple of seconds he hears footsteps coming closer. His heart speeds up a little. Please let it be Yu Seol. The door opens slightly and Yu Seoul peeks from the opening. Her face falls the moment she sees him, but recovers and puts on a blank stare. Jung who would smile and the aura she admits is now totally different. He needs to think of something soon. ‘Um hey, I didn’t get any messages back from you so I came to check on you.’ She’s not answering. If this continuous she’s going to ask him to leave. ‘Yu Seol. Yu Seoul?? Is Min home?’ He asks while tensing up. She snaps out of her thoughts and shakes her head.
Jonghyun notices she is in a bad mood and wonders if he’s the reason. He puts his hand on the door and pushes it open. With his other hand he feels her forehead. He’s relieved that she doesn’t have a fever. She puts his hand away. This is the first time she rejected any physical contact. Jonghyun is surprised by her behavior, but recovers quickly. He grabs her hand and pulls her towards the living room. A slight push and she falls on the couch.

‘Wait I’ll be right back’, he says and disappears into their kitchen.
He’s trying to win time by preparing tea which his mother made for him when he was down or stressed. This will help to lessen the mood. ‘Why am I this nervous? This will be officially the first time you’re going to confess. It’s normal.’
Jonghyun is in conflict with his thoughts.
And before he knows it the tea is ready and he tries to walk nonchalantly towards Yu Seol.
He puts the plate on the table and gives her the cup. She’s reluctant to accept it, but when she hears that it’s his mother’s special recipe she’s willing to take a sip. Her gaze is fixed on the cup and she won’t look at Jonghyun at all. The atmosphere in the room becomes heavier. He clears his throat and she looks up.

 

 

 

Chapter 16

 

Yu Seol

I look up at him. He obviously wants to say something, but I don’t want to be here right now or talk to him. Why can’t he just leave me alone? Go back to his girlfriend, I sneer.

Yu Seol my god is that jealousy? I get more irritated by my thoughts and let out a sigh.

 ‘What is it Jonghyun?’ I ask in a flat tone. He swirls around restless on the couch next to me. But nevertheless decides to get the thing off his chest.

 ‘Yu Seol look the thing is,’ he begins and looks up at me for a second and then concentrates on the caramel colored cushion under my arm, ‘Do you remember the day we met? I’m really grateful that I got to meet you trough Min.’ 

Yeah I also was happy to meet you Jonghyun. I thought my unreachable dream came true, I was too happy but I realized that when you’re too happy some bad things ought to happen, I forgot that you had a girlfriend. 

With time I gradually became fond of you, the way you smile genuinely. The way you give your all, if you want something you really want. Your power to cheer up the people or the way you gets along with a lot of people around you.’ His gaze burns into me. ‘Including me.’

I don’t respond and the silence drags on.

‘You know I found out something really important during our trip to Jeju’, he lets out a sheepish smile and scratches the back of his neck. He inhales and lets out a deep gush of breath, ‘it really is hard to say,’ he grins again.

‘Yu Seol,’ he grabs my ring finger and middle finger without being aware of it and plays with showing me his perfect white teeth, because he’s nervous.

My heart speeds up and I’m starting to feel uncomfortable. Is this going where I think it is? 

No Yu Seol, you know what happens when you get your hopes up too high, didn’t you learn from your lesson the previous time? My mind is starting to play a game with me.