Shine a light

Mino ya Minho

“The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth.”

Third view

Ki Kwang is overjoyed with the fact that she doesn’t remember last time anymore; otherwise she would have acted hostile towards him. Ki Kwang is genuinely interested in this girl.

And now she’s before him and he can almost touch her lips. His heart speeds up. This is so unusual for him. He brushes his lips slightly against hers inhaling her scent. Her lips are plump and warm despite the cold weather. ‘KiKwang,’ Min says softly. He leans a little back to look at her. ‘Yeah?’ He whispers softly, but also feeling a little unhappy about parting his lips with hers.

Suddenly she kicks him in his vulnerable spot. Ki Kwang bites his lip and falls on the ground while holding the place she hit severely. ‘What is that for?!’ he whimpers with a bewildered expression.

‘Do you really think I’ll fall for the same trick twice?’ She looks at him with a smirk. ‘You’re trying to take advantage of a girl who is suffering a memory loss? My, my, my, you’re such a bad boy.’

‘When did you-?’ Ki Kwang can’t even finish the sentence, because of the pain.

‘Thanks to you just now it all came back to me’, she kneels next to him and holds him under his chin. ‘This is payback from last time.’

 

Min

I let go of his chin and stand up fixing my dress. Ki Kwang begins to laugh. ‘You’re really something!’ He stands up as well and looks at me amused. ‘Since we’re even, we can make a clean start, right?’ I purse my lips. ‘Yeah, I guess so. See you later.’ And take my leave.  

 

Third view

‘So who was that girl?’ Na Eun asks when Minho comes back. Instead of answering he takes out his phone. Why did his mom leave the two of them like this? Na Eun sighs while picking on her food. ‘I thought Taemin would come too,’ she pouts.

‘Next time I’ll bring him too’, Minho answers absentmindedly.

Minho’s mom is trying to make him and Na Eun a couple. However they already have someone they like. He has tried to explain it to her several times, but she wouldn’t listen. ‘Can we leave?’ Na Eun asks apparently bored. ‘Of course’, he says and gestures at a butler.

 

Min

I get home tired. Jung is lying on the couch while reading something on her I-pad. ‘How did it go?’ she asks. ‘I didn’t eat anything’, I say while rummaging through the refrigerator, ‘we saw Minho with a girl, so I just left the place.’

‘What? With whom?’ she asks curiously. ‘Someone named Na Eun. I couldn’t care less right now’, I say annoyed and warm up the spaghetti Jung made.     

‘Na Eun as in Taemin’s partner from We Got Married?!’ Jung jumps up from the couch and takes a seat next to me while I’m devouring my dinner. She shows the photo of the girl I saw in the restaurant. ‘Yes that’s her.’

‘Maybe they went out to talk about business’, Jung says trying to comfort me, guessing my thoughts that’s running through my mind right now. I stay silent and Jung stops talking about it as well.

‘Say what happened yesterday’, I say while gauging her reaction. She stiffens a little, but composes herself quickly after. ‘What?’ She asks innocently.

‘You’re not telling me something. Is it Jonghyun?’ I guessed right, her face falls immediately.

‘I don’t want to hear his name anymore and it’s better if I don’t see his face either from now on’, she hisses. My eyes widen hearing her anger. She seldom gets angry, but when she does, it’s really bad.

Yu Seol breathes in slowly and then turns her attention towards me. ‘Yes, something happened…’

 

Third view

When Minho comes home he sees Jonghyun sitting on the couch looking at his phone. His expression is dull and he can feel his gloomy mood from this distance already. ‘Hyung, what’s up?’ Minho asks curiously while launching next to him. He looks up at him and opens his mouth, but then closes it again. ‘What happened to you?’ Jonghyun asks after a while instead.

Minho wants to tell him too, but the situation sounds really funny when you try to explain it. A misunderstanding piled up on another misunderstanding. They look at each other and they know that they are both in deep . They let out a deep sigh at the same time and look at their screen. Minho’s contemplating whether he should message Min and when he looks to his side Jonghyun is apparently doing the same.

‘Hyung, your situation isn’t that bad. Just go up to Yu Seol and say that she was the one that kissed you and you don’t feel anything towards her’, Minho explains simply.

Jonghyun snorts and adds sarcastically: ‘Words aren’t enough for girls to understand. She won’t believe me. If you saw how she lashed out at me just now you would gladly accept the situation you’re in with Min.’

Minho scoffs at his last comment. ‘She thinks I canceled our date to go out on a dinner with another girl. She literally caught me in the act.’

‘You really ditched Min?’ Jonghyun asks astonished. ‘Of course not! My mother set me up, but Min won’t believe me. Just like you said, words aren’t enough sometimes.’

After a few minutes Minho breaks the silence. ‘If words aren’t going to save us, then we should show it.’

‘I’ve tried it already…’ Jonghyun says quietly.

‘You did? And it didn’t work?’ Minho asks incredulously.

‘I confessed to her and also kissed her, but of no use’, Jonghyun says obviously hurt.

Minho face palms himself. ‘I mean it in a different way. Something to prove we’re innocent.’

‘Ah! I understand’, Jonghyun says back with his usual energy. Minho can see the fire burning in his eyes. ‘What are you planning again?’ Minho asks curiously, but also a little afraid of his yet to be revealed plan.

‘I will show her that my kiss with Shin Se Kyung didn’t mean anything’, he beams full with confidence. Minho looks at him apologetically. ‘There are some things you need to know. She thinks you’re together with Shin Se Kyung.’

Jonghyun’s watches Minho with a frown. ‘Why would she think I’m together with Shin Se Kyung? Is it because of the kiss?’

Minho decides to tell him about the luggage, Min’s misconception of Jonghyun and the lie Min told Yu Seol.