The Similarity

The Unexpected Twist

"AAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh" I scream and I cycle hurriedly to get away from whatever he is. I didn't even look back. Oh god please help me! If this a nightmare, please wake up! Wake up Lee Jong Suk!!!

after several minutes later...

Bammmm!!!!!

"ouchh..." I felt dizzy and my heads hurt. when I open my eyes...

"yah!!!! don't you know how to cycle properly?" My sister, soo jung yelling angrily at me.

Oh God! I was to scared that I didn't realize she was in front of me and I hit her bike with mine.

"i'm sorry, soo jung-ah.... are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

"okay? are you blind? my leg is bleeding you fool!" She scream and I can see her eyes teary.

"soo jung-ah... I'm really sorry... I was...."

"Shut up!! from now on, stay away from me....." She yell angrily with her red teary eyes. She then park her bike at the side of the house and go in rushly without looking at me.

Just great! she's going to hate me more now..... just great, Lee Jong Suk!

on the second thought, this all happen because of that guy or.... whatever he is! I turn around trying to look for him and thank god, he didn't follow me here. I guess I've cycle fast enough to get him out of my sight. I then park my bike and went to the door. As I was about to turn the knob, I remembered this morning incident. How am I going to face mom? not just that. Mom will definitely tell dad about that and I'm totally screwed!

I turn around and lean my back on the door. I was thinking should I go in or not? If not, then where should I go? I can't run away from it forever. Damn!!! someone, help me....

"aren't you going in? it's your house right?"

I heard a voice from the left side of me and when I turn, "AAaaahhhh!!!" I scream and I turn the door knob rushly and run in. I quickly close and lock the door. what the hell? he chase me till my house. Oh God! This is bad.... he knows where I lived.... "go away you freak! go back to your hospital!" I scream and look at the small window beside the door to see if he's gone. Thankfully, he's gone!

"pheww.... that's a relieve...." I said whisperly.

"what is there to relieve? and who are you shouting to?" My mom ask and with her tone, I could sense that I'm in trouble.

"urmm... no one... just... some mentally retarded guy that followed me home... but he's gone now..." I said nervously.

"the one that mentally retarded here is you!!" Soo jung said angrily as she walk off the living room to her room. as she slamned the door, i can feel that she's still furious with me but I can see bandage on her leg as she walk so I guess mom had treated her.

"lee jong suk! what is wrong with you? smoking and now you got your sister injured?" my mom asked. since i didn't hear my dad screaming voices, i guess he didn't back from work yet.

"it was accident... I was running away from that guy and I accidentally hit her....." I explained and mom didn't look satisfy at all.

"what about that smoking thing?" mom asked with her eyes glued at me.

"I told you... I was buying for a friend...." 

"who's that friend? and why are you buying for him? why didn't you tell us this morning who's that friend of yours? and why did you make friends with that kind of boy?" mom tone was a bit high. I know she's furious and so am I so I just walk across the living room silently to enter my room.

"Lee Jong Suk! you are ignoring me? I know you are stress and so but smoking is not the solution here. It's going to harm your health. Can't you at least think what's best for your body?"

I can't believe mom actually think that I smoke. I might be useless and pathetic but I don't smoke!

"I didn't smoke!" I said it firmly. "then tell me who are you buying it for?" mom asked angrily.

"I'm buying it for the bullys in school. If I told the teacher about it, he's going to punish those bullys and those bullys will get their revenge on me. I am not like the other boys. I am weak and useless. zero self-confident and the worst student and perhaps the worst son in the planet! I know that! this incident had made me realize that i was born to be a nothing but burdensome!" I scream angrily. I rush in my room and locked the door because I know mom was going to come in and consult me. I don't need consult. All I need is me, being someone else other than me.

"jong suk-ah.... open the door honey.... let's talk okay?.... jong suk-ah..." my mom knock the door dozen times but I stay silenced, not opening it. Nothing can change me now isn't it? I'm useless, pathetic and unworthable fool!

after a few minutes, mom gives up and i hear her footsteps walking away from my room. I'm sorry mom. Nothing can change me now. This is me and I'll forever be this way. a troublesome son!

I sit on the floor, covering my face with my palm and cried silently. I was thinking. If i'm not here, maybe everything will be much better...

I don't know for how long I've been crying but I think it's already past midnight.

"you're a mess! when are you going to stop crying?"

I heard a voice. It sounds familiar..... hell no.... when I uncover my face and look in front of me, there, sitting a guy which I found at the bridge earlier.....

"aaaahhhhh!!!!" I scream but then i cover my mouth not to let my mom heard.

"how did you get in?.... no wait..... just... just get out!!! get out from my room, now!!" I said firmly.

"can't you at least hear me out please? you're the only one who can see and hear me. I don't have anyone else to turn to!" He said while sitting in front of me with his eyes staring at me sadly seeking for help.

"okay wait.... about the scene at the bridge just now... it was true? are you... somewhat.... a ghost?"

"I don't know.... I can't remember anything about me except for my name. I tried to talk to someone but nobody seems to see or heard me.They are even penetrate me like you did just now."he said sadly.

OMG!! this is just great. I think the stress had me gone crazy. He really is a ghost isn't he?

"well... at least you can see and hear me.... that's a relieve... I was all alone all this time don't know what happen to me and not knowing anyone.... it's painful!" he said with a low voice. By his expression, I can see that he was sad and lonely. I guess we are similar in that. Alone... we had no one to turn to and nobody seems to understand us.