Let's Be Friends

The Unexpected Twist

"I kinda understand you for that...... so I'm gonna let you stay here for a while...." I said calmly as I sit on my bed.

"What?..... you're not going to help me?" He ask shockingly and I can see his face turn pale as white as sheet.

"look, man..... I've already burden with thousands of problem myself.... what makes you think I want to add up your problems into mine?" 

I know it's kinda cruel to say but I've no choice. What can a useless person like me do for him? Besides, I don't know anything related to ghost or spirit and how can I see him is a big question mark for me right now.

"come on... please don't turn your back on me! You're the only person that can see me right now. I've no where to go or anyone to turn to except you." He plead.

"didn't you see my situation just now? how do you want me to help you when me, myself can't even solve my own problems."

I said as I look at him and my tone was a bit high. I'm not angry at him. It just that this whole situation happen at once and I don't know what should I do right now. He just sit there on the couch silently while looking down the floor. I feel sorry for him but honestly, I don't think I'm the right person that can help him.

"look.... if I can see you, that's mean, someone else might be able to see you as well. Maybe that someone will appear someday. It takes time maybe but I'm sure you'll meet the right person that can help you solve your problems, okay?" I try to comfort him eventhough I don't think it's any help at all. His look doesn't change from before. He just sit there silently looking down the floor.

I decide to let him be and I lie on my bed after I switch off the light.

 

Kringg~Kringg~

 

ahhhh.... this annoying sound again. Will you shut up?!!

With annoyance lingering in me, I open up my eyes bit by bit. The sunlight had scattered around my room and as I look at my clock, it's already 7.00 in the morning. With all the laziness in me, I get up and get ready for school. Why did I go to school anyway? I'm not good at studying and everytime I go to school, I'll give problems to my parents. Why did I even care to go to such a place?

After finish showering, I put on my school uniform although deep down in my heart, only I know how much I want to burn it to ashes. But then, I remember 'him'. The guy last night. where is he? I look around and he is nowhere to be found. Am I dreaming?

Yes, that's it. With all the stress and pressure, I guess my mind had gone insane for a while. Everything was just a dream. Thank god!!

 

After packing up my bag, I put on the strap on my shoulder and walk out of the room. Before I set foot on the kitchen, I remember the confession I made to mom last night. Damn!! It's embarassing. How can I ever face her. She must had told dad about it and they'll definitely try to consult me right now. I'm not ready to face them so I walk to the door, put on my shoes and get out silently before I get on my bike.

I cycle as fast as I can until my home can never be seen then I slow down the pace. At the corner near my school, I stop my bike and I sneak at the school's gate. damn, Jeongho and the gang are waiting for me. I don't want to face them. I'll be in trouble once again if I get near them. What should I do? Should I skip school? If I did, then the school will definitely call my mom. 

Arhhhhh!!!! Whatever....

I get on my bike and I cycle the opposite way from my school. Yes! I decide to skip school today and what's going to happen after this, I decide to think about it later. I went to the sentral park in the middle of the town. Usually in the morning, there's rarely people at the park so I decide to go there to be alone while ease my mind.

I park my bike near a tree and lie down on the grass near the lake. I look up at the sky and the sun is shining beautifully. It's not too hot and not too cold. I feel comfortable lying there so I decide to take a nap for a while. After a few seconds, I shut down my eyes and suddenly I have a feeling that someone is sitting beside me. I look to my right and there's no one so I feel a little relieve until I look to my left.

 

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I stand up and move back a few steps.

 

"you.... you're not a dream?" I was stuttering and I can feel my body is now trembling.

"of course not! Don't you remember how you penetrated me yesterday?" He said calmly.

 

Gosh! Please tell me this is just a dream.

 

"I am dreaming right?" I ask to be sure.

"NO, you're not! can you stop it please? just admit it that you can see me, which is most likely to be a ghost which I'm, the ghost not so sure about it myself." He said and I can hear some annoyance in his voice.

Okay, Lee Jong Suk.... let's take a breathe and cool down. This might be another illusion of yours. This must be because of the stress and pressure. Yes, that must be it! I was being delusional. Everything I see right now, might be just a dream. Let's wake up now, okay? 

I slap my face hardly that I can feel my brain stumble a little and my eyes was swifting from right to left.

 

OUCHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! it hurts, so bad!!

 

"what are you going to do next? Shoot yourself with a gun? well guess what? I'm still here..." He said and I can see the what-the-hell kind of face.

"okay, I'm sorry..... it just that.... seeing a ghost is not normal, okay?" I said as I sit beside him. "where are you this morning anyway? you weren't in my room so I thought I was just dreaming."

"I'm going out looking for the person you said that might be able to see me. but it was useless. No one can see me and no one can hear me so I came back to you." He said sadly and I can hear he letting out a sigh afterwards.

 

"well.... I guess we are the same after all. you need someone that you can talk to and also hear you and I also need someone like that. I think, a ghost friend is better than not having any friend at all. I'll try to help you if I can but I can't promise you the success because I'm a failure myself." I said it sincerely.

"really? you're really going to help me?" he ask in disbelieve and I just nod.

"at least until we find some clues about you, I'll let you hang out with me. I'm not sure if we can find one but it's worth trying I guess."

".....thank you..." He said as he smile brightly.....