In Fiction

You and I Are Fiction

 

“The transplant operation is risky, although the patient mostly can survive after the surgery, but—“

“What’s the percentage for the patient who can continue to live after the surgery ?” Seung Ho cut off the doctor’s explanation. They’re talking at the alley outside Jun Hyung’s room. Jun Hyung’s parents were inside accompanying him and waiting him to awake. Seung Ho kept his eyes on Jun Hyung who were still sleeping after the operation while trying to concentrate on doctor’s words.

The surgeon lady took of her glasses, cleaning the lenses with the tip of her white coat. “Eighty eight percent,” she answered.

“And...Is Jun Hyung included in that percentage or not ?” Seung Ho dared to ask.

The doctor zipped . She kept cleaning her lenses which made Seung Ho furious. He stole the glasses from her hands and forced her to answer, “Doctor, is he included or not ?”

“With his condition now, no,” the doctor startled, she’s surprised at Seung Ho dare moves. “But with more treatment and operations, he could get better.”

“More operations ?! Don’t you think it will suffer him alot ?”

“That’s the only way. Patients can have their ups and downs condition anytime. It depends on their willing to live either. Jun Hyung needs the support from people around him. We’re very worried when he’s here alone, but looking at you and his parents who finally came I think he has found the supports he needed before,” the doctor explained.

“Just...make sure he’s included in that 88% okay ?” Seung Ho demanded.

“I’ll do my best, Mr. Yang,” the doctor replied, “But, as I said before, It depends on his willing to live.”

As the doctor excused herself to leave, Seung Ho leant back to the wall to calm down himself. He convinced himself that the explanation of Jun Hyung’s condition was good enough. At least he had a big chance to continue to live. It depended on how Joon wanted to deal with it now. But looking at Joon’s habitude, he would be strong enough to look at the options positively.

Seung Ho blew air from his mouth, hoping it took out some of his worry. He continued to walk, time to find Lee Joon.

*

Lee Joon didn’t realize how far his feet had taken him since he left the hospital twenty minutes ago. He suddenly already on the top of the hill. He looked down and saw the beautiful scenery of the city down there, where all the yellow and red lights blinking together. The weather was pretty nice with cold breeze greeted Joon’s skin for couple times. He crossed his arms upon his chest.

He was embarassed at himself for walking away. He’s supposed to know that there’s a possibility Jun Hyung wouldn’t make it. He actually knew it on the first place when he stepped into that hospital but denying everything was the easiest way. Joon was not that kind of person who easily gave up on things. He had been through lots of hard times working as an idol, and dealing with what happened to Jun Hyung was similar. Kinda.

The scariest thing about the situation was Joon never lost someone that so important to him. Losing somebody from your life sounds nerve-wrecking and Joon was afraid that he’s not ready for it. He would never be ready. It drained too much energy just thinking about it.

“Here you are,” the calm familiar voice suddenly appeared. It was pretty dark out there, but Joon could recognize the figure. He’s not too thin and too chubby. The eyes that glared, showing his natural sparks when he blinked his eyes. The flat expression but yet still showing protective aura from it. The dark hair that flawlessly covering one side of his face. “I’ve been looking for you. I asked people around here and they said they did see someone who ran in lunatic. They said I could find that person here.”

Hyung, shut up,” Joon poutted.

Seung Ho giggled, he threw the jacket he’s holding to Joon. The younger member immediately wore it and said thank you. “What are you doing here ? Let’s go back to the hospital.”

“I’ll go there later. I just need to calm down myself,” Joon made an excuses.

“You want to talk about it ?” Seung Ho asked, he walked closer.

“It’s okay, hyung, really. I just need to be alone.”

Seung Ho stared at Joon’s face for a while then exhaled his breath. “Joon-ah, I’m telling you this once and I’m not gonna say it again : just let go everything,” Seung Ho said.

“What ?”

“Don’t get me wrong,” Seung Ho quickly added, “I’m not telling you to give up. If Jun Hyung is really important for you, just be there for him, no matter what happen. That’s what the perfect love is, right ? Unconditional ?”

Joon listened to Seung Ho’s word in amazement.

“Forget about the past and move on. You’re here for him, finally, that’s all matters. He’s sick and he needs you. Although he’s condition is a bit critical, if you keep believing, he’ll be better soon. Magic happens all the time,” Seung Ho smiled.

“I really don’t want to think about the worst option, but you made your point,” Joon agreed. All he needed to do is to be strong and hoping for the best. “Argh...I hate to say this, but...thank you, Hyung.Thank you for everything.”

“Don’t mention need. It’s my job to take care of you,” Seung Ho ruffled Joon’s hair. “Now, ready to go back to the hospital ?”

Both of them walked together. Each one of them hoping for the best.

*

Week after week, everything happened to Jun Hyung exhausted everyone. There were lots of times when Jun Hyung couldn’t breathe and lost his consciousness again. But there were also times when he laughed and nagged alot. When he’s in the mood, Jun Hyung never stopped saying how he wanted to go home.

 “Hyung, can we just go home ? I want to go home,” Jun Hyung started again. Joon who decided to rent a room near the hospital, busy feeding him with porridge. “Hyung, stop giving me this nasty thing. It doesn’t taste good !”

Joon sighed. “No you can’t go home.”

“Why ?”

“Because you can’t !”

“Honey, why ?!”

Joon startled when he heard the sweet word for the first time. He looked at Jun Hyung’s naughty expression, but he didn’t want to be deceived. “Nice try. But no.”

“I’m really okay ! Don’t you see ?!” Jun Hyung flapped his arms. “The doctor said my condition is getting better. My new heart pumps the blood pretty well, it just needs time to adjust ! See ?”

“Why flapping your arms means you’re ready to leave ?!” Joon rose his voice.

“This is what I call acting cute !!” Jun Hyung replied.

The doctor who actually hid behind the wall couldn’t hold her laugh anymore. She entered the room to check up on Jun Hyung’s condition. “I’m sorry for listening to your conversation, guys.”

“That’s okay, Doctor. Just check this little brat,” Joon rubbed his head. He threw himself to the couch while wathcing Jun Hyung got examined by the doctor.

“You know what ?” the doctor said few minutes later. “I think it’s okay for you to go home. You’re on your best condition today, and I think there’s nothing to worry about.”

Assa !!” Jun Hyung punched the air.

“Doctor, are you serious ?” Joon asked, he followed the doctor to the alley. “Don’t you think it’s a bit too fast ?”

“Mr. Lee, he’s fine. Look at him. I know his blood pressure and the heartbeat are a bit lower, but I think it’s better for him to live in comfortable environment. His home is the best option since his parents will be there too,” the doctor said.

“But—“

“If his condition suddenly getting worse, you can call the hospital I recommended. Although it’s not the best hospital for heart disease, but I have trusted colleague there who can help you anytime. It’s for general check up. I’ll come visit,” the doctor gave Joon a white name card. He’s a bit hesitant to receive it, but there’s no choice. He had to stand on Jun Hyung’s side.

 On the next day, Jun Hyung finally said goodbye to his boring room in the hospital. He’s ready to get home, with Joon and his parents on his side. He tightened his jacket and left the building with free spirit. He believed he didn’t have to come back to that place again, he felt lot better now.

Feeling alive after a long time holding his pain, Jun Hyung grabbed Joon’s hand and walked together with him to the lobby. The cab’s waiting to take him home.

 

-

argh this is frustrating me !!

okay next one

i promise