Chapter 9

Someone Special

 

Sungmin didn’t really know if he liked listening to his own songs or not. Right now he definitely couldn’t endure hearing his voice anymore since he listened to his own song for the whole two-hours-ride to the airport. With a sigh he put his mp3-player back into his pocket and looked out of the dark window of the black van. They had already reached the area of the airport, but they needed to drive to one of the back entrances because of the large group of fans who were waiting for his arrival. The first few times Sungmin had hidden himself like this he had felt quite guilty for disappointing his fans, who waited for hours just to see him. On the other hand there once had been a fan, a woman around his age, who had grabbed his hand and tried to pull him with her. When the security officer had tried to pull her away from him, she had actually started fighting – kicking around like a crazy (and cursing) imitation of Jackie Chan. The security officer, the woman and Sungmin himself ended up hurt, so the latter had always been extra careful since then.

The van stopped and Sungmin put on his sunglasses before he opened the heavy door. He wore a comfortable hoodie which also covered his face even more. Since the singer knew that there could be a paparazzi hiding inside the half-dead bush right in front of him he forced himself not to turn his head to watch the second van arriving and Kyuhyun stepping out of it. Although the rumors had almost completely died away in the last few days because of the lack of new articles (the paparazzi who had discovered him and Kyuhyun on their somewhat-dinner-date had been very cooperative after five coffees and six autographs for his wife, his three daughters, his nice and… his brother), they had decided to be a little bit more careful.

So instead of checking on Kyuhyun he chatted with Siwon, talking about the upcoming concert and personal stuff. Apparently Siwon had finally dared to address some guy he always saw during church service, a quite young man called Kibum. They had spent the whole evening discussing ethical problems and political questions (which Sungmin didn’t really need any more detailed information about) and had decided to meet more often.

Fortunately there weren’t any problems with his fans this time. They were satisfied with the wide smiles Sungmin was sending at them while passing by, and responded widely to his waving to them. The waiting for the flight seemed to take forever, especially as Sungmin had to watch Kyuhyun laughing and joking with this Changmin guy again. Why was the latter even here? Sungmin knew they were best friends, but did they need to cling at each other like this? Scoffing slightly, the singer directed his attention back onto the display of his mobile phone. He cursed silently as he just again failed at solving the damn Mahjong-puzzle.

Stupid puzzle.

Stupid whoever-invented-this--guy.

Stupid world.

Okay, maybe he was being a little bit childish by now.

Sungmin sighed and stood up to search for Hyukjae. Why was this guy always ready to annoy him like hell, but when the singer needed him, he couldn’t find the dancer anywhere???

 

****

 

You would think the boarding of the plane of a famous singer would be strictly scheduled, quickly and well ordered.

Well, you thought wrong.

They had the admission to enter the plane earlier than the other passengers, because they had to film a few behind-the-scenes shots as well. Nevertheless people were running around hastily, searching for their hand baggage and complaining about the chaos which was apparently “every time the ing same”. The staff members which had already entered the plane didn’t sit down on their seats but ran around like little children, discussing nonsense-things with the crew. Although there was no space left inside the plane at all because of this behavior, other staff members kept entering the small cabin. The second cameraman made himself the target of various complains because he hectically ran out of the plane again. In process he pushed everyone else aside, just to look for the hand baggage of the first cameraman which he was responsible for. Meanwhile said first cameraman was scolded by the main light technician for giving the poor second cameraman such a task, although everyone knew the latter was “good at filming – but only at filming”. This discussion took place right in the middle of the very narrow corridor between the rows of seats, which caused just another jam.

 

Since Sungmin was (in some ways) the most important person around, he could have easily entered the plane either as the first or the last person. He could have taken all the time he needed, but he preferred not to. Like Eunhyuk would say, Sungmin needed to be a “ing saint” and was in the center of the whole chaos. The singer was smiling to himself while he tried desperately to reach his seat. He couldn’t really explain why, but he liked to share these moments with his staff. In these situations everyone was way too stressed to think much about manner and status. Sungmin was shoved around just like everyone else, and maybe he needed this sometimes to remain as down on earth as he still was.

Suddenly the eyes of the black-haired man fell on Kyuhyun. The younger was scolded by the main light technician as well as the first cameraman because of some lost hand baggage. No one, really, not a single one of the involved people knew how it ended up being all Kyuhyun’s fault. (Being the maknae simply .)

However, the brunet didn’t seem to be too interested into whatever the two older men were telling him. He was busy laughing secretly at the useless effort of some other staff members to make their way through the mess. Kyuhyun only stopped as his eyes met with Sungmin one’s. The younger’s expression softened and he smiled quickly at the singer, who happily returned the smile. Then Kyuhyun turned his face at the two men again, shooting a short “No.” at them, grabbing his things and lazily sinking down on an empty seat near to him. Sungmin chuckled at the dumbstruck faces of both men.

“Heechul’s right. Like always. Sadly enough…” a voice next to him suddenly said.

Sungmin winced in surprise and turned around to face Siwon, who had appeared next to him out of nowhere.

“What are you talking about?” he asked in confusion.

Siwon nodded towards Kyuhyun, who had pulled out his PSP and ignored everything around him. “He really treats you different. It’s obvious that he likes you.”

“You think so?” Sungmin asked, but he had to suppress a wide grin. So it wasn’t only in his mind, others could see it as well.

“Definitely. And although I still think he behaves impossible in front of everyone else, I think you should –“

 

Sungmin would never knew what exactly he should do, since right then the main cameraman announced the start of the filming and that “everyone should better find a ing seat right know”. Furthermore he kindly informed them that he didn’t “care if you’re sitting next to your ing best friend or not”, because apparently he wanted to finish the filming as fast as possible.

The singer was pulled down by Siwon on the middle seat of an empty row (An complete empty row. That was kind of a miracle for itself.). A mere second later Hyukjae plumped into the seat on the left of Sungmin, typing furiously on his mobile phone. After the dancer had finished what was most probably a text massage he looked up and grinned happily at Sungmin.

“Hi, oh most famous one of my friends. Thanks again for the free concert tickets for Hae and his family by the way.”

Sungmin raised one of his eyebrows curiously. “I didn’t know I’m so generous lately.”

Hyukjae shrugged. “Oh well, then you know it now. Come on, you always have a number of free tickets you can give to your family or your friends. I just knew that you wanted to give them to me this time and wanted to make things easier, so I simply took them.”

Sungmin couldn’t do anything except of shaking his head, wondering for the thousandth time just why the other was his best friend.

Suddenly the red-head next to him became serious. “I didn’t read anything about you and Kyuhyun the last few days. Did I miss something?” the sentences were more whispered, so that Sungmin had to lean towards Hyukjae to understand the latter’s words.

The singer looked around a little bit uncomfortably, but no one was paying attention to them. Then he shook his head lightly.

“It’s still the same. We aren’t in a relationship like this one article said, but… Let’s just say I’m working on it. But we both have to be careful. I’m just glad the scandal cooled down so quickly…”

Hyukjae nodded. “Did you meet after the dinner again, or are you keeping things slow?”

Sungmin let out a little, frustrated sigh. “We didn’t really meet, more like talked at the cafeteria of the company and so on. Nothing like a date, unfortunately. I’m just… really confused sometimes. I know he likes me as well, but he doesn’t try to take our not-existing-relationship to the next level at all.”

A little bit hopeless the older stared at his best friend. “I don’t know what to do~” he whined cutely.

Hyukjae shrugged. “Well, you have to do something. Kyuhyun might be snarky and confident in front of others, but he seems to transform into a wobbling mass of jelly every time he sees you. A blushing wobbling mass if jelly. And I’m saying this although I haven’t forgive him yet.”

Blushing madly Sungmin murmured a weak “That’s not true…”, but couldn’t say anything more, since at this moment the filming finally started.

 

****

 

They only filmed a few scenes. Sungmin had to stand up again and walk down the corridor while talking with Siwon and Hyukjae (everyone else were told to act busy). Their friendship was known by the public, so the scene would look more natural like this. They sat down after a playful fight over the seat next to the window (Sungmin won – he cheated though. Puppy eyes… it’s all about these eyes…) and made themselves comfortable. After a few short talks with some staff members and a complete stupid scene of ordering some tomato juice (comment of the PD: “Everyone drinks tomato juice at the plane. Like this your fans can identify themselves with you.”), they were finally done.

A few minutes of hectically packing the cameras away followed, and then everyone looked at his boarding pass for the first time to find the seat he was actually supposed to sit on. Siwon excused himself and saved the seat next to the PD to discuss everything for the fiftieth time. Hyukjae was dragged away by the other dancers because of some stage outfits which were still impossible to dance in.

After finding his seat (next to the window), Sungmin sat down, wondering who would sit down next to him. He knew that they had always booked the whole row, so one of the staff members had to sit next to him…

“Can I sit here?” suddenly a voice said, that Sungmin could recognize everywhere.

He looked up and his eyes met with Kyuhyun’s once more.

“Sure” he smiled.

The brunet sat down, putting his things under the seat in front of him.

“Do you even have enough space here?” Sungmin asked, gesturing at Kyuhyun’s long legs.

“Well, I don’t really feel like sitting in a VIP Lounge, but it’s okay…” Kyuhyun replied, smiling lightly at the shorter.

Sungmin returned the smile, but then he saw the first ‘normal’ passengers entering the plane. He turned his face to look out of the window, adjusting his sunglasses on his nose once more. It wasn’t like he wanted to hide himself, but maybe him and Kyuhyun sitting next to each other, smiling as if they were on their way to their honeymoon, wouldn’t be very helpful to let the rumors completely disappear.

They didn’t exchange another word until the plane had already reached the final high and everyone was either talking, listening to music or sleeping. Sungmin threw a quick glance at the younger male next to him. Kyuhyun was biting his lower lip while staring at some creatures at the display of his PSP. It was so cute and alluring at the same time that Sungmin felt like going crazy right there. Sometimes he really wondered if Kyuhyun was doing these things on purpose…

He looked at the small display again, wondering just which game could be so incredible catching. Since all the people at the seats around them were sleeping, he didn’t want to ask the younger directly. He would have to talk quite loudly because of the noise of the engines. Instead the singer took out a pad of notepaper and wrote a single question onto the paper. Sungmin waited patiently until the brunet was waiting for the game to save his score and passed the sheet of paper to him.

Kyuhyun looked at him curiously but accepted the paper and the pen wordlessly. He stared at the paper for a second and then scribbled something down.

As he received the sheet of paper again, Sungmin had to force himself not to giggle. This felt like cheating at an important paper at school. Curiously he looked at the answer of Kyuhyun.

 

(Sungmin, Kyuhyun)

 

What are you playing?

Persona. Fighting against monsters and gaining different ‘personalities’.

 

That didn’t sound so bad actually. Maybe he could try playing it as well….

 

Sounds cool. How can you gain a new personality?

Have to shoot myself in the head.

 

Or maybe not.

 

…. That’s rather…. Stupid. X.x

It’s actually really cool! And I’ve got nothing else to do…. :/

 

Sungmin chuckled. He glanced at Kyuhyun who hadn’t began playing again yet and saw the other shrugging his shoulders cutely. Suddenly he remembered a game he had been playing at some of his past, very past birthdays. Normally you would play it with a lot more people, but maybe he could get some answers like this…

 

How about a little game?

I’m always in for gaming!

We have to write as story. After I’ve written a sentence you write the next and so on. We aren’t allowed to talk about a plot or sth. like that.

 

Sungmin waited nervously for Kyuhyun’s answer. Should he really do this? And what if he’ll forget the sheet of paper and someone finds it, giving it to the press or something like that?

 

Okay…. Who starts?

 

The singer couldn’t really believe it. But there was Kyuhyun’s answer, there was the chance to find out just how things could work out for them. He had to take the risk…

 

Me! Let’s see….

There once was a man who fell in love.

 

Sungmin could see how Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at the first sentences and how the latter wanted to scribble something down really quickly. But then the younger stopped, glancing at Sungmin a few times. It seemed like the brunet was fighting with himself for a few seconds, and then he started to really write, this time a lot more carefully.

 

But his parents didn’t approve the relationship, since the man loved another man.

 

It worked! Kyuhyun didn’t just write down some unimportant stuff, but it seemed as if the younger had understood what Sungmin intended to do.

Quickly the latter grabbed the pen and wrote down the next sentence.

 

But the man didn’t care because he loved the other man.

Although they almost broke up because of the crappy writing of the older man.

 

This was so typical for Kyuhyun that Sungmin was almost laughing out loudly, as he read the sentence. He wasn’t mad, since the younger was right, and it was nothing more than a cute little joke.

 

Fortunately their relationship survived because they suddenly remembered how they first confessed to each other.

 

Now they were at the one topic, Sungmin had died to somehow talk about. Or to write about, in that case.

 

They can both remember it clearly, as if it was yesterday.

 

Sungmin frowned lightly. Kyuhyun was avoiding the topic, or at least the brunet didn’t want to start. Well, now wasn’t the time to back away…

 

That day, the older man was very nervous.

They younger couldn’t understand why.

The older still wasn’t sure if the younger liked him that way as well.

The younger was smart enough to know what was going on between them, and he had no intention to do something against it.

The older liked the younger since they first met.

The younger had a crush on the older even before the latter knew he existed.

The older regretted to only spend so less time with the younger, since the latter was really cute and funny.

The younger would love to spend more time with the older, because the older was really cool and handsome, but cute at the same time.

The older was really sorry that some envious s talked about them behind their back.

The younger needed to scold the older because of his language and said it was okay.

The older argued that the younger’s language was worse and asked if they could go on another date.

They younger said he’d love to, but that he’s afraid because of the reaction of his parents.

The older understood the younger and said they should talk with the parents right after his concert.

The younger agreed with the older, but he was still not completely contend.

The older wondered what the younger was waiting for.

The younger said he was still waiting for the confession, and the most important question.

 

 

Okay... here we go. Sungmin took a deep breath before writing down the next sentence.

 

 

So finally, one day, the older said to the younger that he really liked him, and that he liked him more than like a friend.

The younger said that he really liked the older as well.

The older asked the younger if he’d want to be his boyfriend, although no one would be allowed to know about their relationship.

The younger said yes, he wanted to be the older’s boyfriend, and he didn’t have a problem to keep their relationship secret at first.

 

Around them people started to move, preparing for the soon landing in China. Sungmin quickly scribbled down his last sentence, still somewhat dazed because of this development.

 

Later the day they met at the roof of a hotel.

 

Kyuhyun wrote down only two words before he had to stand up and help some older staff members.

 

They did.    

 

Sungmin couldn’t believe it.

They were together. They still hadn’t actually talked about it, neither of them was really ready to say the three words yet, but Kyuhyun had agreed to be his boyfriend. The younger had blushed almost the whole time he wrote something down, but that made it somehow even more honest.

Sungmin grinned widely while stuffing the precious sheet of paper in his hand baggage.

Kyuhyun’s parents, paparazzi and the press – Sungmin didn’t care anymore. Right now he just wanted to finally hold the younger in his arms, to ask him again if he really wanted to be together with him. He wanted to hear Kyuhyun’s voice telling him that he really meant what he wrote on that sheet of paper.

He just wanted to be on that damn roof already!

 


I am so sorry.

How could I not realize that the last ubdate was almost a month ago???? There I was, on vacation, writing a few sentences every day, and then I realize that I maybe should hurry up a little bit -_-

Anyways, THEY'RE TOGETHER! Kind of. We'll have to see how the roof date will work out... <--- ruining the mood: success!

Until then: Hangeng is casted for Transformers 4 !!!!!!! Our Hannie goes to Hollywood, I can't believe it! (In your face SMent!!!!)

I'll try my best to update this week again, since I'm on vacation for two weeks again from saturday on. I'll miss Mamma Mia with Kyu and Barefoot friends with Hyuk again! *sobs*

Since no one here really cares about my personal crisis, I'll just kindly ask for some comments.... pleease? *.* Preferrable good ones. But you can curse at SBS for ending the last ep of Barefoot Friends just at the point Hyukkie jumps from the freaking 10m diving-tower as well. XD

Thanks for all your lovable comments (I really try to answer all of them) and the unbelievable number of subscribers!