Chapter 1

Someone Special

 

“Where did you get the inspiration for you new song?”

“Why did it take so long for you to make a comeback?”

“Is it true that your company doesn’t want to renew your contract?”

“What do you have to say about the dating rumors between you and a rookie actress?”

 

His face an emotionless mask the short, black haired man stared at the noisy crowd of reporters in front of him. The questions were thrown on him randomly, but he didn’t bother to answer any of them.

Sungmin didn’t even know why he had to sit on this uncomfortable chair right now and listen to these impudent questions. No matter what he would say, those idiots would write whatever they wanted to anyways. They weren’t interested in the truth, they just wanted another scandal. For this they even paired him up with an actress he never met personally, damn, he didn’t even know her name.

Sungmin smirked slightly. She definitely won’t try to get rid of the rumor, ‘cause this was the best promotion she could get. After all he was one of the most coveted singer and any woman would be overjoyed to be with him.

 

A quick glance at his watch told him that it was about time to end this so-called press conference. Ignoring the reporters he searched for his manager. One look was enough for his manager and friend to step forward and tell the organizer to end the conference.

Sungmin breathed a sigh of relief and stood up. After a short bow towards the disappointed reporters he headed towards the private room which was prepared for him.

He furrowed his brow when he heard fast steps coming after him but smiled lightly when he recognized his manager. Even if the other male was younger than himself they had worked together for quite a long time already and became good friends over the years. Siwon never tried to take advantage of his friendship with a famous singer and dancer, and Sungmin was really thankful for that.

 

“Oh, Siwon… for a moment I thought one of these annoying reporters found a way to follow me. I’m sorry that I was rather… unpleasant during the press conference, but most of the questions were just imprudent as hell! It would have hurt my pride if I had answered any of them!”

Siwon just nodded and hold the door to the private room open for Sungmin. The shorter male thanked him with a small smile and let himself fall on the comfortable couch on the right side of the room. He wanted to close his eyes for a moment but was interrupted, when Siwon started to speak:

“I can understand your behavior hyung, even if we’ll have some problems later on because of this… There’ll be some bad press, but you’ll survive it. Right now I just want to finish this … unfortunate event as fast as possible.”

Sungmin turned his head to face his friend.

“How are you going to get rid of the reporters? They were rather disappointed about the sudden ending, they’ll may refuse to leave this soon…”

Siwon grinned. “Don’t worry about that. We have a new staff member, he may be young but he’s got a very sharp tongue. The reporters won’t have any chance.”

Sungmin lifted his head curiously and sat up. “Whom are you talking about, Siwon? I thought I know all of our staff members, and I talked with all the new ones too, but I can’t remember someone like you described just now.”

Siwon shrugged and checked his mobile phone as a new message arrived.

“I don’t know his full name… He’s only a trainee, I think he even graduated only a year ago. Though, he’s very intelligent and he’s learning fast, that’s why he’s already a member of your staff. I think his first name starts with a G… or a K… but like I said I don’t –“

Siwon was interrupted when Sungmin suddenly stood up and looked at him with wide eyes.

“You’re not talking about this Kyuhyun guy, are you?” the singer asked disbelievingly. 

Siwon smiled brightly. “Right! Kyuhyun, that was his name! Cho Kyuhyun, I think. So you do remember him?”

Sungmin nodded, a light smile on his lips. “Of course I do, but it seems like we have two Cho Kyuhyuns as members of our staff. ‘Cause the Kyuhyun I talked to could never survive in front of a crowd of angry reporters. He was really shy and couldn’t say a whole sentence without blushing. Come to think of it he was kind of cute... which is somehow weird because he’s taller than me…”

Siwon shook his head. “Well, the Kyuhyun I’m talking about isn’t shy at all, actually he’s full of himself.” Confused he scratched his head and then shrugged once more. “Maybe we’re talking about two different persons and one of us remembered the wrong name…”

Sungmin nodded slowly, still not fully convinced.

 

****

 

Walking lazily towards his room while listening to his own songs to remember every note and all the lyrics perfectly, Sungmin was too exhausted to care about his surroundings. He just finished the last rehearsal and only had an hour left before his real performance. Although he enjoyed being on stage and singing, there were some moments when he wished he would just ruralize and live a quiet and peaceful life. Maybe he could raise some animals… like bunnies. He always had loved bunnies, so why not have a bunny breeding? It wouldn’t be that stressful because the bunnies would do most of the work themselves and-

His thoughts were interrupted when he collided with another person. Surprised he stared at the man – or rather boy, who was lying on the floor in front of him. When the brunette looked up Sungmin immediately recognized him.

Smiling he reached out to help the younger standing up. He didn’t fail to notice the heavy blush all over the younger’s cheek while the latter bowed a few times to apologize.  

Sungmin grinned and grabbed the others shoulders to prevent him from bowing once more.

“It’s okay, I’m fine. You’re the one who was lying on the floor just a second ago, so I should apologize to you!”

The boy in front of him shook his head and smiled shyly.

“N-no, really Sungmin-ssi, it was my fault and I’m sorry, I’m really sorry! Really… I … I should make it up to you…. Do you need some water? You have to be thirsty after such a tiring performance, don’t you? I’m sorry, I’ll get you some water, just wait a-“

Sungmin chuckled and shook his head slightly. This guy was really one of the cutest things he has ever seen – including little girls in pink dresses and bunnies. The brunette kept on rambling and didn’t dare to look into the singers eyes even once. It was rather awkward because the brunette was taller than the other but behaved like a high-school girl who was afraid of being scolded.

“Hey.. hey I…” Sungmin tried to get the younger’s attention. The latter stared at him with wide eyes, his mouth still open to apologize once more. “Thank you very much, but there really is no need to bring me some water, I have some in my room. Besides, like I said before, it’s not your fault and you don’t have to apologize, okay?”

Sungmin watched the other nodding, but he also noticed the disappointed look on his face. The boy bowed once more and then started to walk away towards the stage.

Thinking about a way to solve the situation, Sungmin called the other by his name, hoping that he was the one who remembered the right name.

“Kyuhyun-ah!”

The brunette turned around and looked at him in total shock. He obviously didn’t expect the older to know his name.

Sungmin couldn’t help but smile proudly. So it really was Siwon, who had the wrong name in mind.

“It would be really great if you could send Siwon over in my room.”

The younger grinned and nodded a few times before he turned around and almost ran towards the stage where Siwon discussed something with the organizer.

Sungmin laughed silently about the other’s adorableness. This guy would never be able to speak rudely with anyone, it was simply impossible.

 

Slowly he entered his room and grabbed one of the water bottles. Staring into the big mirrors at one of the walls he hummed along with the songs he knew by heart. He already wore his full stage outfit, but no make up yet. Probably he should change his pants, they were a little too tight and he would have to move quite a lot tonight…

The door slammed open and Siwon entered the room without knocking even once. Surprised Sungmin raised one of his eyebrows. Normally Siwon was the incarnation of politeness, he never experienced such a behavior of his younger friend.

“Siwon, what-“

“You sent this boy yourself, didn’t you? The brunette one who told me, that you need to speak with me.”

Confused Sungmin nodded slowly and tried to say something, but he was once more interrupted by the taller man.

“Okay, so what’s his name?”

“Kyuhyun, Cho Kyuhyun. But why-“

“See? So I was right, his name really is Kyuhyun. I’m wondering of whom you were talking yesterday…”

As Siwon seemed to think deeply, Sungmin sensed his chance and answered the other, still confused.

“What the hell are you talking about? This just proves that I was right, and the shy boy I remembered indeed is Kyuhyun. And I also was right that he’s cute… How old is he again?”

Siwon stared at him as if he just told him that he wasn’t allowed to go to church for a month.

“Wait... I know we’re talking about the same guy, but what exactly is cute about Kyuhyun? He just told the organizer to shut up and mind his own business! Someone who's much older and definitely more important than him.”

Sungmin shook his head in disbelief. “Kyuhyun could never do something like this, he’s really well mannered. We bumped into each other a few minutes ago and he apologized about a hundred times, although he was the one who fell on the floor.”

Siwon stared at him for a few seconds and then shrugged his shoulders.

“Maybe he’s schizophrenic…”

 


I'm sorry that this isn't very long, but I hope you like it nevertheless.

I can't believe that I already got 12 subscribers, thank you so much. <3

Please comment and subscribe ^.^