audition

Dancing Vampire
Your POV:
“See you guys tomorrow, okay?” I waved goodbye to the girls. They waved back as I walked to my studio. Once in, I put on my pointe shoes, and warmed up. So, just to say, I was a soloist there.
 
“One, two, three, four. Hana, turn out your hip more. Joon, lift your hands higher,” the mistress instructed. She then sensed something and looked up for a while, and then clapped her hands, asking for silence. We looked up, seeing the Headmaster staring at us in the seats. We let out audible gasps and murmurs as we immediately tidied our uniforms. Headmaster smiled in satisfaction and walked down towards us.
 
“So, I guess we all know the story. Two families… Two enemies, to be precise. From there, came two star-crossed lovers,” he explained. I immediately knew the story from the word ‘star-crossed lovers’. ’Romeo and Juliet’. One of my favorite ballet stories.
 
“They got married, but the boy killed her cousin and got banished. She drank a potion, he poisoned himself, then she woke up and stabbed herself,” he finished, smirking. “Romeo and Juliet... written by William Shakespeare. One of the greatest tragic love stories in history. And that… will be the theme for our next recital,” he explained. My expression brightened, hope came in that I could have a chance to play Juliet. I’ve been longing to play that role since I was a kid.
 
“Female soloists please meet me at the audition room at 5,” he told us as if on cue. I mentally jumped up and down in happiness like if no one was looking, I would do my personal happy dance.
 
Along the practice, my head was filled with excitement, but also with nervousness. I kept on glancing at the clock every 5 minutes, which literally felt like 15 minutes.
 
As it was nearing the specified time, I walked towards the room, my heartbeat doubled as I grabbed the door knob. I exhaled as I picked up my courage, stepping into the room. As I did, I saw that tan-skinned guy…
 
…Kai? What’s he doing here?
 
He was sitting in one corner of the room, wearing a white V-neck T-shirt, and blue denim jeans. I then realized he was staring at me. His eyes were the exact golden that Baekhyun had.
 
Why does it seem like all the boys that I’ve met today… they all have the exact same golden eye color? It’s not like golden is the common eye color in Seoul, right? Maybe they just bought eye contacts to show off.
 
I scoffed at his stare as I shook my head off of my thoughts, rolling my eyes in annoyance at him.
 
 
Kais POV:
 
I got into the audition room, waiting for the Headmaster. I sat at one corner of the room. The door creaked, I saw Wangbi coming in. I heard Baekhyun said she was a swan, so I had an opportunity here as a principal dancer.
 
I stared at her, examining her features. Her oval face was beautiful up close. Her baby blue eyes seem to shine in the lights. Her copper-brown hair was tied neatly in a ponytail, revealing her beautiful face. Her body was perfect, her skin was fair white. She rolled her eyes at my stare and walked to the other side of my corner. 10 minutes passed, other guys and girls came in.
 
Gosh. I just came here to see her dance and it will all be done, right?
 
“Okay, so the audition for Juliet’s role is starting now. I will call out each of your names, and you will dance a solo of Juliet’s variation,” the Headmaster announced. Another 10 boring minutes passed, it was Wangbi’s turn. She stood up and took a deep breath.
 
She began dancing the variation, every move was correct. More than correct, she was the best from all the girls. She is certainly a swan.
 
She gracefully swirled across the room; her expression was precisely like the ‘Juliet’s that I saw in the YouTube videos. It was like she lost herself in the song, the feel for the story. As she did, I began to imagine her dancing on the stage, her skirt that flows beautifully every time she jumps. Her steps were light as if she was walking on the surface of water.
 
But every time she did a pirouette, her scent – her sweet scent blew all over the room, into my nostrils. I widened my eyes in amazement. So this is how a swan smells like. I suddenly got the feeling like that of how Jasper Cullen would feel when he smelt Bella’s blood. I felt my eyes change its color, and when I glanced at it in the mirror… they were black.
 
No, no, no. Kim Jongin, just don’t do it. Don’t you ever dare to do it. Remember what Kris hyung and Suho hyung say. Do never kill a human, moreover, a swan.
 
She finished the variation with a perfect arabesque. The other dancers were left frozen and slack-jawed. I widened my eyes at her. “Wow,” I mouthed. That was totally amazing. Now’s the first time I’m jealous of one’s dancing.
 
 
Your POV:
I finished the variation with a pose, the Headmaster clapped at my performance. I curtsied to him and walked back to my spot. Kai was still staring at me. Only, his eyes were black now. Pitch black, darker than the moonless night. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.
 
…Black? How did that happen?