knowing him

Dancing Vampire
I spent all night thinking why Kai’s been staring at me all day. I lied on my bed, closing my eyes.
 
Why in the world is he staring at me? Ever since he saw me, he always kept his eyes on me. Wait. 
 
I opened my eyes and sat up, furrowing my eyebrows.
 
Why were his eyes golden when I came to the room, then black when I finished my variation?
 
I sighed at the thought and let my back fall again on my bed. Maybe they weren’t wearing contacts. Argh… There’s something creepy about them. The cold hands, color-changing eyes, pale skin—well, except for Kai. They’re kind of weird, but why do girls like them? They’ve never even experienced the touch of their hands and see the changes of their eyes.
 
In the middle of wondering, my eyelids became heavy as I drifted off to dreamland.
 
 
Kai’s POV:
“So, how is she?” Suho asked me as he slumped down unto the armchair with a glass of water in his hand. I sighed and leaned forward on the sofa.
 
“I’m so jealous of her. Her dance moves was so beautiful. And her scent... it was so sweet,” I stated. The others furrowed their eyebrows, looking at me. I gave a confused look at them.
 
“G-Guys…?? What’s wrong?” I asked them, slowing leaning back and avoiding their stare. “Your eyes...” D.O answered. I gasped and walked to the mirror.
 
What? My eyes are still black even though we’ve hunted? No. It can’t be. I am not thirsty of her blood.
 
“You... didn’t bite her, did you?” Suho asked, slowly lowering his glass. His expression was a mixed of worried and pissed off. I shook my head and turned back to them.
 
“Of course not, why would you think I’d kill a human?” I fired at them, they nodded in agreement. Suho’s expression softened and went back to drinking the water. “So, you hyungs are sure she’s a swan?” Sehun asked. “Yep,” Baekhyun replied, I nodded.
 
“I’ll go talk to her tomorrow,” Suho said as he walked into his room. We all nodded in agreement. “Oh! And, uh, hyung…” Baekhyun called just as he reached his door.
 
“…Yeah?”
 
“I think you should ask the Jung Twins about this. Those half-breeds should be able to get close enough with her,” he suggested. Suho nodded in acknowledgement before shutting the door.
 
 
 
 
Your P.O.V:
The next day in Daewon, I was strolling in the library with the Jung Sisters. I scrolled by the books in the literature’s section. “So, how’s Jongin?” Jessica teased as I was picking one of the books. I furrowed my eyebrows at them and stopped my pace awhile. “Jongin…? Who’s that?” I asked them and picked another book. Krystal poked her sister’s arm and giggled.
 
“Kim Jongin is Kai’s real name. Suho is Kim Junmyun and D.O’s Do Kyungsoo. By the way, is he, like, awesome?” Krystal told me. I rolled my eyes, remembering what happened yesterday. “I don’t know. He’s kind of... weird, you know. He’s always staring at me,” I told them.
 
“Ooh~... He likes you, doesn’t he?” they teased, giggling. I scoffed. …Him? No freaking way he will like me.
 
“First Baekhyun, now Kai. You’re really lucky, you know that?” Krystal told me, letting a giggle escape from my mouth.
 
“Yeah… She’s going to go with me now,” a voice said. I gasped at the sudden entrance of the voice and almost dropped my books. As if I mustn’t blink when it happened, a hand appeared and grabbed the book mid-air. We turned our heads, seeing Suho smiling at me. I mentally face-palmed myself for both being clumsy and for another guy from EXO-K confronting me.
 
Great... EXO-K is driving me crazy.
 
Suho straightened up his body and made a gesture as if to brush of the dust the book even though there wasn't any. “I believe you dropped this, miss,” he said in a very polite voice and handed me the book. I quietly thanked him for the book. “Tsh. There’s no need to be so polite, you know,” I complained in my quietest voice. But much to my surprise, Suho could still hear it, as he replied, “Well you should be thankful you get treated politely and properly for a freshman. After all, I am future student council member.” I rolled my eyes at him.
 
Then Suho changed the topic. “Can I talk to you for a while?” he asked me. Krystal’s jaw dropped, I gave her a ‘can-you-not’ look before turning my attention back to Suho. “Uh… Yeah, sure! What about?” I asked him. He chuckled lightly. “I’ll tell you later,” he assured me. I nodded. “I’ll see you girls later,” Suho said, smiling that angelic smile at them. They squealed and nodded.
 
Suho wrapped his arm around my shoulder. Again, I felt that really cold stinging in my skin. I gasped at the sudden impact, making Suho notice and let his arm go. I went to the librarian and told her that I would return the book in a week. We then walked out of the library. He led me to a fountain in Daewon’s courtyard. We walked side by side, with the two books being held in my arms as I bring it in front of my chest.
 
“So, Kai and Baekhyun kind of told me about you,” Suho told me. I nodded. “Yeah,” I muttered.
 
I suddenly remembered that I wanted to ask him about Kai. “Wait. Can I ask you something? It’s about Jongin,” I told him. “Sure. What about him?” he reassured me. I took a deep breath before asking.
 
“Why... is he, like... staring at me all the time?” I asked him, he chuckled. “Well, he said he’s just looking forward to see you dance. And, uh... he told me that he’s jealous of you,” he explained, whispering in the last part. I gasped in disbelief. …Kai? He’s jealous of me?
 
“You... really think so?” I reassured him. He chuckled and nodded. “He saw you in the dance company yesterday. Hah! Typical dancing machines,” he scoffed. I made a face at him. “So... Kai’s the only one that loves dancing that much?” I asked him, raising an eyebrow. He looked down, furrowing his eyebrows. “Well, I wouldn’t say he’s the ‘only one’. Sehun’s pretty good, too. But... yeah, you can say that. Kai’s the best,” he told me. “Ahh...” I nodded in understanding. I glanced at my watch. Damn, almost next class.
 
“Uh... Junmyun, I got to go now, okay? It was nice talking to you,” I said as I made my way to my locker.
 
I took one glance at him, sunshine shone through him. I saw him turning around, walking back. The last yet weird thing I saw was his skin... it was shining, like diamonds. I shook my head, ignoring what I saw.
 
 
Suho’s POV:
God, did she see my skin? I knew I shouldn’t have brought her here with the sun shining.
 
I turned around and walked quickly around the courtyard, and into the halls, where I saw Jessica and her coven leader chatting by. No sign of her sister, which is good enough for me. That annoying clingy half-breed is just as worse as a bee. Once they caught me staring at them, I made my move and walked towards them.
 
“Junmyun, what are you doing here? Weren’t you with Wangbi 5 minutes ago?” Jessica asked me, eyeing me up and down. I threw a glare at her. “Look, Jess, we don’t have much time,” I turned to their so-called childish coven leader. “Kim Tae Yeon.”
 
“Kim Jun Myun,” she chuckled.
 
“The bell’s going to ring any sooner. We don’t have time, we need to talk, real quick,” I told her in the speed of a lightning that only vampires could keep up. She smiled generously and stared at the clock.
 
“…Time…” she murmured. We all stared at the big white round clock when its hands slowed down and gradually stopped, so did the movement around us. Everyone and everything was frozen in place. Walking students, falling books, even flying mosquitoes. I chuckled in amusement, “Apologies. I wasn’t aware of your power there.”
 
Taeyeon smiled again. “Apology accepted,” she then leaned back against the wall and crossed her arms. “So… Is this about the swan?” she asked. I heaved a sigh as I placed my hands into my blazer pockets and nodded. “Yes. I’m going to I need you-” I emphasized that on Jessica, “-and your sister to keep a close eye on her. We need to do some research on her.”
 
Jessica scoffed and smirked on me. “Come on. I’ll let Krystal do the friendship stuff and I’ll just cooperate with her clingy behaviors. Good enough for you?” I nodded in agreement. Then I turned to the shorter half-breed. “Taeyeon… As Vice President of Student Council, I need your help with Leeteuk hyung while I contact our brothers in China. I need information about swans.” Taeyeon nodded in understanding. “Do you think YiFan really knows that much?” she reassured me.
 
The memory washed over me. The girl he really loved. It was the first time he had ever experienced true love. She was true beauty, just like her scent. She was really nice to tame a cold guy like him. That dragon tattoo was unforgettable. But once they broke up, the dragon tattoo was gradually fading ever since. The scent of her ashes which drove his nostrils flaring: it was also the first time we saw him shedding tears.
 
I snapped out of my thoughts when I noticed that the clock was starting to move in slow motion: Taeyeon’s limit was ceasing. “He will. I’m sure of it,” I assured her. They nodded in response. “Good luck, Suho,” Taeyeon told me with an assuring smile. I smiled back before I swiftly dashed across the hall right as the bell rang. Time moved again… like nothing happened.