Chapter 7: The Unplanned Meeting

You told me you want to marry me, did not you?

Normal POV

            “Hello… Appa….” Dayoung is about to say something more when Joon cuts in.

            “Dayoungie… I am so worry about you…”

            “Worry? Why? I am good appa.” Dayoung can’t help but feel curious.

            “Where are you? And why don’t you answer my call quickly?” From the other line Dayoung somehow can feel her Joon appa anger mixes with worry.

            “Does it mean that Dayoungie always tell Joon about her schedule and she always answers his call quickly?” Seungho frowns when that thought across his head. “Wait... Did I over think everything?”

            “I am in Japan. I think I have told you that I have a photo shoot session for a Japanese magazine. Sorry I cannot answer your calls just now I was busy doing the shoot and I just checked my phone. What is wrong appa?” Dayoung answers quietly, slightly worries after hearing Joon voice.

            “For how long? When you will come back to Seoul?” Joon does not really answer Dayoung question.

            “Ehrm… Joon definitely handles his phone call with Dayoungie naturally. Does it mean that he always on phone with her?” G.O cannot help himself but thinking like that. “Wait… Did I over analyzed the situation?”

            “I’ll be in Seoul on Friday appa. Wae? What’s wrong? Why you are so worry about me?” Dayoung is really confused right now.

            “Ehm… so you will come back two days from now…Ottokhe?” Dayoung can hear Joon voice over the phone but it seems like Joon does not talk to her.

            “ Appa… What happen? You seem so worry about something? Are you alright? Is something bad happen to you?” Dayoung gets more confused.

            “Erhmmmm….. How to say it?” Joon suddenly look around to find help from his hyungdeul to convey the ‘news’. Unfortunately Seungho and G.O seem to be busy with the other thing and ignore Joon SOS signal.

            “What is it appa? Just tell me directly… You make me worry.” Slowly Dayoung gets impatient.

            “Errrhmmmm…It is a bad thing and I don’t think it is good for you to know it…. but you have to know it because if you don’t know it that…..”

            “Appa? Just tell me directly… please?” Dayoung can’t help herself but cuts Joon incoherent mumbling.

            “But I don’t know if you should know. But you definitely have to know about it. But it will make you….”

            “Appa… directly appa just tell me directly….” Once again Dayoung cuts Joon

            “………”

            “Appa?”

            “……..”

            “Appa?”

            “………”

            “A-P-P-A?”

            “……….”

            “APPA!”

            “Please be quite for a moment Dayoungie!! I can’t think of the best way to tell you that you are caught in a scandal and it becomes the hottest news in our country!!! I don’t know how to tell you that that you are accused to date a middle age man so you can be a success and famous model like now!!!I really don’t know how to tell you that the scandal happens because of our meeting last week!!! I really don’t know how to tell you that netizens bad-mouthing you!! I don’t have a clue how to tell you those things so you won’t be panic!!” Joon says all of those words frantically because he cannot stand Dayoung question and the whole situation stress him out.

            “……….”

            “Errrrr…. Okay….. Did I just tell you all the things?” After a few minutes of silent because Dayoung does not say anything Joon realizes that he has ‘told’ Dayoung the ‘situation’.

            “……….”

            “Dayoungie?”

            “……….”

            “Dayoungie?”

            “……….”

            “Dayoungie?”

            “N-nee appa.” Finally Dayoung says something.

            “I- I am sorry Dayoungie... I don’t know that….”

            “Arrasoyo…. Well… Are you okay appa?” Dayoung does not give chance for Joon to finish his sentence.

            “Nee?” Honestly Joon does not understand what Dayoung think about.

            “You said that I am caught in a scandal because our meeting, right? Means that I am not the one who is caught in a scandal; you are also caught in the scandal, right? Are you okay? Do netizens says spiteful remarks about you?”

            “………” Joon cannot say anything, he just knows that Dayoung is a truly angel. She puts other people before herself. His daughter’ kindness somehow touches him.

            “Appa? Are you okay?”

            “………”

            “Appa?”

            “Errrr… yeah… actually the paparazzi take the photos of us in this kind of angle so your face is shown clearly and my face is out of the picture. So far netizens do not know that the so called middle age man is me.” Joon is finally able to explain the situation clearly.

            “But just in minute netizens will notice that the man is you appa. You better talk to your manager and management. You have to prepare yourself appa, netizens might start to say spiteful remarks about you as well.” At the exact moment Joon realizes that his daughter has matured. His daughter has grown up so well.

            “Dayoungie… You should worry about yourself instead of me. Do you realize that the scandal might bring down your career?” Although Joon is amazed by Dayoung’ maturity and kindness he does not understand the way Dayoung handles the news. Dayoung is so calm, too calm.

            “Ehmmm… Well… It’s not really a scandal, am I right appa? So I don’t really worry about this scandal effects on my career. I will talk to my manager and management. I will tell them about the facts. And I suppose my management or appa’ management will contact each other, we’ll just have to held a press conference to clear all of this understanding. Or….. our management can give an official statement about this matter. So… calm down appa, we are going to be alright.”  Joon should know better that Dayoung is a smart girl since her childhood. Why he cannot handle this so called scandal as calm as Dayoung? He suppose to be Dayoung’ appa. He should be the one who takes care of the matter and comforts Dayoung not the other way around.

            “Wow… you are so smart Dayoungie….” Joon does not know what he supposes to say other than praises Dayoung.

            “Hahaha…Thank you appa. Don’t worry about this matter. Calm down and consult to your manager. I need to take another photo shoot. So… I’ll hang up. Take care.” Dayoung’ sweet voice ends the call.

Joon POV

            Woaah… my daughter is so wise. She has grown up so well. Well…actually it is no wonder, with my great father’ materials of course she can grow up well and becomes a smart and wise woman. But still… why can’t I find the solution as fast as she does? Why am I panic instead of thinking of a solution. Aigooo…. I just realize I am not as capable as I think I am. Note to myself: I should find a wise woman as my wife or else I am doomed.

            “YAH!! What does Dayoungie say? Don’t just stand with that dazed expression!!” G.O hyung voice distracts my train of thoughts. In reflex I turn myself only to find that Seungho hyung and G.O hyung are standing so close behind me. And when I say ‘so close’ it is not a figurative speaking.

            “WOAH…hyungdeul why you stick so close to me?!!” As another part of reflex I frantically take some step behind to create ‘safe’ distance.

            “Your fault… Why did not you loud speaker your phone call with Dayoungie… Anyway it is not the point… What does Dayoungie say?” G.O hyung simply rolls his eyes.

            “Uhm… well…” I am trying to say something when something or… rather someone hits the back of the head.

            “Aigooo… appo….” I turn around only to find my manager.

            “Move aside Joonie you block my way.” My manager ‘innocently’ pushes me in one hand he holds a bottle of mineral water. It is not a gentle push if I may add. Wait… since when my manager is in my apartment? When does he come? Why does he come from my kitchen?

            “WOAH… When did you come, hyung?”

            “When you are busy telephoning Dayoung.” My manager answers nonchalantly.

            “Why you come?” I don’t remember calling him or else.

            “YAH!! Of course because I am the greatest manager ever! I know you will be in trouble. I have seen the article and the photos. I know that middle aged man is you… Aish… I shouldn’t left early that afternoon…” My manager sends me his killing glare.

            “OKAY… Can I have your attention back Joonie? I am still here. So what does Dayoung say?” Before I have chance to say something to my manager G.O hyung cuts in.

            “Alright I almost forget. About the call… Well I just know that Dayoungie has grown up so well. WOAH hyung… she is definitely one of the girls who has both beauty and brain. I am so proud of her… She is….”

            “The point Joon… the point…” Seungho hyung sends his intense glare.

            “Okay… Dayoungie says that we should not worry about the effect of the scandal on her career since it is not a real scandal. Also she says that I should consult to manager hyung and tells the true story. She believes that everything will be fine as long as our management clears all of this misunderstanding. Last she also warns me to keep my cool because netizens will notice that the man is me. Yeah… that’s all….” Wow... becoming a singer has its own advantages I can deliver long sentences without choking…hehehe…

            “Wow… I agree Joonie… Your daughter is absolutely smart. Anyone with eyes can see clearly that she is not your real daughter…” Manager hyung seems to be impressed by Dayoung… Errrr… wait what does the implying meaning of the last sentence?

            “Hyung… what do you mean by Dayoungie is so smart so people can obviously notice that she is not my real daughter… are you trying to say that….” I am about to continue my sentence when I hear something which is sound like someone ring my bell’ apartment repeatedly, seem like my visitor is really desperate to meet me.

            “Should be Mir or Thunder or both of them….” Seungho hyung tells me after steals a glance to his wrist clock. Alright…. Another trouble G.O hyung has told me that Mir and Thunder are so mad to me. My guess they come as fast as possible to my apartment after finishing their schedule. Okay…. I’ll make it fast….

Mir POV

            “Aish…. Where is that muscle-babo hyung? Does he escape already?” I mumble to myself as urgently presses the bell.

            “Even if he already escapes I’ll find him.” Thunder hyung who stands beside me say those words with a calm yet scary expression. Well... actually it is such as luck to meet him in the parking lot.

            “Count me in. I’ll join your hunting.” I really have this weird feeling after knowing the scandal between my muscle-babo hyung and Dayoungie. What is their relationship? Are they really dating each other? And jinja…. Aisssh….I really don’t know what I will do if they are actually dating each other. Punches and kicks won’t kill people, right? So I guess ‘a few’ punches and kicks will help me relieve this weird feeling and… I’ll give the honor to Joonie hyung to become my punch bag.

 Thunder POV

            “Even if he already escapes I’ll find him.” I say quietly as I consider if it is okay to barge into Joonie hyung apartment.

            “Count me in. I’ll join your hunting.” I see Mir gives me his smile. It is a different smile and for some unknown reason the smile makes his face looks scary. But that is not the issue, right now I am considering if Mir and I are strong enough to break Joonie’ hyung door. I really have this urge to break something or rather someone’ bone after I know the scandal between Joonie hyung and Dayoung. But don’t ask me why I feel that way… I really don’t know… the feeling just strangely come up.

            “I think we should break in into Joonie hyung apartment Mir. What do you…”

            “I. AM. NOT. DATING. HER!!” before I have chance to finish my sentence Joonie hyung appears magically in front of us and for the record he yells that sentence to me… well.. us… Mir and I.

Normal POV

            “… what?...” Mir and Thunder stands with a dumbfounded look.

            “Come in…” Joon diligently drags the maknae line into his living room.

            “I. AM. NOT. DATING. HER.... I. AM. NOT. DATING. DAYOUNGIE…” Joon gives special stress into each word.

            “….Errrr….” Mir and Thunder cannot say much.

            “I know that you will come and you will act like mad men… just like Seungho and G.O hyung…” Joon whispers the last six word quietly.

            “Sooo… before you accuse me for some crazy thing like I am dating Dayoungie. You should know that I am not dating her.” Joon want to make sure that the idea of him not dating Dayoungie is clear.

            “But…” Mir and Thunder say almost in the same time.

            “And about what the article calls as “date”, it is not a date. It is just a meeting. A normal meeting between a father and daughter. It is even an unplanned meeting.” Joon quickly cuts in before Mir and Thunder have chance to finish their sentence.

            “But….” Once again Mir and Thunder try to say something.

            “AH… YEAH… About the photos… Why those photos have couple looks? Honestly I don’t know. Also I don’t recall I did something that can be considered as too intimate. My best explanation it is because the angle of the photos and timing when the photos were taken which make the photos look weird.” And once again Joon cuts in.

            “And how…” Mir and Thunder attempt to say something.

            “Dayoungie is fine. She even acts so calm since it is not a real scandal and only a misunderstanding. So… yeah… hope that explain everything.” Again Joon does not give chance for Mir and Thunder to speak their mind.

            “Hehehe… It’s quite interesting Joonie…” Without Joon’ notice his manager, G.O and Seungho are in his living room too.

            “What’s so interesting hyung? I am just fed up with my members’ strange behavior.” Joon answer cause Seungho, G.O, Thunder and Mir to send their murderous glare.

            “Not the point. Now since all of your members have gathered it’s better for you to tell us the complete story of your ‘date’..Hahaha…” Joon’ manager speak ‘naively’.

            “HYUNG… IT’S NOT A DATE!!” Joon loudly yells before he tells his so called date with Dayoung.

Flashback

Normal POV

            Dayoung smiles lightly as she hands her signatures to three little children in front of her. Today she shoots a C.F for a relatively new amusement park; the consequent is she needs to hold a sudden fan meeting after the shooting ends. But thanks God since the amusement park is only opened three weeks ago, the visitors are not that much. Moreover because the amusement park is so vast, not all visitors know that she is here. The three little children in front of Dayoung are the last visitors the sudden fan meeting. Suddenly Dayoung feels that her phone vibrate and a text from a familiar name pops up.

            From: Joonie Appa

            To: Uri daughter Dayoungie

            Dayoungie… odiga?

 

            To: Joonie Appa

            From: Uri Daughter Dayoungie

            I am doing my schedule right now appa, in an amusement park. Waeyo?

 

            From: Joonie Appa

            To: Uri daughter Dayoungie

            Ah geure… Turn around for once Dayoungie.

            Honestly Dayoung feels a bit of confusion because of Joon message but still she follows the message and turns around.

            “Dayoungie!!”  Once Dayoung turns around she notices Joon is standing not so far behind her and waving excitedly to her.

            “Oh… Appa.” Almost in instant Dayoung smiles widely and runs to Joon direction.

            “Here… here…” Joon points to an empty bench beside his standing spot and seats himself.

            “Appa!! Why you are here? How do you know that I am here as well?” Dayoung asks enthusiastically after she sits.

            “Hehehe…  You know this very famous variety show which needs a lot of space, right? I am the guest and the shooting was held in the other side of this amusement park. Are you shooting a CF Dayoungie? I am about to leave when I notice another shooting is conducted and I see your back figure. So I text you to make sure that you are here…Hehehe..” Joon answers with a wide smile.

            “Of course I know appa.. Running man season 2, right? I am the biggest fan of running man since I was a little child appa!! Wow… you are a guest!! I’ll make sure to see it!! Running man members from season one are my heroes up till now…Hehehe… Is any of original running man members come appa? Nee… I shoot a CF for this amusement park.” Dayoung is mood instantly up.

            “Anni… None of original members comes, Dayoungie. Woah… I’ll expect this amusement park to be a big hit because of your CF. Do you have other schedule after this? I don’t want to disturb you…” Although Joon is happy able to talk to Dayoung but he does not want to disturb her.

            “Hehehe… I hope so. Well… I have another schedule but I am not in a rush, I still have three more hours to go. Are you in hurry appa?” Dayoung also does not want to disturb his appa schedule.

            “Yeah I need to practice for MBLAQ comeback. We’ll have a comeback soon Dayoungie… But it is still a secret…Hehehe… But I still have five hours to go. Soo… yeah… Let’s use this rare chance for a father and daughter moment, shall we?”

            “Sure appa…” Dayoungie is about to speak something when her phone vibrates and a message pops up.

            From: Manager unnie

            To: Dayoungie

            Dayoungie... I need to go to management building to fix some things. Actually I want to take you too but since I see you are with your appa, I guess you need time to catch up with him. So, it is okay if I leave you with him? Does he have another schedule to attend soon?

            “What it is Dayoungie?” Joon asks curiously as he sees Dayoung frowns. Dayoung simply shows the message to Joon.

            “Oh… it is okay with me Dayoungie, Why you frown like that?”

            “Don’t be offended appa… I just think that actually unnie just looks for excuses so she can be alone with my management representative. She has a big crush on him. But that’s okay today since there is also an advantage for me...Hehehe…So… okay…I’ll tell her that it is okay.” Dayoungie answers with a wide smile.

            “Anyway where is your manager appa? I don’t see him” Dayoung asks as she texts a reply for her manager.

            “He leaves me because he has to take care of some personal matter. We both are left by our manager I guess. Hehehe…” Joon finds it is an amusing situation to share the same fate with Dayoung.

            “Geureyo…Hehehe… What should we do now? Wandering around the amusement park? I can’t go anywhere since manager unnie brings the car.”  Dayoung start wondering about how they should spend their rare father and daughter moment.

            “Wandering around the amusement park? Like the old time? Do you remember it Dayoungie? We went to an amusement park when you were a little girl.” Joon suddenly recalls the old time.

            “I remember it clearly appa. You were in date in Lauren-ie. You did not pay attention to me even slightly.” Dayoung says in a serious tone.

            “WOAH… Where does it come from? I paid attention to you too.” Joon urgently rebuts.

            “Really? I watch the whole recording appa.” Dayoung speaks in a quite cold tone.

            “But…But… you don’t know what was going on inside my head at that time. I tried to attract your attention but you won’t leave G.O hyung side even for a while.” Joon begins to shutter.

            “Jeogmalyo? You just make up thing appa.” Dayoung refuses to believe Joon.

            “Jinja…Jinja… I tried really hard but back then you were a G.O maeragi Dayoungie… You only look at G.O even in the last episode when Leo and Lauren chose me as their most favorite appa you placed me below Mir and crowned G.O hyung as your most favorite appa.” Joon still attempt to do rebuttal.

            “What? Are you saying that I was unapproachable? If I liked Mir appa too means that actually I was approachable.” Dayoung shakes her head.

            “Well… Then why? Why you placed me after Mir and G.O hyung?” For some unknown reason Joon starts to feel his throat is tighten.

            “What? How… How… How I suppose to know appa? I… I was just a little child back then. And why does it bother you? Are you jealous because I chose Mir and G.O appa over you back then?” Dayoung is a little bit surprise because of Joon words.

            “What? But I… I just… But… Are you jealous because I stick to Lauren when we visited amusement park last time?” Truthfully Joon does not know how to answer Dayoung’ question.

            “Errr…. A little bit?” Dayoung answers with unsure tone her cheeks are colored by rosy red.

            “Hahaha… That’s cute Dayoungie. But that’s not the issue anymore. Let’s use this chance to make up the past time. Have you eaten yet? “Dayoungie simply shakes her head.

            “Geure.. Kaja… I bring my private car. Let’s eat! I know a nice restaurant around here; the owner is my friend, so don’t worry about the fans. Just tell your manager to fetch you from there.” Joon pulls Dayoung hand to help her up. They directly go the restaurant.

In the restaurant

            “Why don’t you pick up the phone Dayoungie?” Joon asks curiously as he sees Dayoung’ phone keep displaying a call.

            “Anniyo appa…” Dayoung smile nervously as she tries to busy herself with the food. A few moments later the call stop and Joon can’t help but notice how Dayoung let a sigh.

            “ So… Appa… Tell me about….” Dayoung stops talking when her phone vibrates again.

            “Just answer it Dayoungie…” Joon suggests. “Or… reject it if you don’t want answer the call.” Joon continues.

            “Anniyo appa… I cannot reject it but I don’t want to answer it.” Dayoung makes an effort to smile but fail miserabily.

            “Wae?”

            “………”

            “Dayoungie…?”

            “………”

            “Dayoungie?” Joon notices Dayoung effort not to make eye contact with him.

            “……….”

            “Dayoungie… You know you can always tell me if there is something or… someone bothers you…” Joon takes Dayoung hand to attract her attention.

            “……..”

            “I am your appa… you can always count on me okay?” Joon tries to convince Dayoung, he knows something is wrong. There must be something.

            “Actually….” Finally Dayoung starts talking. “Actually… there is a sunbae of mine appa. He is my senior in my high school. He has this quite disturbing habit, he often texts and calls me. I change my number several times but… but… he always knows.”Joon notices that there is fear in Dayoung eyes.

            “Is he sangsaeng fan? Has he ever tried to hurt you or threat you? Have you told your manager about it?” Joon begins to worry about Dayoung safety.

            “I don’t know appa, but he makes me scared, he often talks about his dates with me. But I never have been in date with him. I have told my manager and she said right now the best way to deal with him is not to answer his phone call.” Dayoung answers gloomily.

            “Geure… Then don’t worry much about it right now Dayoungie. Let’s cheer up!! Don’t talk about depressing thing… But if there is something... you know you can always talk to me. I’ll try my best to help you.” This time Dayoung smile a real smile.

******

Joon’ POV

            “Okay… Okay… I get the gist. It is just a father and daughter date. I’ll call the management. Don’t go anywhere.” Finally after some time my story finish and my manager start to move. Alright… everything is going to be okay… I have nothing to worry anymore.

            “So… Mind to tell us why you don’t call any of us to join the father and daughter date with Dayoungie?”  G.O hyung sends me a glare.

            “And why… why don’t you tell of us about the sangsaeng fan?” Seungho hyung gives me his infamous ‘look’.

            “Also… what’s up with this ‘romantic’ thing form movie, you asked Dayoungie to turn around when you were already standing behind her?” Mir starts his crazy thing.

            “And one more thing… why you try to show this reliable man image in front of Dayoungie?” Thunder also rambles about weird thing.

            Dear God… Please don’t this thing again? Is my members’ craziness incurable?

-TBC-

A/N Yeah RUNNING MAN!! I really like running man…Hehehehe… Anyway here is another update. A long chapter I suppose but hope it is not a boring chapter... Actually I want to write more in this chapter but it will be too long, so I save it for next chapter. Last but not least I really want to thank people who subscribe this story and comment on my story, you are my motivation to keep writing this story..n.n