Chapter 4

As Fate Would Have It

 

After that day in the rain, it was damn near impossible to separate you and Jongup. You were always texting, calling, and seeing one another. You would stay out all night with him, not that your parents ever really noticed. Once you even fell asleep in his practice room at the dance studio he frequented. He kept mentioning how he wanted to introduce you to his new group, but he wasn't sure how his managers would react yet. He still lived at home with his mom and dad—his mom wasn't ready to let him move into a dorm full of rowdy teenage boys just yet. It was a work in progress.

 

Jongup was always holding your hands, hugging you, kissing you—it was as though you two couldn't get enough of each other. Your birthday came and went. Jongup surprised you with a giant stuffed bear and flowers; he was always the romantic. And now the two of you made your way to his home hand-in-hand, and you were scared out of your mind.

 

“What if they don't like me?” you asked. “They'll love you,” was his reply. You shook your head.

 

“What if they think I'm weird?” He laughed at you. “You are weird.” He had answered. You hit his arm, scowling cutely up at him which only seemed to make him laugh even harder.

 

“Chill,” he said. “They're going to like you. My parents aren't psycho, y'know. All I talk about is you. Umma is going out of her mind with how ready she is to meet you. Besides, I like you so they have to like you.” He stopped walking and pulled you to him, his hands resting on your hips instictively as he looked down at you.

 

“So, relax.” He leaned down and kissed you lightly. You smiled against his lips, your arms sliding up to wrap around his neck. You leaned up and kissed him again before grinning cutely.

 

“Okay.”

 

He shook his head, smiling down at you before planting a kiss on top of your head and hugging you to him. “Aish! What are you doing to me, ____-ah?” He jokingly complained. You wrapped your arms around his middle and hugged him tightly, your cheek resting against his chest. You loved moments like this with Jongup.

 

You two finally separated after several moments before making your way towards his house once more. You started to feel your nerves getting the best of you as you prepared to meet his family. You barely got any sleep the night before because you weren't sure what to expect upon arriving. You weren't exactly sure what a “normal” family was supposed to look like. You had the fleeting thought that perhaps Jongup had told his family about your parents, but you let that thought go as fast as it came. He wouldn't have told them. He knew how embarrassed it would have made you.

 

Jongup pulled you to a stop in front of his house and glanced at you, gauging your reaction. It was a moderately sized house—nothing super fancy, which you were relieved. You glanced at him, seeing him watching you and bumped your arm against his. “C'mon,” you said, finally. “I'm fine. Let's go.” You slipped your hand in his and walked with him through his front gate, making your way up to the door. He grinned at you and lead up the path to his house and held open the front door for you to enter.

 

~*~

 

Dinner was eventful. You met his mother, who wasn't much taller than you. She hugged you the moment you walked through the door, stunning you momentarily. She was extremely polite and doted on Jongup the entire night. His father was quiet, but kind. He offered you several servings of the dinner Jongup's mom had prepared, but you politely declined. You were still too nervous to eat much, but you tried. You found out that Jongup had two older brothers who loved to pick on their youngest brother. They the entire night about his relationship with you to which you responded by simiply blushing. They were a bit much as far as their personalities, but you could tell that they adored their brother as much as you did.

 

When dinner had finished, Jongup took your hand as he lead you to the back of his house. He opened one of the doors and, as always, let you walk through first. You stepped inside, taking in your surroundings. “Is this your room?” you asked him. He nodded, following you in and closing the door behind him. He shoved his hands in his pockets and looked around as well.

 

“It's not like.. super dorky is it?” he questioned. You looked around his room, analyzing each aspect. His walls were plain with the exception of a few posters, mainly an American singer by the name of Chris Brown. He had a double sized bed with a black comforter and a pile of pillows. There was a modest sized tv in the corner where he had DVDs and videogames stacked high along with an Xbox 360 and an old playstation. Overall, it looked like a typical seventeen year old boy's bedroom.

 

“I like it,” you said and turned, smiling up at him. “It's very you.”

 

He laughed at that, looking around once more. “I hope that's a good thing.” He went over to his bed and fell back, groaning loudly and held his arms out in your direction. “Come here,” he pouted. You smiled, shaking your head at him but fell on the mattress next to him regardless. He quickly pulled you against his chest and sighed, his chin resting on top of your head. You wrapped your arms around his waist and closed your eyes, content with listening to the sound of him breathing. He ran his fingers through your hair as the two of you laid there, neither one of you saying anything.

 

After a while, Jongup pulled back enough to rest his forehead against yours and sighed. “You make me happy,” he laughed lightly. You smiled up at him and replied, “You make me happy too.”

 

He continued to watch you, not saying anything before leaning in slowly, closing the distance between you two. He pressed his lips firmly against yours and kissed you lazily. You returned the kiss slowly, allowing yourself to melt into him. He moved his hand your to cheek and cupped your face against his palm. Tilting his head, he changed the angle of the kiss and deepened it at a slow pace.

 

You rolled over slightly so your back was pressed against the mattress, wrapping your arms around Jongup's neck to bring him with you. He hovered over you as you continued to kiss him, one of his hands moving next to your head to support his own weight. You titled your head back as you felt his lips moving down to your neck when the entire house shook suddenly with a resounding crash.

 

The two of you separated quickly, Jongup rolling off of you so fast that he almost fell off of the bed. You could hear his brothers arguing loudly outside of the door, yelling something about videogames and headsets. You're face turned bright red at the thought of almost getting caught making out with your boyfriend and you covered the blush with your hands. You couldn't help but giggle as you turned your back away from Jongup, who was still laying on his back next to you. He glanced at you, his lips tilting up slightly in a cute smile before he poked your back playfully.

 

“Yah! Stop laughing! Jerk.” This only made you both laugh harder. The two of you laid there, laughing until you could no longer breath. It was already dark when you realized that you should probably be heading home. After regaining your composure, the two of you left his room so you could say goodbye to his parents. You bowed politely before leaving with Jongup, who insisted that he walk you home. You linked your arm through his as the two of you walked through the quiet streets leading to your neighborhood. You talked comfortably, making time fly by faster than either of you had intended.

 

When you reached your home, he walked you down the alleyway until you reached the front door.

 

“I'll see you tomorrow?” You asked him, your voice sounding pathetic. You really didn't want to leave him. He smiled down at you before leaning in to kiss you lightly.

 

“I'll see you tomorrow,” He answered. You smiled as you kissed him one more time before turning to go inside. He stood at the door, waiting to make sure you made it in alright. You stepped inside, Jongup still standing behind you but you froze when you the light.

 

The whole house was empty. Everything was gone.

 

Including your parents.