Milk Cartons (Haelo)

Seducing Mr. Pauper: Extra!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Stand By U - DBSK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLzujr-rgkI     **Please listen to the song while reading! ^^   Side Note: A story that took place during chapter 46—Can’t Deny It. --------------------- Narrator’s P.O.V:     “Haha, hyung! I made a bigger snowman than you!” The Prince of Kangnam goofily grinned up at his soon to be brother-in-law. His button nose was frozen solid and he could hardly feel his toes, but he didn’t care much.   Daehyun didn’t say a word and continued packing more snow onto a snowball.   “Oh ho,” Zelo puffed out his chest proudly, walking with his hands behind his back like one of the kings from the Joseon Dynasty, “So you quietly accept defeat?”   Daehyun kept his silence.   “Hyung?” Zelo’s role-play faltered for a second as he blinked at him. *Did I make him mad?*   “Hyung? Hyung~ Hyung—AGH!”   Daehyun doubled over in laughter after pelting poor Junhong with the snowball. Shocked, Zelo frowned and wiped his face, “Hyuuuung!”   “I’m sorry, Junhong, but that was hilarious.” Daehyun wiped a tear from the corner of his eye.   Zelo made a dissatisfied face at him, but soon got over it. He looked up at the sky, “Weren’t we supposed to be getting ready? Aren’t your parents coming over, hyung?”   Daehyun started to blink rapidly, “Erm… yeah…”   “Your face is the colour of tomatoes. You’re blushing!”   “N-No, I’m not.”   “Yes you are!” The childish junior wiggled his fingers towards Daehyun mockingly.   “No, I’m not!”
  “Lie all you want, hyung. I know you’re going to explain your relationship with Hana noona to your parents today.” Zelo ruffled his messy head and shrugged, “Don’t worry. Leave Haeyeon to me.”   Daehyun squirmed, “…Yeah. Thanks.”   “Anytime, brother-in-law,” he poked him with his elbow, winking.   Daehyun shook his head with lightly tinged pink cheeks, “Hana’s rubbing off on you.”   Zelo giggled. Before he could say anything else, they heard a distant knocking sound and twirled around to see none other than the Queen herself, waving them in with a smug look on her face.   “Speak of the devil.” Daehyun mused as the two waddled towards her with much difficulty. They must’ve looked like a mess, judging by Hana’s amused expression.   “Noona!” Zelo exclaimed when he walked in the door, “Hyung and I were making a snowman!” He took off his hat to reveal his messy, stuck-up hair.   Hana raised an eyebrow, dusting the snow off of his large jacket, “And how old are you two?”   “Six,” the blond retorted.   “Three,” Daehyun smirked at her. From the corner, Zelo silently watched as Hana helped Daehyun slip off his coat. They already looked like a married couple, and he smiled a little somberly at that.   After Hana joked that they were wise guys, she hurriedly sent Daehyun upstairs to change. Zelo yanked off his scarf and almost choked himself in the process.   Giving him a stern look, Hana was immediately at his aid. She pried his hands off of the scarf and gently slipped it off for him. *Still a kid at heart.*   Quietly, he watched as his elder sister helped him out of his jacket. A few moments later, he murmured, “You’re not nervous, noona?” He was implying about telling Daehyun’s parents that the two were datng.   “Strangely, I’m not.” She quirked her lips. “Normally, I would be, but I don’t feel too nervous. It’s probably because we already told them about it over the phone. Plus, we told dad too. It’s unfortunate that he’s in Tokyo now and can’t meet his in-laws.”   Zelo gave her a look, “In-laws?”   “They will be.” Hana smugly smirked, “I’ll make sure of it. Now hurry up and change!” She pushed him towards the stairs in a rush.   After a hasty reply, Zelo shut his door behind him. He stood there for a while, in the same spot, until his wide grin slowly slipped off of his face.   Instead of changing, he moved towards his messy bed and sat down, resting his arms on his knees.   Junhong didn’t want to admit it, but he was afraid.   He had already lost his older sister, Hayoung. She didn’t want to have anything to do with the family, and although they had a better relationship than Hayoung and Hana did, things were still awkward between them.   When Zelo saw Hana the first time he went to go to the orphanage, he knew she was different. He couldn’t deny it—he was very happy to be around her. Usually, most brother and sisters fought, or had a few scuffles now and then, but that was never the case with him and Hana. They always agreed on everything, and Zelo was more than happy to follow her lead.   Junhong thought that Hana was more of a sister figure compared to Hayoung. Was that wrong? Was it wrong to value a sister that he had no blood relation to, over his biological one?   His thoughts subconsciously shifted over to Daehyun.   Junhong sighed. Daehyun was a good friend. He was a very kind hyung to him, and always helped him out when he needed it.  
Please log in to read the full chapter