Chapter 7- Bao's Pov

Enemy Lines

"You're being hunted." 

"Wh-wha-"

"Bao, when has this stared? Or is this the first time you've seen this?"

"Wait, I'm so confused. Guys what's happening!? What do you mean I'm being hunted!?"

Nothing was making sense at the moment. My eyes were welling up with tears and my ankle was throbbing with pain. I just wanted everything to become a nightmare so I could wake up to a normal morning. I silently pinched myself and closed my eyes. I slowly opened them and saw everything was the same...

"Bao, we have no time to explain everything. Please just tell us if you've experienced something like this before. You and other lives are on the line. Including everyone that was here tonight.."

"Uh well there was this one time..before I got off the plane. I was sitting there on the plane when I started to talk to an elderly women that had been smiling at me the whole plane trip. She said she was going to visit her husband here in Cali" I recalled that moment and the sadness in her eyes

"...but when I asked about it she said he was deceased..and that she was going to visit his soul..I was confused. Her eyes flamed up and seconds later she was on the complete other side of the plane. I asked the stewardess for her name, but when I looked back she was gone...

"I got off thinking I was just sleepy and then minutes after that I came out of the bathroom and...ran into you!"

"I was right..."  Soo leaned back into her chair and rubbed her temples. What was she talking about? What was she right about?!

"Uh...I also saw something weird...today at the beach." L.Joe finally spoke up and seemed like he regreted doing so once Hyun's icy voice followed his question

"What'd you see."

"I was in the bathroom when this old guy came out and then right before he left, his wife came to him...but she was floating...They both disappeared into the floor and then seconds later, the sound of kids laughing appeared as they called my name..." He looked down as he continued, his voice shaking abit.

"I felt something grab me and when I looked down, it was a bunch of hands. Little hands. I ran out of there, thinking it was just the fact that I was dehydrated to the point where I was hallucinating"

"Soo we have to warn the base and get some back up. This is worse than we thought."

"Hyun, Soo, please explain to us what's going on!!"  

I was confused, scared, tired, and nervous. I need to know what the heck is going on. Were these ghost people real? Or am I stuck in a eternal nightmare?

"..We can't..if we do you have to become one of us.."

"One of you? What are you guys? Spies? FBI?" L.Joe was scared, and now, even alittle angry.

"Hyun, we need them to know. And fast."

"No! I can't do that to her!"

Outside, the wind seemed to be picking up.

"HYUNSHIN. Tell them NOW. It'll be too late you do this later."

I felt my tears finally spill over like a silent river. I wanted this to end and return to normal already.

I looked over to L.Joe and saw that he was freaking out from the harsh wind outside. I turned back to Hyun, who looked to be debating over something really hard. Suddenly there was three faint knocks at the door.

"Hyun!"

"No Soo! We can't!"

The front door flew open then, Myungsoo peeked his head in slowly. 

"Hey guys, sorry from showing up unexpectantly...I forgot my jacket."

"Crap! We have to let him know too!"

"What!? No! Even more no! We just can't let in three new members at a chaotic time like now!"

The windows broke, sending glass all around, voices and murmmers filled the air. Chills arose from my skin and left me with prickly skin

"It's going to be late Hyun, imprint them now!" Soo got up from her chair and pulled out a sword from thin air.

"What's going on!?" I looked at Myungsoo who was displaying complete confusion. He ran to us when the door shut itself and things were falling from the shelves.

"Do it Hyun!"

I finally let my stare bore onto Hyunshin. His skin had been drain of all color and was left sheet white. He walked over to us with a stamp thing and stamped us all. He saved me for last but I wished he hadn't.

First was Myungsoo. His expression turned from confused to blank before he knocked out. L.Joe was the same but I could see the fear in his eyes all the while.Hyun was finally making his way to me then. His cheek sparkled as he looked at me and mouthed 'sorry'.

My cheeks were probably stained with tears by now. My eyes, I bet they were beyond puffy. My muscles felt like rubber bands as they tense up and relax. My mind was blank but exploding with the new knowledge that I wished I hadn't had to gain on such short notice.

I opened my eyes and saw that I was in a different place. Everything was calm but different.

'Where am I' I thought to myself.

I picked my self up and saw I was in some kind of dojo. I opened a screen door and saw Hyun, Soo, Myungsoo and L.Joe all sitting on the floor at a table with tea. At the head of the table was an man in a sensai outfit.

Okay. I'm dreaming.

"Bao...I'm sorry it had to end like this, for you to become one of us..." Soo came over and grabbed my arms, tears flooding her eyes.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Kim Bao. You, Lee Byunghun, and Kim Myungsoo have become memebers of the Soul Hunter Society."

"I am...we are...what?"

"Starting today, you three well begin your training as Soul Hunters."