Big Break

journey to ROCKBOTTOM

Doo Joon P.O.V

 We were still celebrating Ji Eun’s good news when our Director hyung came in. Me and my team members straightened up immediately. He told us to sit down and looked really serious. “You boys have been working really hard lately, but you guys are trying to take over the music world and the level youre working right now won’t cut it. Especially if you guys are going to debut next month. I looked at my team members and saw their jaws drop to the ground, so just like mine. We knew debut would be soon, but we had no idea how soon. I would graduate high school and then I would debut right after. My head was spinning. I looked over at Ji Eun and she looked like she wanted to cry. I knew how proud she was of us. Director hyung left the room after telling us our schedule for the upcoming month and I gathered all my team members. “Guys this is it. We’ve been waiting for this chance for so long. Lets so everyone Beast is the best. HWAITING!!!”  Ji Eun screamed from the corner.. “You guys know what this means right?” We all looked at each other and simultaneously groaned “Congratulatory party?” I asked.. hoping, REALLY REALLY HOPING I was wrong. “YESSSS CONGRATULATORY PARTY!!!!!! I WILL SEE YOU GUYS AT MY HOUSE IN ONE HOUR!” She ran out of the room super excited and we just all fell to the floor.

“Another congratulatory party?” asked Dong Woon.

“Can you imagine what would happen if those pictures of us in party hats gets out on the internet?” Hyunseung asked.

“I’m going to have to work out for 24 hours straight after this” Ki Kwang cried.

“Guys its really not that bad!” I said.

They all looked at me like I was insane. “Ok! So maybe Ji Eun goes crazy planning these congratulatory parties. Sure she has them for the tiniest thing like when Yoseob found 20 dollars on the floor and when Junhyung got a nice haircut. And yes, she prepares way too much food and expects us to eat it all and we get in trouble the next day because we cant dance. And yes, those party hats do look ridiculous and she wont let us take them off. BUTTT.. don’t we always end up having fun anyway?”

The members all looked a little guilty for not being more excited. Then Yoseob gave a big smile. “CONGRATULATORY PARTTYYYYY!! WOOOO~~~~” He screamed. We all gathered our stuff and braced ourselves for the night to come. We all got to Ji Eun’s house and boy were we surprised when we got there. There was no food on the table, no balloons, no streamers, nothing. It looked nothing like the congratulatory parties she’d thrown before.

“Ji Eun, I know its been a while but do you think youre losing your touch with throwing these parties” Junhyung asked.. throwing in a quick smile so he wouldn’t get hit.

“Well this is your guys’ debut so it cant be just any kind of congratulatory party.. it has to be special!”

Our eyes were all filled with worry.

“WE’RE GOING NORAEBAAAAAANNNNGGG!!!!!”

I swear I thought Yoseob was going to cry. If anyone loved to karaoke out of all of us.. it would be Yoseob. He grabbed Ji Eun and hugged her as if she had given him the gift of life. We all took the bus downtown to our favorite karaoke place. We hadn’t gone in years, probably since the day that Dong Woon became the final member of our group and we officially got our name BEAST. Before we could even settle down and Yoseob could grab a mic.. Ji Eun pulled something out of her bag.

“YOU BROUGHT THE PARTY HATS?” I screamed.

“I HAD TO! IT WOULDN’T BE A CONGRATULATORY PARTY WITHOUT THEM!”

She started distributing them to all of us and all of us took them begrudgingly and put them on. I couldn’t even begin to tell you how ridiculous we looked. Six grown men with multi-colored party hats on our heads.. She took a picture of us and then finally gave the mic over to Yoseob.. and like that, our night began.

We karaoked for four hours straight. That was four hours of Yoseob trying to hog the mic as much as he could, four hours of Junhyung dance battling Hyunseung, even to the slow songs, four hours of Ki Kwang to convince us to sing along to “Dancing Shoes”, four hours of me trying to take off and hide everyones party hats and four hours of Ji Eun catching me every time I did that.  It was finally time to go home. We all said our goodbyes as all the guys walked one direction and Ji Eun and I walked together in the other.

I could tell she was cold. She always had this habit of biting her bottom lip when she was really cold. I took off my hoodie and gave it to her.

“Here. You can add it to the collection”

Ji Eun also has a habit of not checking the weather forecast and so she never brings a jacket when she should so over the years, I’ve given her a bunch of hoodies to wear but she ends up keeping some of the ones she likes the best. I don’t really mind. I kind of like it when she keeps them. I don’t know why. Its just something we do I guess.

She took the hoodie gratefully from me. “Thanks.. I don’t have a yellow one yet”. She stuck her tongue out playfully at me as we continued to walk home.

“So since youre debuting soon, I guess that means you’re going to move to your dorm soon huh?”

I could tell she was trying to sound excited for me but there was a hint of sadness too.

“Why? You going to miss me?”

“Please.. miss you barging into my room? Eating all my food? Leaving the toilet seat up in my bathroom? I think not!’

“Hey I make it up to you don’t I?!?!?”

“Doo Joonie, I don’t think you organizing my nail polish colors in my room qualifies as making it up to me”.

“HEY! THAT TOOK ME A REALLY LONG TIME! Ballerina Slipper Pink and Flirtatious Pink are practically the same color!”

I playfully shoved her to the other side of the sidewalk but when I noticed she was staying on that side I quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her back next to me.

Ji Eun P.O.V

When he touched my hand I felt like my heart was on fire. Only he had this effect on me. I looked at him and realized what exactly him debuting meant. It meant him having a crazy lifestyle, it meant that thousands of people would be watching his every move, it meant the world was going to know who he was but would I? Would he still be my best friend Yoon Doo Joon? I pushed those thoughts to the back of my head.. it wasn’t time to think like that.

“Doo Joonie, let’s make sure to go to the amusement park one last time before you debut. We might not be able to go anymore after.”

“Ji Eun, I’m not dying, I’m just debuting. I can take you to the amusement park thousands of times if I want”.

“I know, but its not going to be the same. You’ll have to be wearing disguises and stuff. Remember youre going to be Yoon Doo Joon the star, how are you going to sneak in undetected?”

He stopped walking for a minute and turned to me with a serious face. “You know I’ll always be Yoon Doo Joon the best friend before anything else right?”

These words brought both happiness and pain to my heart. He’ll be my best friend before anything else. Nothing more.

“Yeah, I know”

He gave a satisfied smile and we kept walking home. He walked me to the front of my house and didn’t leave until I was safely inside and my lights, like he always does. And then I walked to my living room window, watched him go across the street until he was safely inside his house, like I always do.



---

Weeee another chapter! More subscribers & comments.. I'm happy! I'll try to post the next chapter faster. Thanks to everyone supporting the story! :)