Where it all began

journey to ROCKBOTTOM

Doo Joon POV

“YOON DOO JOON! IF YOU DON’T GET OUT OF BED, SO HELP ME I WILL POST THE PICTURES OF YOU IN A BATH TUB ALL AROUND SCHOOL!!!”. I opened my eyes but shut it immediately because the sun was blinding my eyes.  “YOON DOO JOON! I SAW YOU OPEN YOUR EYES! WAKE UP! I’M GOING TO GET THE PICTURE!” I opened my eyes again for a little longer this time. I saw my best friend Lee Ji Eun staring at me with her angry face. I hate that face. I kept my eyes open long enough to push the face in front of mine away. I heard a thud on the floor, I guess I pushed a little too hard. “That’s it Yoon Doo Joon. I warned you. OMONIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” she screamed. “ DO YOU STILL HAVE DOO JOONS BOX OF BABY PICTURES AROUND? I NEED TO SEE SOMETHING” I bolted straight up and covered with my hand. “IT’S OKAY UMMA.. JI EUN WAS KIDDING.. NO ONE NEEDS TO SEE THOSE PICTURES.. EVER!!!!”. She gave me a smug smile. A smile where she knew she won. “Get up and let’s go or else we’ll be late!” “ Ji Eun, I don’t need to go to school, I’m going to be a singer. I’ll never need to know calculus to be a singer. You go to school and learn calculus because if I’m ever on one of those quiz shows where I would need to know calculus, I’ll just call you!”. I plopped my head down on my pillow preparing to go back to bed but Ji Eun was too fast. She pulled my blankets off me forcing me curl up in a ball. “Doojoonie if I knew you were going to be this big of a pain in my I would’ve never dragged you to that audition”

She always used that on me. Whenever I didn’t listen to her or would fight she would always shove it in my face that she was the reason that I was going to be a famous singer and if it wasn’t for her then I wouldn’t have auditioned for CUBE Entertainment & become a trainee.. and even though she’s right, I hated admitting it. “Yah, Ji Eun. How many times do I have to tell you I would’ve gone eventually!!!”. “Psh, Fine! Whatever stay in bed I don’t care. I’ll just walk to school by myself. Some best friend you are!” I saw her pout and slowly walk away. I thrashed around in my bed a little bit knowing that I had to get up because whenever she made that face, I always gave in. “OKAY. I’M UP. Ji Eun stop pouting ok?” she looked up and smiled.. again with that smug smile. “Stop smiling. You’re going to get wrinkles. You’ll never get a boyfriend if you get wrinkles”. She stuck her tongue out at me but kept on smiling.

My best friend Lee Ji Eun. How should I describe her? Where would I even start? We met when we were 5 years old. I just moved in across the street and my mom forced me to go say hi to the neighbors. She told me they had a daughter my age and we could become friends. I told my mom that was disgusting and I didn’t want to be friends with a girl. Didn’t she know that girls had cooties and the second you touch them they poison you with pink glitter??? She dragged me over there anyway. Mrs. Lee, Ji Eun’s aunt opened the door. She saw me and pinched my face.. something she still does today and told me how cute I was. I was a pretty cute kid. I saw a little girl standing behind her legs. Her cheeks were chubby and her eyes were big. She was wearing a baseball cap and she had dirt all over her clothes. She didn’t look very girly at all. I heard Mrs. Lee say “Ji Eun say hi to Doo Joon. Hes your new neighbor and you two can play together”. She gave me a small wave and I just politely smiled at her. Maybe if I wasn’t nice to her she wouldn’t want to play with me and I wouldn’t get killed by cooties. My mother pushed me to go inside and sit down in their living room. Mrs. Lee said “Ji Eun why don’t you take Doo Joonie to our backyard to play”. She didn’t say anything she just nodded and started walking and I followed her. We both just sat down on the grass together in her backyard. I kept my distance of course. I didn’t know how far pink glitter could travel, but after awhile the silence was getting really annoying. Did this girl not know how to talk at all? I looked over and saw her ripping up the flowers that were growing amongst the grass. “Excuse me.. you shouldn’t do that to the flowers” I said. She looked at me like I was crazy. I picked a couple that were around me and tied them together to make a bracelet just like my mom taught me and I handed it to her. “My mom taught me how to do that.. you can keep it!” She looked at me and that crazy look went away. She smiled and took it from me and as she did that I felt her fingers touch my hand. No glitter shot at me. No poison, nothing. “ Thank you” she said and I smiled back. I scooted over next to her now knowing she wasn’t going to kill me and started to teach her how to make them. By the time my mom came to get me we made about five flower bracelets and three mud pies. I waved at her as my mom held my hand to take me home. “Doo Joonie!!! Come over tomorrow too ok?” I smiled and gave a thumbs up and that’s the day we became best friends.

Now 12 years later and we’re still best friends. She wasn’t so much of a tomboy anymore and I wasn’t so scared of girls anymore but we were basically the same best friends we always were. I still saw her everyday, we still had our weekly movie nights and she was still smiling all day everyday. That’s my best friend Lee Ji Eun.

Ji Eun POV

               My best friend Yoon Doo Joon. How should I describe him? Where would I even begin? We’ve been friends forever and honestly, I might have been in love with him forever. Now don’t get crazy. I know I’m 17.. I’m a kid and I don’t know anything about love. Heck, I don’t even really know I’m in love with him But I know I want him to be happy. I always want him to be happy.. sometimes even more than I want myself to be happy. He always sticks up for me no matter what.. and I guess I’m in love with him for that. Doo Joon came to be my friend when I really needed him. After my umma left and I had to move to Seoul and live with my aunt I didn’t make friends with anyone, until Doo Joonie moved into town. 12 years later and we’re still as close as we’ve always been. I remember the first time I heard him sing. I was seven years old and I was sad that my mom wasn’t around. I thought she would come back that day, especially since I got her a present but she never showed up. I cried and cried in Doo Joon’s room and he had no idea how to make me better. All of a sudden he started singing my favorite song to me. We were seven years old but I knew he was amazing. I didn’t even realized I had stopped crying. “Babo.. don’t cry anymore. Next time you want to cry just let me know and I’ll sing for you and make it better”.  That was the day I told him “Yoon Doo Joon you’re going to be a star.”





hope everyone liked the first chapterrr!! Leave comments & suggestions pleaassee :)

& thanks to the subscribers.. it makes me happy~