And can you try?

Will you hold my hand?

Little by little things were going well. Learning a new word every day, with the help of Kyuhyun and Donghae. 
Takeing a new step everytime i tried to walk. 

When i went to the doctors for my check up, they were baffled. 

I Lee Hyukjae had a 40 to 60% chance of not being able to speak full words. But I did, not very well, but I did.

I Lee Hyukjae had an even lesser chance of walking more then a few steps at a time. But with extra help, pratice, and determination. Leg braces and crutches could be an option in less then a year.

I Lee Hyukjae, am beating the odds that were thrown aganst me.
________________________

"Hae" I called softly to the boy sitting accross from me at the table. He looked up, brown eyes looked at me questionly. 
"Yes, Hyukjae." He answered, his lovely voice filling my ears. I pointed to the bag of cookies that was closer to him on the table then me, and pointed to my mouth. 
"Oh" He chuckled and opened the bag to hand me one. Have i mentioned how much i love Oreos. 
"You" I whispered, thanks was just too big of a word to say. He smiled, a bright toothy grin "You're welcome." He dropped his head and continued scribbleing on his paper, occasionaly stopping and looking up to the ceiling, tonuge pokeing out between his lips. He was an amazing sight to watch as i muched on my cookie. I wonder if he knew how beautiful he is. 

A poke on my shoulder took me out of my studing of Donghae, and Kyuhyun was standing next to me along with Yesung, hand in hand. 
"Hi" I greeted them with a squeese to both of thier hands and a smile. Everytime a word passed through my lips, a surge of excitement passed through my veins. 
"Hello to you too" He smiled, "Hey Donghae, what are you doing?" Donghae shook his head a murrmerd "I can't tell" Kyuhyun shurged his shoulders and turned back to me.
"Are you ready to walk today Hyuk?" Kyuhyun asked. I nodded, walking was my least favorite. But something I longed to do. 

He pushed my chair twards the metal bar in the hallway, the bar was used for support  and something for people to hold on to as they walked or shuffled down the cordoor. He placed his hand on my lower back as i stood up. Yesung held on to my chair, and would follow me with it in case i need to sit down sooner. Donghae stood a few feet in front of me, to catch me if i fell. But i used him as something to walk to, something i wanted to reach. 
I took the first few steps with ease, my body relying on muscle memory as i placed one foot infront of the other, the urge to give up was in the back of my mind. 

Left foot, right foot. Left foot, right foot. 
I didn't notice Kyuhyun's hand leaving the small of my back as he stood and watched me walk alone. I didn't notice yesung stop following me with my chair. I didn't notice my right hand let go of the bar attached to the wall.
I didn't notice my body walking alone. 
I didn't notice until we reached the end of the hall and Donghae's arms were wrapped around me.

"I'm so proud you Hyukjae" Donghae whispered into my ear as Yesung and Kyuhyun ran up next to me laughing and ruffleing my hair. 

I felt invinceable. 


_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SOOOOOO let me say im completely sorry its been such a long time since I updated this. But there was so much goin on with school and home life that i kind of put it off for a while. 
But thank you for all the comments, and subscribers. 47  of you :D i cant thank you all enough.
And once again, Silent readers Saranghae <3