Deployment?!

Army Wife

 

5 months before deployment

“Kahi?” Ji-Hoon says in his deep husky voice. I slowly open my eyes and picks up my head off his shoulder.

“Yes?” I say, Looking up into his loving brown eyes.

“I've been thinking for some time” He pauses.

“You've been thinking?” I continue his sentence.

“I think we should see other people. It's not me. It's you. You should change.” I stare at him. My eyes start to tear up and I stand up and start to walk away.

“WAIT! KAHI!” He yells after me. I wipe my tears as they continue to fall. I turn around to see him. On his knees with a ring box in his hand. “When I said you should change, I mean you should change your last name.” He smiles brightly at me. “to Jung.” I stand there in shock. I begin to weep. His smile changes into a frown and he runs up to me and hugs me. “You told me when you got married that you would want to be surprised!”

“So you decide to surprise me with pain?” I cry even more. He gets onto his knee and restarts the proposal.

“Kahi, your the water to my tear! The lead to my pencil. The jelly to my peanut butter! Baby, I never want to share those cheesy lines with anyone else.” He smiles. “I want to wake up every morning knowing that I have the most incredible woman in the world! I want to make you smile baby. Every minute, every second of the day. Your that one special person that only comes around once a lifetime and I would be so foolish to not marry you. So what I am asking you, Kahi Park, is for you to be my wife. I want you to be that one special person that only comes once in a lifetime.”

I smile at him and I stick out my hand “Yes. Yes I will marry you!” He picks me up and carries me into the car. Smiling so hard that his face just may stay that way.

   1 day before deployment

“Your in the army?!?” I yell. “You never told me!”

“Babe, calm down. And to be fair, you never asked.” He says putting the last of his bags at the door.

“Oh okay! So from now on when I'm on my first date I'll ask “Are you in the army? Sorry I am asking so premature but I don't want to find out a year and half later that you are! Been there done that”

“You won't need to be on another date sweetie. Remember? Together forever!” He smiles at me and tries to give me a hug and a kiss. “My ride is here. I'll write as much as I can.” He grabs his bags and walks out the door.

I run upstairs to take a shower and find my best party outfit. I whisper to myself “Your basically a single women. So it's time to act like one” I throw the ring on the bed and I run into the shower.

 

So it's a short chapter! I know! But I'll try to make the next one longer! Anyways, any suggestions on how to make the stories better? Please comment. Thanks.