Their past; Autumn in Paradise

Sincerity of Love
 
 
 
 
Chapter three
autumn in paradise

Beyond honesty, a tradition of honeymoon never comes to her mind. When everyone say it a must for newlywed take a trip together; as of now called honeymoon to established their relationship and shared some intimacy, Soojung use to laughed at that modesty idea. For her –either it is sounds corny or not– they do not have to go on honeymoon to established more their relationship, as long as they spend the quality of time together. Nonetheless, her sister and her mother in-law convinced her enough if from this honeymoon trip, it could be ease their comfort zone towards some physical relationship, which is one of the primary means of bonding during the initial days of their marriage. And Soojung could not disagree more about that, because if she think deeper about this matter, she really need something to put her in an ease toward some physical relationship—God know how she still so awkward whenever Yixing expressed his feeling toward her through physical act. More over, after the tension of preparation for their wedding ceremony, it is not bad to go on trip before going back to their normal daily life and settling down to their new house, the real started of their marriage.

And after the brainwashing from her sister and her mother in-law, Soojung finally agree with this so called honeymoon trip, even though she still does not have any idea where they would stay for their honeymoon. She felt so much like a fool for this moment. Even she did not know what's the clothes she would wear for their honeymoon, what's inside the luggage because her sister already prepared everything for her.

But through Yixing, and how he put her in so much ease, she know she did not need to worry about anything as long as there is him with her; she felt safe.

Literally, Soojung has not fully wide awake through their arrival in this foreign land. Not after a long 11 hours and 6 minutes flights. Not after her husband steal a kiss or more inside the plane and not after she cuddled with Yixing in the whole night.

In fact, Yixing need to hold her arms and dragging her when his other hand pulling a trolley of their luggage in the airport.

“Are you still sleepy, baby?” Yixing turned around and pulled the strand of her hair out of her face. It was so funny how her hair covered most part of her face when she was walking beside him. People might mistake her as the prettiest sadako ever.

“Not really.” She managed to smile and rest her head at his shoulders, “Where are we now?” She asked lazily.

Yixing laughed, but not loud enough. It was amused him how she has not realized yet where they are now. He holds her shoulders and turns her body around facing the huge window at the airport.

 “G-greece?!” Soojung beamed and prevented herself from jumping madly when she finally –fully– awake.

“Yes, we are at Greece.” He holds her hand and showing her the warm smile on his face, “I remember you really want to go here.”

“Yixing, though you, our friends and my father were upset me yesterday, but I will forgive you this time.” She pecks his cheeks softly and sighing in pleasure as her eyes cannot stop eyeing each corner of the airport and her feet cannot wait to take another step and finally began their honeymoon in Greece.

“You seem loves here more than you love me,” His brow arched and he frowned like a child as if he was begging for her attention through pulling her closer at him.

“What if I say yes?” Soojung playfully hit his chest, “I am kidding, Yixing. Do not be over jealous for a stupid reason, could you?” Amusedly, Soojung pinched the bridge of his nose.

 “Fine, I will let it this time. But I will not forgive you if you dare ignored me in our honeymoon,” He fakely glared at her and pulled himself out of her embrace unwillingly, “Can you wait for a bit?”

Through confusion, Soojung nodded her head and let Yixing goes somewhere when she starts to looks around with a sparks on her eyes.

While leaving Soojung alone, Yixing go to a Tourist information station in Arrivals and asks some Ferry information from Piraeus ports, and got a printed brochure of that.

“What took you so long?” Soojung approached Yixing with a hurried step.

“I need to ask some stuff here. But it is all done now.” He smiles slyly while showing her a brochure of Santorini tourist guide.

“Wait… Are we going to stay at Santorini?” She giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck, showering him with her chaste kisses.

“Hmm-mm,” He smiles in satisfactions and gladly kissed her back, his arms wrapped around her waist.

He did not know is it because of an autumn or just the mood that make everything seems fitted with this season. Just like an autumn, there is no hurry from their kiss. It is as slow as the leaves that took so much time to changed their colors and fall patiently. It is just like the sky in autumn, how their embrace feels mellow, light and gentle.

And as the time tickling slowly, Krystal ended their tender kisses with a side glared from her eyes, earning a confused yet dissapointed look from Yixing, "What's wrong?"

"I still upset, honestly, How you and everyone left me out from the preparation and everything. I feel like a fool just sitting there while you and probably our friends and parents arranging and preparing our honeymoon." Her fingers pinched his waist lightly and in a mere second, her other hands hit his shoulders in annoyance.

Yixing flinched and giving her an apologetic smile while he caught her hands and hold them tightly on his, "I am so sorry, i do not mean to make you feel left out and such. Forgive me?" He kissed her oh so softly that Soojung swear she would do anything in her life to get kissed again by this man.

"Fine." Soojung give up and give him a smile.

"So, what would we do now?” She asked excitedly and snuggled closer to her smiling husband.

“We would have a lunch here, and later we will ride a ferry to Santorini at four.”

“That’s sounds nice, hence my stomach was grumbling since god knows. I am starving.” Soojung playfully patted her stomach, earning a chuckle from Yixing.

 

When they finally arrived at Santorini after take a ferry ride for 90 minutes and arrived at the port, the  sun drops into the blue Aegean horizon at day’s end, illuminating the caldera of the Santorini volcano in a stunning twilight, that enchant her with its sensuous haze and the intoxicating scent of the air tickling her sense with the most pleasant feeling, and spoiled her eyes with its dramatic views and rich landscape.

Their eyes cast about their surrounding. From the colorful narrow stairs made by rock, they took a slow step. There was mediterranean flowers in each side, brightened up all the white-washed traditional cave houses that were perched on the summit of steep, well defended rocky promontory. In the end of the stairs, a bigger street welcomed them with numerous cafes, winery museum, church and villas, with more colorfull walls such as blue, orange, and red. It is seems the construction materials made by defined black stone, red stone and well crafted by the craftman. It is amazed them how those old churches and houses standing still proudly despite the old ages. The houses roofed with typical blue cylindrical and some with cross vaults as the houses dug out of the vertical face of the lava cliffs. The harmony of the old architecture itself dazzled them, and locked their heart in this stunning paradise.

"It is beautiful, Yixing..." Krystal sighed in delighted and squeezed his hands softly while her eyes now caught a mediterranean flowers with lush petals and burgundy color.

A soft wind them delicately, and the tourists passing by with a huge smile on their faces, just like Yixing and Soojung's.

"I assume you like it here, then?" Yixing put his thumb down on her chin and caressed her jawline with his finger.

"I love it instead, Yixing. It is perfect." Krystal turned her body around facing him and smiles widely, "There's something i curious about. Where we would stay?"

"Oia village," He answered and read once more the brochure, "It is not far away from here," Yixing hummed and read it continously, "I think it is only few blocks away from here. We need to climb in the right stairs beside that floral shop, and make a turn. Yeah, it won't be that far." Yixing placed the brochure back to the bag and stares at her, "Or do you want to grab some coffee first and resting a bit?" He was worried if Soojung might get tired for walking and climbing the stairs.

"No, i am fine. Let's continue." She said with the indefinable excitedment from her eyes and literally dragging him along into the right direction while two helper guy dragging their luggages in behind.

Yixing is smart indeed how he chooses the right season to come to Santorini. They say autumn is the season of romance and love when you want to take a long but slow walks, pleasing your senses with beautiful scenery and be tender with your love one. And in this mystical season, he brought his love one into this beautiful place, Santorini. Where the god and goddess were exists in this place, he brought his living, enchanting goddess, Zhang Soojung.

The lovebirds take their steps through a long stairs, Soojung's eyes glowing in happiness when she saw a seaside cliff through their journey. The roads between villages at Santorini were not crowded with buses or cars, and she knew she gonna love to stay here, in the peaceful place and far from hustle and bustle Seoul City. Which contradicted from her, Yixing's eyes crasted into a moon-shaped while he smiles warmly seeing her.

As they continue to walk, they realized the road is characteristically made using whitewash-outlined polygonal and shaped flagstones with a broader facade, and when they make a turn, a more narrow facade could be seen as some of two storey houses with colorful-washed wall standing in both side. Each houses have an outdoors stairway which allow whoever stay at those house access the street through of the storey.

The villa they rented just like any other traditional cave house with a blue-washed top and furnished in local Cycladic style. It have two storey and outdoors stairway as well in the left side of the villa. The outside of their villa looks pretty straight and clean with a white-washed wall, with a few small windows along with the more specific blue domed roofing, perched on cliff sides and give them a straight sea-side view from the veranda. The walls quietly slant out and tight into the soil to mske the building keeps safe from the island's rocky ground. Contrast from the white-washed walls, each doors, balcony and the stairs painted with aqua and light salmon color.

"This is the villa you rented, sir, ma'am." Said one of the helper boy and give Yixing a key for the villa after he translated some of the words the owner told them from Greek language, which mostly both Yixing and Soojung hardly understand what she was saying.

"Alright, thank you so much." After giving the helper boy their tips, Yixing turned the key and opened the aqua-colored door of their villa. From inside, the walls dominated with a white color as the furniture looks traditional with a wooden desk and chair. Soojung cannot stay still and running inside as her fingers touched each edges of the rounded table before disappeared inside and examined the kitchen. It was a semi-opened kitchen in the left side of veranda, with a wide sea as the landscape and the cliff at the right. Outside the kitchen, there was a round white couches with small table, and the side have an outdoor jacuzzy.

"Were not i told you to not ignored me?" Yixing who was following Soojung from behind wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her from behind as he pressed her back into his chest, "... Then you are abandon me just now and leave me all alone, hm?"

"Stop being a whiny husband, could you? It is less than five minutes i left you but you--"

"Oh believed me, Soojung, i do not think i could survive for being away from you even for five minutes." He whispered ever so dramatically earning a laugh from Soojung and a playful hit on his arms.

"Since when you become a drama like this?" Soojung give her a side glance and pecks him softly on the cheeks.

"Since you become my wife." Yixing replied wittily and steal a kiss on the lips.

"So you put the blame on me? What did i ever do?" Soojung frowned and folded her arms acrossed her chest and starightened.

"You did something wrong in the past to makes me falling in love with you over and over again." Yixing murmured in between his light kisses.

"Uh, do not be too cheesy, Yixing. I might throw up." Soojung pushed him away playfully and once more leaving him as she walks to the veranda and sit on the couch, her eyes gazing straight the sea.

"See, you abandon me again..." He whined once more and sighed desperately.


a/n: sorry it took me forever update this and probably it was too short. T.T

my schedule in the college were so hectic and i got part time job on the summer so i can't updated any of my stories. I will try updated the next chapter faster than this and i am so sorry if it was so lame, i kinda have a writer block now. I'll try to make a better chapter. If i have more time, i might add new chapter this weekend. Don't forget to leave some comment