i. Surprise?

Flower Lover

The light glowed brightly. Jaekyu widened her eyes as she saw it, but she couldn’t move away. The pain went away for the moment’s being, as fear began to take control of her mind. As the light grew brighter, Jaekyu could only close her eyes. She winced at how bright the light was, even with her eyes closed. Oh crap, please tell me that something bad isn’t going to happen. I’ve been a good girl, right? Suddenly, the light stopped shining, and Jaekyu slowly opened her eyes. A boy near her age was peering at her with wide eyes. She blinked, before she screamed.
 

“Who-who are you?” she asked loudly, as she pointed her finger at him.


The pain began to come back to her shin, as she moved. She winced.
 

“I’m Baekhyun,” he replied to her in a raspy voice, “and I’m here to help.”
 

He slowly came over to Jaekyu. Jaekyu gulped, as she tried to move away. “I-I-I don’t need any help. I don’t need help from strangers,” she told him.
 

“But you’re hurt, and you’re crying. Please let me help,” he begged softly.
 

Jaekyu kept silent, and bit her lip. Baekhyun took the silence as an okay to help her take out the branch in her foot.
 

“Ow, ow, ow,” Jaekyu wimpered, as Baekhyun tried to carefully remove the branch for her. “Sorry,” he whispered, as he tried to take it out slower.
 

Jaekyu grimaced, bit her lip, and winced as Baekhyun slowly pulled out the branch. Baekhyun threw the branch onto the ground, and stared at the hole in her shin. What could he wrap the injury in? He ripped some of his shirt off, and began to wrap it tightly around Jaekyu’s leg. Jaekyu closed her eyes, as the pressure built up. It stung madly.
 

“If there’s no pressure, then it’s going to continue to be unwell,” Baekhyun murmured. Her fingers grasped the grass, as Baekhyun tied the cloth.
 

“There,” Baekhyun whispered. Jaekyu sighed in relief, before she fell to the ground. She was glad that Baekhyun had helped her. She would’ve probably lost all of her blood or something if he hadn’t helped her. But then a thought struck her. “Who are you?”
 

“I am Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun,” he replied, as he sat down from his kneeling position. He grinned, and his eyes turned into small cresents. “I’m 13 years old. Well, in flower years anyways,” Baekhyun rambled, his voice still weak and raspy.
 

Jaekyu shot up. “What? Flower years?” she questioned, as she looked at him.
 

Now that she was looking at him, she noticed what he actually looked like. He had brown hair and pale skin. The most particular thing about him, was that his eyes were golden brown. Almost as golden as the pollen. Baekhyun tilted his head.
 

“Yeah, flower years. I’m a flower. Well, a daisy,” he explained.
 

“A daisy? Like, one of these?” Jaekyu asked, as she pointed to a daisy next to her.
 

Baekhyun nodded his head. “Yeah, one of those.”
 

Now that he mentioned it, the green cloth he was wearing wasn’t from this century. It wasn’t from any century, period. Jaekyu blinked. “Oh crap, what do I do with you?” she asked him.
 

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. “What?”
 

Jaekyu sighed, before he tried to get up. A piercing pain shot up her leg. “Aish,” she cursed. Baekhyun’s eyes widened, before he helped her up onto her feet. She winced at the pain that was coming back to her shin. “Come on, I’ll help you home,” Baekhyun whispered.
 

“Of course you’re going to have to help me home. I was going to make you come with me anyways. I can’t abandon you in the forest--especially since you transformed from a flower,” Jaekyu replied, as she began to hop on one foot.
 

“No wait, my phone!” she exclaimed suddenly.
 

Baekhyun was shocked with her sudden outburst, so he let go of her. She yelped, before she flew backwards, and landed on her back. “Ouch!” she groaned.

 

Baekhyun closed his eyes and bit his lip. Why was she so clumsy? He opened them up to find her on the ground. He spotted her phone soon after, and picked it off the ground. He soon lifted Jaekyu back up. “I have your phone. Can we go back to your house now? We need to properly treat your shin,” Baekhyun told her.
 

Jaekyu pouted. She had just fallen, and this is what he tells her? Not even an, ‘are you okay’? “Okay fine. It’s that yellow one, right there,” she told him, as she pointed her free finger to her house. It was only a few blocks away. Baekhyun nodded his head, since his throat was getting sore. He felt a lack of water, and the sweat that was exiting his body that that very second wasn’t helping. He got to the door, and Jaekyu opened it for him. There, Yoonhae was watching t.v.
 

“Hey mom, I’m back!” Jaekyu exclaimed, as Baekhyun helped her into the kitchen.
 

Yoonhae turned to look at her, before she froze at the sight. First, the fact that Jaekyu’s shin was wrapped in a cloth, with a bloody red splotch on it. Second, the boy that was helping her wore clothes that reminded her of none other than: Luhan.
 

“Mom?” Jaekyu asked, before Baekhyun helped her onto the chair.
 

Luhan... was dressed in yellow cloth. This kid’s... green coarse clothes are just like his. This can’t be right. Yoonhae sprung up from her seat abruptly, as Baekhyun began to look for a first aid kit.
 

“Who is he, and where is he from?” Yoonhae blurted.
 

Jaekyu looked at her in surprise. She didn’t expect such... straight forwardness for Baekhyun. She expected her mom to be worried about her first, then about Baekhyun. “He’s Baekhyun,” she replied.


Yoonhae looked at Jaekyu. “Tell me the truth Jaekyu-yah... Where did he come from?”
 

Jaekyu bit her lip. She knew that her mom wasn’t as accepting as she was. Her mom was careful, and it was because of a rough childhood. “He... he came from a daisy,” she confessed, before she braced herself for a fit of laughter and more questions.
 

But that didn’t happen. Her mom gave her a look of disbelief.
 

“No... no. It can’t be,” Yoonhae muttered.
 

Jaekyu gave her mom a confused look. She only watched, as Yoonhae went up to Baekhyun, and began to look at him. Yoonhae searched for that familiar feeling. Baekhyun’s hair was brown, like his roots. His skin was pale, like his petals. But why were his eyes golden brown, and his clothes green? “You’re not an easter lily, are you?” she asked softly.
 

Baekhyun shook his head. “Daisy,” he whispered hoarsely.
 

Millions of thoughts flooded through Yoonhae’s mind. Why did this always happen to her? Jaekyu had a perfectly good life. She couldn’t let another flower make her cheery Jaekyu, into someone who was depressed. She just couldn’t let that happen.
 

“N-no, no. You have to get out of here. Now,” Yoonhae demanded, shocking both Baekhyun and Jaekyu.
 

“What?!” Jaekyu shrieked from her chair.
 

Jaekyu really thought that her mom would let Baekhyun stay. Baekhyun stared at her with wide eyes. She knew that I had come from a flower. I know that she has this feeling. Why is she kicking me out? What’s going on?
 

“No, please, just get out of my household. I can’t have you here,” Yoonhae told Baekhyun, as she pushed him lightly toward the door.
 

“No, mom, what are you doing?!” Jaekyu exclaimed, confused on what was going on. “Don’t kick him out! He helped me!” she added, as she flailed her arms.
 

Luhan helped me, too, but it only ended up hurting me in the end, Yoonhae thought bitterly. She was about to close the door on him, but she remembered--flowers need water. A surge of guiltiness went through her. She couldn’t just let him die.
 

“Aish,” she muttered, before she ran back and grabbed a water bottle. She pushed Baekhyun out, as she closed the door behind her.
 

“Here, drink this,” she commanded, as she handed him the water bottle. Baekhyun took the bottle of water from her, and drank from it. The water soothed his throat, and he felt like he could speak again.
 

“Now, don’t ask any questions. Go to that tree, and wait there for me. I’ll come back after I deal with Jaekyu, I promise,” Yoonhae whispered to Baekhyun. Baekhyun nodded. Before he could go to the tree, Yoonhae added, “And don’t take what I’m about to yell personally.”
 

Baekhhyun gulped, before he sprinted to the tree.
 

“DON’T EVER COME BACK!” Yoonhae shouted, before she entered the house again. Jaekyu was crying in her chair.
 

“You’re a monster, mom,” she muttered through her sobs. Yoonhae pursed her lips, before she came over to Jaekyu. “It’s not what you think, honey.”
 

“Of course it’s what I think! He helped me, and you just chased him away! I could’ve bled to death out there, if it weren’t for him! Look!” she exclaimed, before she showed her mom the hole. “It was bleeding, and now it stopped because Baekhyun mended it for me. You knew that he actually came from a flower, but you still chased him away! Where is he going to go now? I don’t know if he’s going to transform back into a flower or not! He might even die because you did that mom! I hate you!”
 

Yoonhae’s heart broke, as she heard what Jaekyu had to say to her.
 

“Honey, you don’t understand. I’m doing this for your own good,” Yoonhae sighed.
 

My own good? You don’t understand anything for it to be my own good!” Jaekyu fumed.
 

“Look, I know more then you think, so can you just please be good so I can fix your wounds--”

“I don’t want to be! If Baekhyun doesn’t fix it, then no one will!” Jaekyu yelled angrily, before she pushed her mom away.
She pushed away her pain, and ran into her room. Yoonhae looked at Jaekyu’s door, surprised at her outburst. As she placed away her shock, she got off the floor. She had to find somewhere to keep Baekhyun safe, yet out of Jaekyu’s way.


Hopefully Jaekyu will stay in her room for about an hour.